Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2024, 23:15 (Ref:4218332)   #126
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I expect it will be as silly as a lot of the other motorsport movies that have come before.

The usual tropes;

- haggard old timer needs to retire
- young rookie needs to prove his worth
- press the accelerator harder to pass a load of cars just when it seems all hope is lost
- a driver gets injured in spectacular accident causing the main character to go into an existential dilemma.
- drawing new car ideas on the back of napkins

All of this will be in there I guarantee!!

I actually didn’t mind Rush, it was ok, one of the better efforts to capture motorsport drama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Agree.

An alternate plot path could have focused on teams in which the rich owner dies leaving internal political battles for control. Mix in some in appropriate sexual behavior with subordinates to clearly paint someone as the bad guy. Thrown in some various driver conflicts so they can stare menacingly at each other on the grid before the race. And if you really want to be politically incorrect, throw in some nationalistic generalizations about specific non-UK centric teams being clowns, etc. But then that might match reality too closely and F1 might not support that type of plotline. Better to just use the existing motorsport tropes. Just downshift and give it more throttle!!
Think that you both may have come up with a good basis for drinking game based around this movie!
Old 10 Jul 2024, 13:22 (Ref:4218492)   #127
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can understand the skepticism, but I expect the racing sequences to be fantastic. And lets face it, Grand Prix and Le Mans don't have particularly great stories either - but they capture their respective eras in stunning detail.

I'll be interested to see how much of the footage comes from actual racing. The Alpine had a special shoulder cam, from which there is footage in the trailer going through Eau Rouge, and it looks stunning.
Old 10 Jul 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4218498)   #128
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
A bit amusing seeing Pitt walking around in the background in full kit pretending to be a driver but I guess that’s movie magic!

I saw a shot of him going into the press interview pen - and in the back of the shot my mate's daughter could be seen - her role being "babysitting" Lance Stroll. Apparently all the real crews and helpers had been told to ignore Pitt and just get on as normal, which Eve seemed to manage to do - though Lance seemed be gazing directly at him, as though thinking "if he wasn't here I could be getting on with my interview...."
Old 14 Jul 2024, 21:41 (Ref:4219421)   #129
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After seeing Brad Pitt driving at the age of 60, Alonso would be planning to race in F1 for a few more years at least
Old 15 Jul 2024, 14:14 (Ref:4219480)   #130
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Geez you lot are complainers!

The usual tropes;

- haggard old timer needs to retire
- young rookie needs to prove his worth
- press the accelerator harder to pass a load of cars just when it seems all hope is lost
- a driver gets injured in spectacular accident causing the main character to go into an existential dilemma.
- drawing new car ideas on the back of napkins

Look, grandad - Its a fictional movie story and make believe. Its not a deep dissection expose into the secrets of the world of f1.

Its something to watch with loved ones while eating popcorn when theres no race.
And maybe like DTS a few will want to watch some races after seeing it. (DTS wasnt supposed to be a deep dissection either, just entertainment...
theres nothing wrong with just fun entertainment)

There will be a lot of tropes cliches inaccuracies and "as if" moments. Enjoy them! Feel smug and superior as you guffaw!
i hate to break it to you, Star wars isnt an accurate retelling of what occurred long long ago in a galaxy far far away, nor is star trek, shrek, cars or the italian job actually accurate. Just like when your mum tucked you in and said "once upon a time" she was lying too.

Its just some FUN!
Take off your anorak, settle into your comfy chair lighten up and enjoy the make believe for a couple of hours.
Draw the curtains if you are worried people will catch you being happy.

Last edited by bathurst77; 15 Jul 2024 at 14:25.
Old 15 Jul 2024, 14:19 (Ref:4219481)   #131
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Wait til the movie comes on Netflix... settle down in your lounge.
If you dont like the movie you can slash the seats!
Old 15 Jul 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4219511)   #132
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
...i hate to break it to you, Star wars isnt an accurate retelling of what occurred long long ago in a galaxy far far away
Old 16 Jul 2024, 02:36 (Ref:4219549)   #133
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
… Star wars isnt an accurate retelling of what occurred long long ago in a galaxy far far away, …
You don’t believe in the force, do you?
Old 23 Jul 2024, 13:36 (Ref:4220358)   #134
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You don’t believe in the force, do you?
I have been an F1 fan long enough to fully understand the fArce.
Old 24 Jul 2024, 14:36 (Ref:4220463)   #135
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have been an F1 fan long enough to fully understand the fArce.
haha, if you also meant it to be a jab at the totally awful Force Awakens/sequel trilogy, then bloody brilliant!

still has the best F1 inspired racing scene ever!