Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jul 2024, 15:33 (Ref:4218401)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think so. In the early dry running Max was slipping away. I don't think there is any basis for assuming that he would have been able to mix it with the top 3. After all, he only finished second due to Russell's retirement and Lando's poor pit stop and tyre choice.
Old 9 Jul 2024, 15:45 (Ref:4218403)   #77
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think so. In the early dry running Max was slipping away. I don't think there is any basis for assuming that he would have been able to mix it with the top 3. After all, he only finished second due to Russell's retirement and Lando's poor pit stop and tyre choice.

Sometimes all it takes, is for the other guy to screw up.
Old 9 Jul 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4218406)   #78
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if the race had stayed dry they were suggesting the top teams would have opted for a 1 stopper and as the Mclaren seem to be the ones with the better form over long stints, its very possible that Piastri could have also been in there to snag a podium place.
Old 9 Jul 2024, 22:38 (Ref:4218443)   #79
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if the race had stayed dry they were suggesting the top teams would have opted for a 1 stopper and as the Mclaren seem to be the ones with the better form over long stints, its very possible that Piastri could have also been in there to snag a podium place.
For my money Piastri lost out big time after the 1st stop. He lost betw 15-20 secs as a result of not stacking.
The pace he had in the last stint was equal if not better than anyone else on average so had strategy calls been better he would have won.
Old 9 Jul 2024, 23:06 (Ref:4218444)   #80
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Here's a theoretical question for you. Mechanical breakdowns aside. Based on pure pace, if it stayed dry for the whole race, would we have seen a British 1-2-3?
Oscar in those early conditions was the fastest man on track, it could have been another case of an Aussie ruining a British sporting party
Old 9 Jul 2024, 23:31 (Ref:4218450)   #81
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Oscar in those early conditions was the fastest man on track, it could have been another case of an Aussie ruining a British sporting party
wrong thread
Old 11 Jul 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4218619)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sometimes all it takes, is for the other guy to screw up.
As always of course, but I was working on an absence of screw-ups...