Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jan 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3184611)   #201
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Gordon, if Lobato left, who would ever replace him? A sycophantic granny of Fernando's perhaps?
They're have to carry Antonio out in a box !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jan 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3184918)   #202
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
SSN and ATR are allowed to do this as they are showing data rather than action. There is strict rules regarding the percentage of the screen that must be given over to the advert.

The F1 equivalent would be a qually style timing tower down one side, with pitstop and tyre info along the bottom. With an advert taking up the majority of the screen.
Maybe we get different ATR feeds UK versus Ireland. I'm sure ATR feature races during adverts in Ireland. I'll double check tomorrow.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3185257)   #203
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To cut to the chase for a moment, IMHO Suzy Perry will be an excellent addition to the Beeb's line up.
I have been an avid spectator of both WSBK and MotoGP over recent years in addition to my 4 wheel addiction and I think Suzy has always been succinct, accurate and passionate in her presenting. Her personable attitude will be welcome in F1 assuming she does her homework which I'm sure is a given.
P.S. Stop knocking Jake H - he did a great job
P.P.S. Bernie's avarice is beyond my comprehension irrespective of his record
Old 5 Jan 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3185258)   #204
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I really am surprised by some of the criticism of Jake. I thought he did a great job and am sorry to see him go.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 01:05 (Ref:3185747)   #205
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree with you and justracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I really am surprised by some of the criticism of Jake. I thought he did a great job and am sorry to see him go.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3185899)   #206
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Totally agree with you and justracing
me too; it's not often you see a total natural, yet smooth and professional as well.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3185900)   #207
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Strange how this criticism was only voiced after he'd stopped.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3185913)   #208
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I think most of us will look back on Jake's time, presenting the BBC F1 coverage and appreciate what a professional and pleasant 'front man' he became.

In the context of this thread and others of a similar nature, I've become increasingly associated with and supportive to the phrase on Garcon's signature block - "It's the Internet. Nobody cares"
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3185914)   #209
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My signature is there to remind me as much as anybody.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3185917)   #210
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
My signature is there to remind me as much as anybody.
That may be so but, on a more serious note, many would do well to remember that phrase when posting ..... fortunately, 10 Tenths suffers far less than other forums
Old 7 Jan 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3185953)   #211
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Hail Humphrey! Hail Humphrey!

Old 7 Jan 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3186065)   #212
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
TV Presenter Gareth Jones would have been great.
Anyone remember the Jenson Button song about him never winning a race?

Might be interesting to try Gareth Jones for some interviews and fan interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
P.S. Stop knocking Jake H - he did a great job
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
He did a good job, but not great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Strange how this criticism was only voiced after he'd stopped.
It never stopped...

Last edited by TWRv12; 7 Jan 2013 at 17:29.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3186074)   #213
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I think he did a great job. Far better than some previous contenders IMHO
Old 7 Jan 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3186114)   #214
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I liked him a lot; just not as much as Suzi.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 02:31 (Ref:3186258)   #215
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin

A prince amongst presenters!

Old 8 Jan 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3186312)   #216
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I agree in so far that we're all allowed our opinions and as a result sometimes people just can't see the attraction or quality of a subject which is apparently a obvious to others.

Jake seems to be a 'marmite' case.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3186419)   #217
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Down boy .. Down boy ... !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I liked him a lot; just not as much as Suzi.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3186553)   #218
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Old 24 Jan 2013, 00:38 (Ref:3193471)   #219
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom

Just been watching this interview of Jake and Paul di Resta on Autosport's dedicated Youtube channel.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulmbo...D_f1w9nVa6UhAw

Very good and there are some other excellent ones especially Barry Lee's interview ... I love that guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp4z5...D_f1w9nVa6UhAw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Old 24 Jan 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3193487)   #220
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
A solo interview with Jake at AI 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNSzP...D_f1w9nVa6UhAw
Old 27 Jan 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3194918)   #221
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't stand Suzi Perry..I always get the impression she loves herslef just a little *too* much.

Really disappointing to have her onscreen instead of Jake..
Old 28 Jan 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3195436)   #222
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi View Post
I can't stand Suzi Perry..I always get the impression she loves herslef just a little *too* much.

Really disappointing to have her onscreen instead of Jake..
Funnily enough I would share the exact same sentiments but the other way round!
Old 28 Jan 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3195484)   #223
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Interesting chunterer, because until I watched his interview at Auotsport International 2013, I thought he was rather up himself..