Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2002, 15:52 (Ref:311716)   #51
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know if they broke any Austrian sport law? I mean, can this in any way be treated as 'fixing sport event'?
Old 12 Jun 2002, 16:17 (Ref:311742)   #52
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the team will be reprended for its action, and at least Ferrari will be fined or stripping the points the team gained -not the drivers- in the Austrian GP.
I hope they have a more severe punishment for the incident (a ban for one GP, for example) but Ferrari is the primadonna of the F1 (like the other two aethernal top teams, McLaren and Williams), and for many reasons it will not be happen.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 02:58 (Ref:313246)   #53
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
Does anybody know if they broke any Austrian sport law? I mean, can this in any way be treated as 'fixing sport event'?
I dont think so. may be if betting firms go ahead and sue FIA and Ferrari???
Old 14 Jun 2002, 03:41 (Ref:313256)   #54
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Re: Oh boy, another one that thinks...

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Because those that are booing are booing and showing middle finger anyway? They only did it louder than usual.
Don't be ridiculous I would nevr have boo-ed or jeered at MSch before Austria, and even the Tifosi were burning a Ferrari flag. While many may not have admired MSch, the intensity and volume of ire is more intense than anything ever shown to any F1 driver before.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 14 Jun 2002, 21:24 (Ref:313921)   #55
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Today, much like any other day, Schumacher is Bin Laden, Hitler, Al Capone and Darth Vader all rolled into one!
Hey! MS isn't my favourite driver either, but he is NOT a killer!!!! Get a grip!
Old 14 Jun 2002, 22:42 (Ref:313999)   #56
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
???

Yoong, try telling that to the "anti-Schumacherist"...they need to "Get a grip!" with such fantasies..
Old 15 Jun 2002, 06:17 (Ref:314185)   #57
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
???

Yoong, try telling that to the "anti-Schumacherist"..

i wonder what that makes you lot??

The disciples???
Old 15 Jun 2002, 09:14 (Ref:314223)   #58
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My god you guys can be thick at times - I was trying to illustrate how absurd the anti-Schumacher posts are!

Irony. It's not a new concept. Not ebverything has to be punctuated with facile smilie faces to be humour.

The very fact that anyone could take that list of infamous villains as a serious comparisson points to the pathetic depths that the anti-schumi things has sunk to.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 13:00 (Ref:314322)   #59
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The very fact that anyone could take that list of infamous villains as a serious comparisson points to the pathetic depths that the anti-schumi things has sunk to.
glen, no one is comparing HIM to these villians.

have you heard of the word "humour"?????
Old 15 Jun 2002, 15:47 (Ref:314417)   #60
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I bet he hasnt
Old 15 Jun 2002, 16:01 (Ref:314433)   #61
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ljakse
Well, that's what I was thinking after the event as, technically, the 'switch' was race fixing, which in most countries is a criminal offence.

The problem is: who would they charge? And who could this relate to the FIA ruling, or would it be an independent investigation?

Also, as most people know, this sort of thing has happened before. The thing is, there has never been this sort of reaction.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 16:13 (Ref:314442)   #62
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

Well, that's what I was thinking after the event as, technically, the 'switch' was race fixing, which in most countries is a criminal offence.

i don't think that this really counts as match-fixing as Ferrari would have won either way! although it was still morally wrong.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 16:17 (Ref:314446)   #63
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Today, much like any other day, Schumacher is Bin Laden, Hitler, Al Capone and Darth Vader all rolled into one!
TGF may be German, but comparing him to Hitler is ridiculous.

He certainly isn't an OBL clone (though he does have a tendency to fly into other machines)

Al Capone - TGF ain't no gangster, though he does have his 'gang'.

Darth Vader - BINGO!! Come to the dark side
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:30 (Ref:315223)   #64
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Freud and Calais you really are the most frustrating pair - the original list WAS humour, and that is my point. My second point was that any confusion that has arisen has done so only because of the ludicrous pre-disposition of certain posters.

Just to spell it out one more time - these names were all used by others in this thread, and then I lumped them together in one list to show how daft it is.

Last edited by Glen; 17 Jun 2002 at 08:33.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:38 (Ref:315228)   #65
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Glen, my response was meant to be nothing more than tongue-in-cheek. I'm not taking any of this THAT seriously. Frankly, I don't care.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:38 (Ref:315229)   #66
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
freud and calais do have the same level when it comes to the way they perceive matters no offense mates

Glen...now i'm confuse with whom you support. If i remembered correctly you used to debate with the Doc defending Michael but now you are comparing him with Darth Vader :confused:
Old 17 Jun 2002, 08:50 (Ref:315237)   #67
Glen
Veteran

I think I shoud re-read the ten-tenths forum rules - I must have missed the "no irony" regulation.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 09:04 (Ref:315249)   #68
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's with regard of calais & freud, i don't think they'll mind me saying those things about them as we are so used at attacking eachother in here without either one of us feeling offended.

That's what make them different, i guess