Old 18 Mar 2004, 02:47 (Ref:908828)   #1
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kenny Bräck in Phoenix

Fellows,

Just to let you know that Kenny Bräck will be in Phoenix watching this weekend's race.

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 18 Mar 2004, 06:32 (Ref:908912)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
bet he'd rather be racing

Good to have him back though
Old 18 Mar 2004, 14:34 (Ref:909342)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not convinced he would prefer to be racing. He'll be very wary of the dangers, especially after Renna's crash, and as he's now a father, it may no longer be his priority. He's had a successful career, and has won everythng he's going to do (Formula 1 is out of reach, returning to CART to win the title is unlikely, he doens't seem fast enough to win another IRL title, and won't be in 2005) There's no guarantee that he'll choose to return.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 21:17 (Ref:909781)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll tell you boots, he convinced me!

In interview after interview, and all the articles that I read, he seems to want to get back to racing in the worst way, and in the IRL no less! Actually, I find that amazing, after witnessing that wreck! It left me, and the announcers of that race, speechless. Talk about the human spirit.

He really believes in the IRL, and he thinks they are doing all that they can about safety, and really, he should know.

Glad to see him getting out to Phoenix...

Danica Patrick
Old 18 Mar 2004, 21:34 (Ref:909808)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully seeing some live race action will inspire him further
Old 25 Mar 2004, 01:31 (Ref:918626)   #6
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kenny looked very good for what he's been thru. I noticed the same twinkle in his eye he had the first time I met him and that is a good sign. He is really a proud father and I believe him when he says that he will only return if he is 100 %.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:42 (Ref:920103)   #7
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if the aim is to use getting back in the car as motivation for recovery, then retire once he's done it.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:51 (Ref:920112)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I wonder if the aim is to use getting back in the car as motivation for recovery, then retire once he's done it.
He has said in interviews with some Swedish newspapers that he believes he has a good two, three years left of driving in him.

Granted he can come back to full fitness, that is - he has no plans on getting back behind the wheel until he's 100% ready.