Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Apr 2001, 22:52 (Ref:78759)   #1
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 wins in the past 4 races, that's more then he got last year during the entire season.
Great to see Jeff Burton finally get a good result. Mark Martin sure could use a break.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 02:29 (Ref:78800)   #2
knott24
Rookie

knott24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dale jarret

Dale jarret bought three wins..Yates had to go buy the best pit crew in the busines.Yes ive got to hand it to todd parret he is a good crew chief.But for dale hes lucky to have yates running around buying the best..As long as dale has been driving one championship come on its about time..Dale needs to try to get as far of an advantage as he can in the points becouse hes gonna slip and wene he does gordon is gonna eat him up.Dale isnt even in the same league as gordon.And he knows it...Put the shoe on the other foot if jarret had to start over it take him the rest of his career to get were gordons got in one year...So beware teams robert yates will buy your whole team if that what it takes to win..So what im trying to say its not dale hes nothing its yates buying everyone out thats why dale is winning..About martin hes totally lost focus he needs to go back to busch and start with the basics..As for burton yes a good run he had to do something rouchses rookies our starting to look like his best investment..Whats wrong tony a little shy...GO GORDON GO!!!!!!! And rcr has got one heck of a driver...GO KEVIN GO!!!!!
Old 9 Apr 2001, 02:35 (Ref:78801)   #3
Raoul Duke
Veteran

I don't think that Jarret got lucky, I just think he had the best stratigy. At the end his tyres were much fresher then Rudd's.

Remember, were takling about the 99 WC champion, 3 time winner of the Daytona 500. I think to dismiss his sucess as simply being "lucky" is a little harsh. Sure he's got a great crew chief behind him. But so do all the other drivers who are winning.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 05:08 (Ref:78818)   #4
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dale is awesome and simply the best Winston Cup driver on the circuit today. The season isn't even two months old yet and DJ has four wins, three in Winston Cup and the season opening IROC race.

Anyone who thinks he is lucky or not in the same league as Gordon is dealing with reality properly. Dale Jarrett has three Daytona 500 wins, two Brickyard 400 wins, two Winston Million wins, a Winston Cup championship and is the only driver to finish in the top four in the season point standings all of the last five years. Leonard Wood, who has employed his share of great drivers over the years including DJ, said on a Stock Car Legends show that he hasn't ever had anyone who wanted to win as badly as Dale Jarrett. Dale Jarrett is a tenacious driver, a real tiger, and a gentleman who has earned his own "luck" and fortune.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 06:20 (Ref:78824)   #5
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Yes I agree, there is no way that DJ is lucky. He is simply one of the best drivers out there. I am a Jeff Gordon fan, but I have a lot of respect for DJ's abilities.

Besides, if your gonna call Jarret lucky, you might as well call Gordon lucky(neither of which are true, btw) because take a look at Gordon's career. He won 3 winston cup championships from 95-98, the in the middle of 99, his crew chief, Ray Everenham(hope I got the name right) left the team and he went through a slump. The 2000 season was an extremly average year for Gordon. He won only 3 races and finished 9th in the WC champioship. It's only this year that he's starting to regain his old form.

Bottom line. These are very talented race car drivers, who win races becaus of their enormous skill(and great work from the pit crew, and crew chief). Luck has nothing to do with it.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 13:29 (Ref:78919)   #6
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knott24,

I will not let this one stand! You better go check your facts. Robert Yates DID NOT BUY the five crew members from Hendricks Motorsports! THEY approached him for a job for the following year! They did not resign from Hendricks Motorsports, their deal, which THEY sought, again Yates did not approach, recruit, or in any other way attempt to lure them away, was for the next (which was last year) year. They were going to finish out the year at Hendricks, but several races before the end of the season, they were let go, by Hendricks, at Gordons insistance. He (Hendricks) FIRED them! Please get your facts straight before posting!
Old 10 Apr 2001, 05:08 (Ref:79131)   #7
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To further add what Lee has stated about the Rainbow Warrior pit crew, the reason why they approached Robert Yates was due to the fact that Hendrick was going to can one of the members (if memory serves me correct I think the rear tire changer) and the others balked. They wanted to remain intact as a team.

Their contract with Robert Yates was originally a one year deal and it was speculated that they would pit DJ for 2000 and then hook up with their old boss, Ray Evernham. Well, I guess they liked where they were at and stayed on.

Personally, I didn't think the "Rainbow Warriors" lived up to their reputation last year. I thought DJ's previous crew did a much better job for him in 1999 because there were only a few races last year where DJ moved way up to their pit work. But it does seem that they are doing a better job this year.