Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Sep 2003, 10:16 (Ref:706648)   #1
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
HEEELLLLLLP with GPL

can someone help me???? im new to GPL and ihave no idea how to add tracks....ive downloaded certain tracks...eg avus or milano.....they jus say to add to my installation directory.....it doesnt work....ive looked at the files and there are no dat files...do i need to create these???how do i do it if i do?

thanks in response

ps....if anyone could give a dumbass idiot proof response i would appreciate it....im a slow learner lol
Old 3 Sep 2003, 10:36 (Ref:706682)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
most tracks have an exe .. installtrack or something and all it asks is to give the GPL.exe path . andthen it does the rest . i think there is a track installer at www.gplpp.com ...

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Sep 2003, 10:49 (Ref:706703)   #3
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.gplpp.com/GPLbodyutilitiesother.htm

http://www.gplpp.com/GPLmenuhowto.htm

maybe it helps

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Sep 2003, 10:52 (Ref:706708)   #4
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
... install a track.

Most of the tracks comes with installation programs and should make the installation simple enough. Tracks without an installation program, usually has a readme file telling you what to do.

Remember there are tracks that will not load if you are using software mode, ie you must have a 3D video board to be able to use them.

1. The first thing to do is of course to copy the track files to a directory with the same name as the DAT file (unless you want to change the name in order to have multiple verison of the same track, see "How To - Track Stuff - Same Track x 2"). Maximum length of the track name is normally 8 characters, but if the track maker hasn't packed the files in a .DAT file, it can be longer.
2. Edit the "67season.ini" file in the GPL\seasons directory:

[Season]
name=All Tracks In Alphabetical Order
year=1967
numEvents=22

[Event22]
name=All World Grand Prix
shortname=All World GP
trackDirectory=earth
month=1
day=2
numberOfLaps=80
startingGrid=4

3. Don't forget to edit the line "numEvents" in the "67season.ini" to reflect the number of tracks you have. GPL sets the limit to 64 and will crash if you try 65 or above (use GPL Track Manager, link in the Utilities Section, to handle more tracks). Also note that the entry "trackdirectory" must be spelled exactly the same as the directory you installed the track files in.

NOTE: Make backups before doing any editing, and don't blame me if something goes wrong completely, but you are most welcome to ask me about the "How To" if there are things you don't find crystal clear :-).

Ciao Marco
Old 4 Sep 2003, 08:08 (Ref:707782)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are you sorted now ascar?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:18 (Ref:708950)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
yeh sort of...i was downloading graphical updates....DUH! downloaded a load of other tracks and they work...apart from RIEMS and PEBBLE BEACH ....for some reason they dont work.....also does anyone know where i can get AUVS...with instillation program???thanks
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:27 (Ref:708958)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i have AVUS but only AVUS 59 .. try
http://www.thebackstretch.racesim.net

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Sep 2003, 13:45 (Ref:709144)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

hmm the link dont work???? also i downloaded the avus 59 track off another site but it has no instillation program...does the one off this site have one? thanks
Old 5 Sep 2003, 14:12 (Ref:709175)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://magnust.d2g.com

These tracks usually have an install .exe with it.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 19:29 (Ref:709449)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The track database actually just links to wherever the tracks are being hosted, it doesn't actually host the tracks themselves.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 16:34 (Ref:712043)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
BTW, for anyone having trouble with GPL (especially those just starting out with it), Bob Simpson has put up a very useful FAQ page over at RSC:-

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...hreadid=105748
Old 21 Jan 2004, 17:25 (Ref:845641)   #12
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know of a utility for mapping keyboard commands to steering wheel buttons, eg the pause button?