Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:19 (Ref:691888)   #1
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Anyone see the tear-up between Kurt Busch and Spencer at Michigan. I hear there was an exchange of skin in the garage post-race, something to do with Busch running out of gas in pit road. I hear Kurt has a broken nose as a result ouch!. I wonder if Jimmy would fancy a switch to F1 there's a certain Herr Schumacher could do with a lesson in race etiquette Leeeeeet's get ready to ruuuuummmmble
Old 19 Aug 2003, 07:57 (Ref:691929)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both drivers have been put on probation, while Spencer also has been suspended for one race along with getting a fine of $25000.

Jack Roush also brought in the police which are investigating the matter.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 14:10 (Ref:692242)   #3
oily oaf
Racer

Spoilsport
Old 19 Aug 2003, 16:35 (Ref:692387)   #4
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Quote:
Originally posted by oily oaf
I hear Kurt has a broken nose as a result ouch!. Leeeeeet's get ready to ruuuuummmmble
i wonder who's going to sue whom first...
my guess.....neckcar will be writing mr busch a check for for more than he makes racin.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 17:14 (Ref:692415)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spencer is just being a prick. The guy was slow and was blocking everybody that tried to get past. He was driving in his mirrors all day and Busch got a little rough to pass him. Maybe if Spencer worked on his car setup instead of his blocking technique he wouldn't get put in a position to be forced out of the way. Also, to go and punch the guy while he's still strapped into the car is being a punk. Damn, Spencer has 100 pounds on him, you think he could have let Busch get out of the car and maybe defend himslef a little?

Why is this guy still driving? Why do the teams always manage to hire on these neverbeen drivers?
Never forget #99
Old 19 Aug 2003, 23:20 (Ref:692721)   #6
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kirt Busch - "See, I'm not very good at being bad. I was trying to flatten the seven car fender and I got mine. I needed to be further forward on his car."

Pit - "<static> They just showed that on TV. You just missed by about an inch or two <static> ah, not far enough forward."

KB - "Inches only count unless you're playing Horseshoes and Handgrenades. Ah, I don't wanna play either with that clown."

Pit - "I hear ya, man."
This happened during one of the Yellow's when our US friends were watching adverts.

Maybe someone told Mongo?

Last edited by Ian-S; 19 Aug 2003 at 23:22.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 15:57 (Ref:695737)   #7
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We in the US heard that exchange too. After the race. Because it shows that Busch intentionally bumped Spencer, NASCAR gave Busch the probation penalty.

Spencer, having made a dangerous and possibly criminal response, was given a much heavier penalty.

I think NASCAR got it about right.

Otherwise, I agree w/ KC's assesment, although I understand that calls and emails to Speed Channel have been running highly in favor of Spencer. I guess some people don't need much justification for a physical assault on a man unable to defend himself. Spencer comes across as a fat idiot.
Old 25 Aug 2003, 07:22 (Ref:697975)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The following was picked up by Busch's onboard camera after he stopped behind Spencer's hauler in the garage area;

(From That's Racin', one of two newspapers to get access to the tape)

----------------------------------------

Spencer: Get out of that car

Busch: You better, you better, you better. What ya got? You have the run of your life and you think you got something. One day out of the year, that's 365. Do something. Just ****ing do something. You'll ****ing die.

Some inaudible words follow before a sound is heard, apparently coming from Spencer's punch. Seconds later, Busch is seen out the front window of his car walking through the garage.

----------------------------------------
Old 26 Aug 2003, 12:51 (Ref:699368)   #9
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Busch got what he deserved. He has antagonized Spencer for a long time now. He taunted him--- He got what he asked for. THEN- playing up his injuries "I have Tissue Damage!" it made him look like a fool. Nobody appreciates that kind of fakeness- so 160,000 fans BOO'd him & gave him the thumgs down or worse, the 1 finger salute.

That kind of action screams "big baby"- & "I want attention"

His comments about the other driver's "Rallying behind me" too was a fake farce. So was his apology about taking Sterling out.

He has been found guilty in trying to wreck a driver intentionally. He has admitted that he wouldn't have done that to any other driver. He "ran out of gas" in front of spencer's hauler & then taunted him. (miraculously-later his car was fired up )He got punched & then went like a crybaby to NASCAR, exaggerating his injuries.

That kind of behavior is something more expected out of a child. NOT a NASCAR driver. Any fans he did have present at Bristol, hide & left in ambarrassment. After winning- it looked like he wanted to CRY.

Kevin's post race comment says it all. "That's what you get for being a Butthole"
Old 26 Aug 2003, 16:29 (Ref:699667)   #10
oily oaf
Racer

I think I'm with you on this one Roselady. I don't know anything about Kurt Busch as a person as over here we never hear much about Nascar unfortunately, we get the races both Busch series and Winston but usually a week or so late and even then in the wee small hours. As a result I just watched the Michigan "wreck fest" and I'm sure it was Busch that moved up the track and caused the scary "fireball wreck "involving (I think) Casey Kellar. He seems to be making a habit of driving HUA (head up a**) as I understand he did something similar to Stirling on Saturday, who commented afterwards "maybe Spencer didn't hit him hard enough" Perhaps he has a point
But my big wory is DW. Why does he no longer say Boogity Boogity etc at the start? It is totally ruining my viewing pleasure and what is worse its wrecking the credibility of my signature
Old 27 Aug 2003, 05:48 (Ref:700280)   #11
oily oaf
Racer

Sorry did I just say Casey Kellar? I meant Casey Mears. Kellar is asI'm sure u all knew is an American goalkeeper of questionable ability who plys his trade in the English soccer league.
Old 27 Aug 2003, 10:35 (Ref:700467)   #12
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

About your comment
oily oaf

But my big wory is DW. Why does he no longer say Boogity Boogity etc at the start?

