Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 Apr 2001, 15:22 (Ref:84032)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Just finished watching the Taledega 500 and Ive got to say that was brilliant..Im really starting to take a big liking in Nascar but just wish i could watch every race.

well done to bobby hamilton on winning and what a great drive by kurt busch..brilliant and johnny benson was up there again as well...how lucky was Hamilton with about 40 laps to go when he was almost turned around....that would have been a huge crash but how he held on to it I will never know.

top race and a safe race..probably the first Nascar race I have seen caution free..there were alot of nerves out there but everyone kept their heads and ran a brilliant race.

bring on the next one.
Old 24 Apr 2001, 02:17 (Ref:84256)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
dead right marcus, just watched the race aswell, well done bobby......nascar has grown on me over the last 12-18 months, i think its great!
Old 24 Apr 2001, 12:50 (Ref:84401)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A caution-free race? I thought NASCAR just loved to throw those yellows for a beer can on the back straight.

Well, that was an amazing accomplishment to race 500 miles at those speeds with all those cars just inches apart. I guess not having some inexperienced ex-CART driver (ie. Robby Gordon or Scott Pruett) in the field sure helped.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 24 Apr 2001 at 12:51.
Old 24 Apr 2001, 13:14 (Ref:84414)   #4
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it was a great race, one of this year's highlights. Congrats to Bobby, finally all his struggle ended, and now the championship battle is really tight, anyone can win it.
Old 24 Apr 2001, 15:14 (Ref:84467)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
just a quick question...was that hamiltons first win or has he won before and how many times ?

oh oh showing the brand new rookie fan flag
Old 24 Apr 2001, 15:50 (Ref:84470)   #6
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that it was Bobby's 4th, his first with Andy Petree Racing (and APR's first win). I think his last win was with Morgan McClure in the #4 Kodak car.

Congratulations to Andy Petree! The first time I heard about Andy, he was Dale Earnhardt's crew chief. He then left Richard Childress Racing to start his own team - and now has his first win as an owner.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 04:53 (Ref:84665)   #7
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bobby won twice when he drove the #43 STP car for Richard Petty and once in the #4 Morgan-McClure Kodak car. I think all three of his wins were came at two tracks: Martinsville(twice?) and Rockingham.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 25 Apr 2001 at 04:54.
Old 25 Apr 2001, 14:00 (Ref:84733)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Thanks for the info guys.