Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2003, 11:43 (Ref:709015)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sir Frank paid the money for the name "Schumacher", hoping there was something genetic. I would guess Memo Gidley could get a drive somewhere if his name were only Memo Schumacher.

I too know nothing for sure except that with his current salary demands, Jacques better be looking for a drive in NA$CAR. Except they don't hire Canadians.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 14:40 (Ref:709213)   #27
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This was published by Eurobusiness magazine (owned by Bernie) in 2000, ok quite old but still pretty accurate since jacques was on a 5 year contract with BAR starting from 1999.

1 Michael Schumacher £19.1m
2 Jacques Villeneuve £6.3m
3 Mika Hakkinen £6.3m
4 Eddie Irvine £6.3m
5 Ralf Schumacher £3.8m
6 Rubens Barrichello £3.5m
7 Giancarlo Fisichella £2.5m
8 Heinz-Harald Frentzen £2.2m
9 Jarno Trulli £2.0m
10 Jean Alesi £1.9m
11 David Coulthard £1.7m
12 Ricardo Zonta £1.7m
13 Mika Salo £1.5m
14 Alex Wurz £956,000
15 Johnny Herbert £796,000
16 Nick Heidfeld £637,000
17 Jenson Button £191,000
18 Jos Verstappen £159,000
19 Marc Gene Nil
20 Gaston Mazzcane -£1.2m
21 Pedro Diniz -£5.0
22 Pedro de la Rosa -£5.0

A lot less than the 16-20 million some here claim...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 15:01 (Ref:709239)   #28
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
A lot less than the 16-20 million some here claim...
He signed a contract extension in 2000 that increased his salary to at least £10m a year.

Whatever his salary is Frank probably isn't too impressed by watching JVil getting his arse handed to him by one of his rejects.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 20:02 (Ref:709484)   #29
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think: Your all tired of threads about JV's future

Know : I'm all tired of threads about JV's future

Danica Patrick
Old 6 Sep 2003, 00:15 (Ref:709695)   #30
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Know: Jacques' car has compleated ONLY 5 out of 13 races this year without having somekind of mechanical failure ruining his race. Of these 5 he was spun by Wilson on the first lap in Hockenhiem damaging his car and destroying his chances for points (but still finished 9th).

So really he has had 4 legitimate races in which to score points, of which he has finished: 9th Aussie, 6th Brazil, 9th Magney-Cours, and 10th Silverstone. Thus of the four races he has been given the chance to finish he has scored points or very nearly missed a points-paying position.

Know: Meanwhile Button has had a mere two DNF's that were the fault of the car and not driver error. TWO!!! Compared to JV's EIGHT! Plus he did not have to endure a horrible six straight DNF's, as JV did, which would drain anyone's confidence.

Think: When your teammate has more than double the opportunity to finish races it is not exactly fair to compare the two drivers on the same scale. Granted JV hasn't looked great in comparison to Button this year but we still need to take all these factors into account.

Think: People need to drop the salery issue and start using their brains. JV himself has said he is subject to the laws of supply and demand as is any other driver; if his services are in demand he will be paid highly, if not he will be paid less! Damn it's not too hard to figure out people so please shut up!!!

Think: JV does need a strong showing in these final three races (if the car allows him to) in order to show some team bosses that he does still have it. It has been an unlucky season for him to say the least and IMO he will still have a BAR seat next year or if Monty does move I think JV still has a great shot at the Williams seat.

Last edited by TeddyG; 6 Sep 2003 at 00:18.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 01:08 (Ref:709717)   #31
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has no hope in the last three races and I don't believe Frank would want him back even if JV paid for the drive. However things could change if under the Concord agreement if we loose another 2 team then the other teams will have to provide 3 cars this will create a big demand for drivers
Old 6 Sep 2003, 21:08 (Ref:710353)   #32
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Know: astonishingly little
Think: crazy move by Williams unless he was to drive for free. - then I could see a bit of logic in it.

Don't see it happening - but I hope it does.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 21:35 (Ref:710371)   #33
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They could just put him on a straight cash-for-points deal. He'll be motivated to do his best, and if he's rubbish at least Frank doesn't have to pay him.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 21:50 (Ref:710380)   #34
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Know: little

Think: You all moan about his salary, but if he got to drive a Williams, you all would rediscover him. You only seem to see his cheque. It's as if instead of me being "Jordi", I was "457 €/month".
Old 6 Sep 2003, 22:07 (Ref:710403)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Epsilon
They could just put him on a straight cash-for-points deal. He'll be motivated to do his best, and if he's rubbish at least Frank doesn't have to pay him.
Hey, it worked for Piquet at Benetton!
Old 6 Sep 2003, 22:26 (Ref:710419)   #36
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only drivers that will drive for nothing or pay to drive are those that hope it will lead to something better this is not the case with JV he is not on his way up.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 21:05 (Ref:711177)   #37
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV was driving at every test day at Monza last week...most unusual for him.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 23:25 (Ref:711284)   #38
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by high contrast
JV was driving at every test day at Monza last week...most unusual for him.
Yes and on Wednesday he compleated 137 laps of testing (most ever by a BAR driver)...that's over 800kms! Guess he's working pretty hard to change his reputation and hopefully land a seat for 2004.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.