Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Nov 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2981421)   #76
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Wild Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm playing on Professionel level and have won 5 of 10 Career races in my first season. So maybe I should put the level up on Legend
Old 4 Nov 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2981451)   #77
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't mention I was Hamilton and somehow my win including taking Massa out at the start. F1 2011!
Old 5 Nov 2011, 03:16 (Ref:2981750)   #78
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone had issues with timing and scoring on the online sprint races?

I've had leads of half of a straight shown as .8 seconds and slim leads shown as 8 seconds. The worst was taking the lead in the first corner cruising to victory and actually LOSING! I would be much more PO'd if I weren't in utter shock... anyway anyone else? Or do the online racing gods just hate me (hate just me?)?
Old 5 Nov 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2981760)   #79
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, update...

Aparently I got a time penalty. I just finished a race first after making contact during my pass for the lead. I was again scored second. There's no notification during the race of a penalty (other than timing) and no mention afterward.

For the record, I've been penalised for light incidental contact (side by side in the first corner), getting turned into while overtaking (his fault/racing incident) and cleanly going from 3rd to 1st in the first corner (I won anyway). Dodgy stewardship is a neat wrinkle, but would have been more realistic a few years ago. The annoying part is reading timing and scoring while racing to see how far ahead of you the car behind you is.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2981792)   #80
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Nope, haven't played online yet.

Just raced Spa which did not turn out good. Started last but after first lap I was 8 (!) but later on I crashed.

Also in the race before Spa I tried to drive behind Safety Car for the first time in a rainy Hungaroring race which I won.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 20:28 (Ref:2982035)   #81
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed a little glitch the other day. Whilst running in a race I decided to pit as my tyres were shot. I was on the option and as I was only making 1 stop should have changed to prime, accidentally opted for another set of options so I thought I'd take the risk as my race was now buggered and carried on. Guess what I won the race using only option tyres. Yes it was on 20 0/0 plus.
Old 6 Nov 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2982112)   #82
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The penalty bugs can ruin championships at times. I spun dring FP1 and got a ten-place grid penalty for 'blocking', while on another occasion, I got a penalty for blocking when I collided with someone and he spun round in front of me, thus blocking me.

I can't recall if there is a way to turn penalties off. Perhaps so. It would also be a useful feature to turn DRS and KERS off, because when playing with the control pad, there's not always 2 suitable buttons to use with easy access for the fingers (I use L1 for DRS and L2 for KERS, but still have to change from my natural use of 2nd finger for my R2 upshift to my third, while the second finger controls the KERS.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2983488)   #83
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Can you turn off penalties? The way they're dished out is a "frickin' joke".

(Is the game supposed to come with an instruction manual? Mine didn't).
Old 9 Nov 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2983540)   #84
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

There's a disparity between my qualifying and race performances. I can win races, yet can't seem to get out of Q1 yet in a McLaren. Or maybe I'm just crap at qually.
Old 9 Nov 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2983708)   #85
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Picked this up today, had a good go, set it to expert!

Then I realised it's a lot harder than I thought it would be...

I practiced enough to qualify within a second of 23rd place, got up to 8th on lap 1, only to get a drive/through for touching Barrichello... Restart... Same sort of start, accidentally take out Trulli, Safety Car + Drive Through... Restart....
Old 12 Nov 2011, 22:50 (Ref:2985075)   #86
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been trying to improve my racing using the cockpit cam, had a go at Singapore tonight > CLICK
Old 13 Nov 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2985552)   #87
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone happen to have a spare VIP Pass code? Bit of a long shot, yes, but I was foolish enough to buy this preowned and have now realised that Codemasters are very cunning indeed... I'm not shelling out a tenner unless I really have to, single player is good enough for me at the moment.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2985682)   #88
Wild Dog
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
I ******* hate Singapore! Crap track!

But I won anyway without front wing and a puncture on the front right the whole last lap :P
Old 13 Nov 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2985684)   #89
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Drivers keep poking their noses down the inside as I turn in, get spun out, and I get the penalty..
Old 11 Dec 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2998421)   #90
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slight issue in TURKEY LOL
Old 15 Dec 2011, 13:46 (Ref:3000214)   #91
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
Been trying to improve my racing using the cockpit cam, had a go at Singapore tonight > CLICK
Dude, you need to up the difficulty haha

Amazing opening lap though! Love that track. I know alot of people hate it, but after 7-8 laps, you get in to an incredible flow. You find yourself being able to take some of the chicanes much faster than you originally anticipated.

Selby
Old 21 Dec 2011, 20:46 (Ref:3002894)   #92
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS3 and Xbox F1 is 19.99 i think till xmas eve

Chris
Old 13 Apr 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3058393)   #93
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
It would also be a useful feature to turn DRS and KERS off, because when playing with the control pad, there's not always 2 suitable buttons to use with easy access for the fingers (I use L1 for DRS and L2 for KERS, but still have to change from my natural use of 2nd finger for my R2 upshift to my third, while the second finger controls the KERS.
I was having this issue but found a good solution. I have DRS as R1 because you only have to press it once and then your fingers are free to upshift with whichever finger you prefer and having KERS as L1 you can hold quite naturally whilst upshifting with the right hand. Doesn't get in the way of the downshifts as your not using KERS at that point. KERS & DRS is second nature now. I kno this is an old post so dont know if this is any use to you but thought id give my input.