Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old Yesterday, 12:59 (Ref:4229276)   #51
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Any word indicating if the Chevron Jr car is going to be doing demo laps during the lunchbreaks? I know they hoped to have it shakedown running esrlier his week but the poor weather may have delayed that.

over 300 laps at angelsey last week

https://tocajuniorofficial.com/news/...ay-at-anglesey
Old Yesterday, 15:02 (Ref:4229283)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
over 300 laps at angelsey last week

https://tocajuniorofficial.com/news/...ay-at-anglesey
https://www.facebook.com/reel/517579981021846
Old Yesterday, 15:32 (Ref:4229286)   #53
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If one can depend on weather forecasts - sometimes I doubt whether they can tell what it's currently like even by looking out of the window - it's looking as though both Saturday and Sunday will be dry with sunny periods.
Old Yesterday, 15:51 (Ref:4229288)   #54
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
you kidding right?

just one event live on itv plus the huge spectators at that event plus live streaming on itvx is much much more than a whole season of hardly anybody watching or viewing!

or maybe you think its just a coincidence that ginetta grids have fallen since leaving and the porsche grids have boomed
You could quite easily flip that around and look at how much the grid in the Mini Challenge has shrunk since being on the TOCA package and how F4 has grown since introducing away rounds.

Anyway, Brands GP is always a good event. I'd be happy with either Hill or Ingram as champion. Would be nice to see a new champion in Hill actually.
Old Yesterday, 16:12 (Ref:4229292)   #55
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
You could quite easily flip that around and look at how much the grid in the Mini Challenge has shrunk since being on the TOCA package and how F4 has grown since introducing away rounds..

completely irrelevent as we are talking about sports car categories and comparing apples for apples
Old Yesterday, 16:25 (Ref:4229294)   #56
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://btcc.net/dan-zelos-retains-b...-hatch-finale/

Zelos keeps his seat.
Old Yesterday, 19:49 (Ref:4229323)   #57
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yeah he was definitely at the BTCC! He only does Sundays though so maybe he was at TCR on Saturday, I can’t remember.

Personally I do like him and think he’s good, brings some enthusiasm, but completely agree on the constant squeals and gasps!
He wasn't at TCR for Thruxton at all - hence why Jack Oliphant did all the comms beside McKewen, and Martin Haven covered for RJN on the rest of the bill.

One thing I will say about O'Neil. He knows everybody in both BTCC and TCR - the drivers, bosses, mechanics, and it's the same with all of the support championships (maybe not F4) with both BTCC and TCR. And the amount of midweek work coaching and the like - yeah, he squeals, but I think he's actually more clued up than most of the rest of the team, but because he can be loud, he seems a bit reigned in on BTCC compared to TCR, which is a shame.

I'd like to see him take the job that Lou Goodman has, with her taking Ryders role (unless he gives it another year of course.) Jade has been excellent, but if she can't get a drive then I'd love to see her go to Porsches, or even TCR (with no clashes next year that would work.

My unpopular opinion is I'd like to see a refresh in the comms box. Yes, Addison has great knowledge, but I just don't 'get it' ad Harvey, for me, not my taste, I think some youngr blood is needed as an ex-driver (you can all crucify me for that now) but Andy McKewen and Matt Neal would be good (I'd say Plato, but I don't think he'd be in the price range!!)
Old Yesterday, 22:38 (Ref:4229333)   #58
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Be careful when comparing ITV viewing figures, the numbers fluctuate wildly during the broadcast. The peak number that BTCC quote is very different from the average for the entire (8hr) programme that BARB use. The number watching during support races will be significantly lower.
I don't think it'll be as low as 500 or less that the GT Supports sometimes pull in

Stupidly, they all demand their own stream instead of having one long stream through the day that might allow numbers to build and a longer time for the algorythms to throw them at people's feeds....so this really hurts their numbers

But I doubt even the lowest numbers for ITV4 are lower than the highest for Ginettas or GB4/3 (which seem to be dying on the vine, being offshoots of a ladder that no-one wants to climb any more) which get a couple of thousand at their highest.

It's just not a contest, the package the BTCC offers is so much better....
Old Today, 08:15 (Ref:4229355)   #59
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
Stupidly, they all demand their own stream instead of having one long stream through the day that might allow numbers to build and a longer time for the algorythms to throw them at people's feeds....so this really hurts their numbers
And when the timetable slips, nobody has any clue when the races are going to happen, which kills them even more.
Old Today, 08:56 (Ref:4229358)   #60
tee.1s
Rookie

tee.1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
He wasn't at TCR for Thruxton at all - hence why Jack Oliphant did all the comms beside McKewen, and Martin Haven covered for RJN on the rest of the bill.

One thing I will say about O'Neil. He knows everybody in both BTCC and TCR - the drivers, bosses, mechanics, and it's the same with all of the support championships (maybe not F4) with both BTCC and TCR. And the amount of midweek work coaching and the like - yeah, he squeals, but I think he's actually more clued up than most of the rest of the team, but because he can be loud, he seems a bit reigned in on BTCC compared to TCR, which is a shame.

I'd like to see him take the job that Lou Goodman has, with her taking Ryders role (unless he gives it another year of course.) Jade has been excellent, but if she can't get a drive then I'd love to see her go to Porsches, or even TCR (with no clashes next year that would work.

My unpopular opinion is I'd like to see a refresh in the comms box. Yes, Addison has great knowledge, but I just don't 'get it' ad Harvey, for me, not my taste, I think some youngr blood is needed as an ex-driver (you can all crucify me for that now) but Andy McKewen and Matt Neal would be good (I'd say Plato, but I don't think he'd be in the price range!!)
I've been binging a lot of the races from 2007-2011 and ben edwards was such a fantastic commentator. Really miss him on the ITV coverage
Old Today, 10:14 (Ref:4229371)   #61
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you lot think you could have this TV coverage conversation in a thread that isn't about the final round?
Old Today, 13:31 (Ref:4229386)   #62
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Do you lot think you could have this TV coverage conversation in a thread that isn't about the final round?
For the final round we have David Addison and Tim Harvey in the comms box. I'd like to see them replaced personally, Ben Edwards was great back in the day, but his trackside commentary at Snetterton wasn't so good. He simply wasn't prepped enough. Although if he was prepped for this weekend I'd have him back.

Sorry Greem - ;-) !!