DW is with the Fox Network which broadcast-ed the first half of the season.

NBC has the second half.

Thunder1`
Old 29 Aug 2003, 13:54 (Ref:702688)   #13
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why the hell is that? I find it more than a little wierd. It's like ITV having F1 coverage for half the season and BBC for the other half.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 14:15 (Ref:702701)   #14
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Na$car Way

Dollars
Old 8 Sep 2003, 14:12 (Ref:711860)   #15
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by oily oaf
Sorry did I just say Casey Kellar? I meant Casey Mears. Kellar is asI'm sure u all knew is an American goalkeeper of questionable ability who plys his trade in the English soccer league.
There is a Jason Kellar that runs some races in Winston Cup Series though

I'm with Jimmy Spencer on this partcular deal.I have nothing against Kurt Busch & certainly admire His driving ability,but I do think that Kurt needs to start addressing the veteran drivers with more respect,many of these drivers were at the top level of NASCAR when Kurt was still in diapers,I'd think that should require some respect!
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 8 Sep 2003, 14:33 (Ref:711883)   #16
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's everyone's take on Harvick vs. Rudd???
Old 8 Sep 2003, 18:33 (Ref:712189)   #17
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by shiny side up!
Harvick, as the young gun, will go at it from the bell while Rudd will try the rope a dope and break up any holds. Harvick may lose his cool and blow a high spot, allowing Rudd to get him in his patented Full Ricky Nelson for the submission.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 22:19 (Ref:712430)   #18
kimi020
Rookie

kimi020 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"as over here we never hear much about Nascar unfortunately, we get the races both Busch series and Winston but usually a week or so late"

oily oaf, NASCAR is live in the uk evey week on NASN, and motors tv shows some of the Busch races live.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 11:57 (Ref:714013)   #19
24thunder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by shiny side up!

I thought that Ricky Rudd was clearly at fault for the on-track incident,but that doesn't justify the language nor the damage that Kevin Harvick's crewman did to Ricky Rudd's hood,IMO Kevin should have been suspended a week along with a 25 or 50 owner/driver points deducted from His season total,besides the monetary fine & probation!
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 14 Sep 2003, 19:45 (Ref:718779)   #20
Roselady3
Veteran

Sure you want that Thunder--- that's so your boy isn't threatoned by him in the points.

Point is- that Kevin didn't PUNCH anybody. The TINY amount of damage done to the hood is being paid for by Richard Childress.

Punchiing & Words being exchanged are two different things.

NOW....HEH HEH---would you like to explain your boys ability in the pits today?
Old 18 Sep 2003, 23:05 (Ref:723607)   #21
24thunder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
Sure you want that Thunder--- that's so your boy isn't threatoned by him in the points.

Point is- that Kevin didn't PUNCH anybody. The TINY amount of damage done to the hood is being paid for by Richard Childress.

Punchiing & Words being exchanged are two different things.

NOW....HEH HEH---would you like to explain your boys ability in the pits today?

The point is that Kevin was cussing on live television that little kids were listening to & also Kevin was setting a terrible example to such impressionable children.He's was also making an a$$ out of Himself by crying & whining about being punted,something that Kevin does to other drivers without giving it a second thought,but when it happens to Kevin then it's so wrong,what a hypocrite,geeezzzzz

I wont respond to the latter part of Ur post as it's off-topic here,We're talking about Rudd/Harvick,not the 4 time Champion!
I do find that it's funny that U brung up JG as when I usually bring Him up,then it's allof a sudden an off-topic area,so what's the difference when U bring Him in to a topic that's not related to Jeff?:confused:
Old 19 Sep 2003, 13:58 (Ref:724237)   #22
Roselady3
Veteran

I don't HAVE to stay on topic here.

Seems clear to me that you hold a grudge against Kevie for running into the back of your boy when he ran out of gas. But then Jeffie deserved it for trying to block faster cars from passing his crippled car. MUCH different situation. Kevin wasn't out of gas---or he wasn't trying to BLOCK.

Kevin was fined for his cussing. As much as they have fined anybody else when they cussed. So it seems fair.
Old 19 Sep 2003, 23:15 (Ref:724722)   #23
24thunder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
I don't HAVE to stay on topic here.

Seems clear to me that you hold a grudge against Kevie for running into the back of your boy when he ran out of gas. But then Jeffie deserved it for trying to block faster cars from passing his crippled car. MUCH different situation. Kevin wasn't out of gas---or he wasn't trying to BLOCK.

Kevin was fined for his cussing. As much as they have fined anybody else when they cussed. So it seems fair.

Sure,anything that Kevin does is fine with U,it's called being a fan.Same goes for Me with Jeff Gordon,I will usually support Him,unless He's clearly in the wrong,that doesn't happen often,unlike with some drivers!