Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:13 (Ref:3597420)   #26
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
The second paragraph is simply not true.
It seriously is. You have the fast guys dropping half a mill a year on new metal easy.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3597424)   #27
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
It seriously is. You have the fast guys dropping half a mill a year on new metal easy.

Many of the cars are very competitive for more than 12 months and in many cases upgrades do the job.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:35 (Ref:3597429)   #28
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Many of the cars are very competitive for more than 12 months and in many cases upgrades do the job.
Still, right now, $750k a year gets you up the front, and it is really only borderline sustainable. I am glad we have dudes who have done so well to burn money for their gratification and our entertainment.

It is getting very GrpA like in that if you don't have the latest weapon you are nowhere fast.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:39 (Ref:3597430)   #29
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Still, right now, $750k a year gets you up the front, and it is really only borderline sustainable. I am glad we have dudes who have done so well to burn money for their gratification and our entertainment.

It is getting very GrpA like in that if you don't have the latest weapon you are nowhere fast.
Yeah i loved this year how percat, heimgartner, blanchard, wood, holdsworth, slade, etc all had multiple podiums and victories
Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:41 (Ref:3597431)   #30
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Someone with their finger on the pulse would be better equipped to provide the facts on this, plus I'm not getting into a V8SC v GT wankfest.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:45 (Ref:3597433)   #31
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Yeah i loved this year how percat, heimgartner, blanchard, wood, holdsworth, slade, etc all had multiple podiums and victories
I am not the one who slings mud about how much less their class costs per round, while technically true, is completely disingenuous.

Anyway v8sa aside, the class costs are eye watering, growing against a shrinking economic backdrop and it seems the guy at the front is the championship owner.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 03:58 (Ref:3597435)   #32
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Hang on, a car that was homologated in August of 1987 was still winning races in 1992. That must represent good value for money.

I won't have people bad mouthing Group A.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 04:15 (Ref:3597438)   #33
Mixer
Veteran

My point being this category imploded not that long ago because it's millionaire benefactor walked. Situation now sounds eerily familiar.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 05:19 (Ref:3597444)   #34
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This category? I think you are blurring lines now Mixer.

Who is buying new cars annually? Quinn changes manufacturers regularly but I would suggest that is more to do generating new brand interest in the series.

Many buy aero upgrades but new cars?
Old 13 Dec 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3597445)   #35
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
This category? I think you are blurring lines now Mixer.
Current category started in 2005:
Quote:
With the demise of PROCAR during 2004, CAMS revived the Australian GT Championship in 2005 (the first time the championship was run in 20 years) and the series was merged into the grids of the Australian Porsche Drivers Challenge, itself a class of refugees left over after the Australian Carrera Cup Championship replaced the former Porsche Cup. The regulations differed and not all Nations Cup cars were eligible to race in the GT series, the controversial Holden Monaro 427C the most notable such example.
It is the same championship, under an eerily similar structure now.

I don't think Tony Quinn is going anywhere, but I didn't think Ross Palmer was either.
Old 13 Dec 2015, 07:04 (Ref:3597449)   #36
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you have to buy a new car every year!
Who is buying a new car every year?
Old 13 Dec 2015, 09:21 (Ref:3597460)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Current category started in 2005:

AGT is the same championship, under an eerily similar structure now.

I don't think Tony Quinn is going anywhere, but I didn't think Ross Palmer was either.
AGT is the same championship as 2005 yes. Which wasn't Procar or Nations Cup.

Tony Quinn is the category manager - he isn't a promoter, he doesn't own or run an entire series & doesn't underwrite other cars, drivers or teams in AGT.

As I suggested, don't blur the lines