Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Nov 2000, 20:11 (Ref:46872)   #1
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are the most expensive and sought after seats almost allways at the start-finish straight. Invariably, as at Silverstone, this gives a poor view of the track as a whole, with just the straight in view. I also think that at Silverstone there is no big TV to watch, or roof, either. There are only two good reasons to sit at the start; for the start itself and the podium ceremony. But I can never understand why, at the same cost for a ticket, this is seen as better value than other areas, such as the stands near the last corner with a view of the complex section, or a £90 general admission ticket.

Anyway, I would like to hear if any of you have brought tickets for the said stand and what it is that makes you buy them.

I'm not saying it's a bad decision, just that I have never been a fan of watching a race from a straight.
Old 5 Nov 2000, 20:36 (Ref:46879)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It might be to see the overtaking seeing as most overtaking in F1 happens during pitstops.

But I think it it is historical, before the large screens radio feeds and so on, the finish line was the best way to see who won. It also gets all the pre race shows, plus the chance to see the stars briefly without a helmet on.

SL
Old 5 Nov 2000, 20:53 (Ref:46880)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I have a friend who was on the start-finish straight at Silverstone this year and she said it was a good place to sit because it offered a really good view of the start, the pitstops, the parc ferme and the podium.