- special paintschemes for selected races, like Monaco or Indy

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 16 Jul 2003, 22:52 (Ref:663402)   #28
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone think that different paint scheme would have saved teams like Prost and Arrows?

What I mean by this is how many companies can afford to sponsor a 2 car team? If teams were able to have cars with separate liveries you could charge more than half of what it costs to sponsor a 2 car team for a livery on 1 car to companies that can't afford a 2 car team. For example (not actual figures):

2 cars = $50 Million current (same livery)
or
(2) 1 car liveries = $30 Million each for a total of $60 Million
Old 17 Jul 2003, 11:50 (Ref:663790)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You might be right brightline, but rules re rules.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 12:10 (Ref:663806)   #30
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then again, you might be wrong at your math... The

2 cars = $50 Million
or
1 car = 5 (five) millon apiece

is also a possibility.

Just imagine. Lets say that Marlboro pays Ferrari $50 million. Well, 2 different liveries... (blasphemy of course, I know ) But Marlboro would gladly pay $30 M to paint Michael's car in red, but who's gonna pay more than $5M for Rubens car? ($4.99M actually being for the Ferrari name )
Old 17 Jul 2003, 18:06 (Ref:664169)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm racking my brain here for a year, but I'm sure that one year when two Marlbro sponsored cars (Senna and Prost)were racing it out for the championship, one of the cars colour scheme was changed to Yellow and White rather than Red and White, for the final race/couple of races.
Maybe '88 or'89 ?? Or is my memory just playing tricks??
Old 17 Jul 2003, 18:08 (Ref:664171)   #32
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Huh??
I think it's your memory playing trixx on you.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:01 (Ref:664223)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IIRC Malboro once sported a lights (yellow) car. It might have happened more than once, but I think it happened in 1986. Keke (ironic?) raced with a the yellow and white decals.

I am fairly sure it never happend when Prost and Senna were together.

At Hungary that year teh West sponsored Zakspeeds also ran a different lievery. They changed "West" to "East".

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Jul 2003 at 19:03.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:02 (Ref:664224)   #34
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ScotsBrutesFan
I'm racking my brain here for a year, but I'm sure that one year when two Marlbro sponsored cars (Senna and Prost)were racing it out for the championship, one of the cars colour scheme was changed to Yellow and White rather than Red and White, for the final race/couple of races.
Maybe '88 or'89 ?? Or is my memory just playing tricks??

Probably to push the Marlboro Lights-brand (gold/white). But no, I think you're wrong about this one.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:05 (Ref:664230)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just had a quick look back at '86. Keke ran the Marlboro Lights livery at Estoril in 1986.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:36 (Ref:664264)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bugger Ashmore You always beat me...

Keke's Yellow MacLaren
Old 17 Jul 2003, 21:27 (Ref:664388)   #37
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I knew I had seen a Yellow Marlboro at somepoint. You have to excuse my memory as I was only around 12 years old in '86.

Oh Bononi that link doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks for putting me right guys

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 17 Jul 2003 at 21:29.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 18:02 (Ref:665130)   #38
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
What was the last single car team, Rial?
The last single car teams were Coloni and Fondmetal in 1991. Brabham in his last race (Hungary 1992) entered a single car for Damon Hill, but previously that entered two cars. I think the last time when any team entered a single car was in Monaco 1994 when Williams and Simtek entered a solely car due to the Imola tragedies of Senna and Ratzenberger.