Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 4 Nov 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3327177)   #26
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here are some photos from the weekend. I hope you like them!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9922987...7637229866693/
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3327268)   #27
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny1664 View Post
Did White keep 2nd place or get any penalty for the incident with the Team USA car on the Wellington straight?
The USA car was aggressively squeezed onto the grass two thirds of the way along the straight and the resulting spin across the track at high speed was quite a moment. He was very lucky indeed.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3327335)   #28
grumpyf14d
Rookie

United States
London
grumpyf14d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
The USA car was aggressively squeezed onto the grass two thirds of the way along the straight and the resulting spin across the track at high speed was quite a moment. He was very lucky indeed.
So normal Formula Ford racing etiquette. You gotta know when to let up and find another opportunity or your going find yourself in the grass a lot. Jake should have known and followed Ollie, Scott was already far ahead so no need to be in a rush with that many laps left.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3327379)   #29
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyf14d View Post
So normal Formula Ford racing etiquette. You gotta know when to let up and find another opportunity or your going find yourself in the grass a lot. Jake should have known and followed Ollie, Scott was already far ahead so no need to be in a rush with that many laps left.
Jake impressed me. He certainly had the speed but naturally he was inexperienced with the race craft over here. That said I thought he did enough to deserve a podium. As Flavio said he was agressively squeezed which seems to be a tactic which is on the increase particularly amongst some of the younger drivers. I know FF1600 has always been tough (I've been watching it for 40 odd years) but it's usually "reasonably" fair. As you say perhaps a little more experience would have made him a little more wise but no one is driving for points in these events!

Dominic Malvern
Old 5 Nov 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3327405)   #30
FA73
Racer

FA73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The front 4 in the Classic/Historic final were all covered by less than 1 second for most of the race (and no one got put on the grass).

Well done to all involved - Richard Tarling, Sam Mitchell, Simon Toyne and Mark Draghicescu - that was one of the best races I have ever seen.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3327406)   #31
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA73 View Post
The front 4 in the Classic/Historic final were all covered by less than 1 second for most of the race (and no one got put on the grass).

Well done to all involved - Richard Tarling, Sam Mitchell, Simon Toyne and Mark Draghicescu - that was one of the best races I have ever seen.
Definitely agree! Excellent & entertaining race. Well done to all of them; Vergers was reeling them in though...........if only had been a 15 lapper (like the main event) I thhink it would have been five for the lead! Proper Formula Ford! Makes me wish that I was still out there

Dominic Malvern
Old 5 Nov 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3327408)   #32
Benny1664
Racer

Benny1664 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit that I though the historics/classic Fords were better racing than the 1600s and definitely cleaner too! Brilliant race to watch.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3327495)   #33
FA73
Racer

FA73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
Definitely agree! Excellent & entertaining race. Well done to all of them; Vergers was reeling them in though...........if only had been a 15 lapper (like the main event) I thhink it would have been five for the lead! Proper Formula Ford! Makes me wish that I was still out there

Dominic Malvern

You are quite right - and if Stuart Kestenbaum had not had a car problem on lap 1 it could even have been six !

Andrew Smith
Old 5 Nov 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3327714)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The historics were amazing. To my mind there was a race for 1st, for 2nd and for 3rd. There were 4 cars in 1st, 5 in 2nd and about 8 in 3rd! Every lap I was looking forward to seeing them come back, and trying to guess what order they might be in this time! Best race of the season, any category or circuit.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3327745)   #35
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a lot of close racing through the field. Looked like a career in karting would be good training.

The Pack 1

The Pack 2

Near the front.

Ben Mitchell and Nick Tandy.

Please excuse the appearance of these - crushed for web use.

I'll get to the Historic Final soon ....
Old 8 Nov 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3328892)   #36
nigel grant
Rookie

nigel grant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read with interest the coments about the clean driving in the Historic Final at the WHT. To be able to drive like this dosen't happen by accident, these drivers have something called respect they regularly put on performances like the one that has been described on this forum, this would not have been an isolated incident. My Dad who is now in his 80's and was both a competitor in the 1950's and later a Judge Of Fact always told us if you have to knock someone off to get past you don't have the skills required to drive a racing car" in other words your not good enough.
Motor sport at any level has a lot to learn from these young men.
Old 8 Nov 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3328900)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Photos from WHT on Sunday can be found here:

Quite a lot, all of them web friendly size.

All taken from the area of the Luffield banking - it seemed like the best option for the day all in all.

We lost the light after the stoppage in the final and it got to the point where things were so dark in camera that the results were less than great so the usable quantity dropped off somewhat.

Most of these look a lot more interesting and not so repetitive when available in a high resolution format so that details become visible. But that's not very web friendly. I'll add a few higher resolution examples if there is enough interest.

Enjoy.
Old 9 Nov 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3329361)   #38
NoelR
Rookie

NoelR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe138 View Post
Noel Robinson's exit at Copse that brought out the red flags was fairly scary and I was quite worried at the time as it took quite an effort to release him, even though damage to the car appeared to be fairly superficial. Does anyone know how he is?
Thankfully just bruised and sore Giraffe. For a fairly heavy impact the car stood up very well and the bits that should bend did. But in saying that still a lot damage done in an unnecessary incident.

If you were one of the marshalls at the scene thanks for your help although i'd expect nothing less as you marshalls always do an excellent and very important job.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3330231)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Good to hear you are OK Noel. Not a great way to end a season.

Seems I somehow missed some shots from the final when I was processing stuff earlier in the week. So a few more added to the web site accessible via the link a handful of posts back.

This one is from a short sequence on one lap that stands out for being remarkable close but with no incident as a consequence. Which is rather pleasing.