Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 15 Mar 2004, 23:18 (Ref:906487)   #26
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My customers know where to find me, and very pleasing it is too when racers come looking for me :-) Some nice work there Paul, nice to see full use of the wide,wide angle! :-)
Old 15 Mar 2004, 23:29 (Ref:906504)   #27
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
way too grotty to get the best out of it unfortunately
Old 31 Mar 2004, 09:11 (Ref:924954)   #28
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have just received the a new accrediation form from Helen at Mallory. Have to get editors signatures on a form per event now rather than just possess a season long letter of accrediatation. This is apparently because some photographers have been turning up and signing in with no proper accrediation.
She also conifrmed to me that "John Reilly is the only person allowed to sell or try to sell photos taken at Mallory Park, apart from to the media organisation accredited to."
Old 31 Mar 2004, 10:16 (Ref:925010)   #29
Kelvin
Veteran

Paul can u PM me contact details for Helen, as I have a couple of events at Mallory Park soon. cheers!
Old 31 Mar 2004, 10:16 (Ref:925011)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's quite a good idea if you ask me, there's far too many people with sketchy media accreditation whose main aim is to sell pictures on rather than supply the media.
Old 31 Mar 2004, 10:33 (Ref:925031)   #31
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
in principle it's a great idea...in practice for me it's disastrous as my local paper takes forever to respond to me about anything at all
Old 31 Mar 2004, 13:51 (Ref:925251)   #32
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
that's quite a good idea if you ask me, there's far too many people with sketchy media accreditation whose main aim is to sell pictures on rather than supply the media.
Can you explain why this is the only "proper" use of a photographer's pass? I see lots of photographers taking pics of drivers and in conversation it is clear that they are going to sell to the drivers or have even been comissioned to take the pics.

Up until this discussion I thought that this was legit.

Regards

Jim
Old 31 Mar 2004, 17:59 (Ref:925481)   #33
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bella, I'd be interested to know who you may mean when you say "sketchy media accreditation"persons-being someone who knows about this topic first hand I know of nobody with your "sketchyness" that sells pictures to drivers-ALL that I know are working for publications-and that includes me also. This rediculous situation may apparently not be all its cracked up to be anyway. I have heard that the person in question is apparently not doing as well as he thought he would do by having a monopoly on things there-lets see what happens during the rest of the year. I have also heard first hand he is none to polite either if he confronts other people in the same profession working on his "patch".
Old 31 Mar 2004, 18:55 (Ref:925536)   #34
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I'll have to put my "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" t-shirt on for the Easter Monday meeting then
Old 31 Mar 2004, 21:37 (Ref:925692)   #35
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...and after all Paul-it is "the friendly circuit" snigger, snigger! Easter Monday at Mallory...I'd rather be at the Avon Raceway covering Beetle and Mini drag racing!! (at least its going to pay well and I can sell the pictures later on!!)Seriously though-I have also heard (apparently) that he may be sending spies out around all the other circuits to make sure people are not selling "Mallory" pictures at those circuits as well...how low can someone stoop???
Old 2 Apr 2004, 16:20 (Ref:927633)   #36
Kelvin
Veteran

Sending spies out must be costing him money, and realistically there are possibly only just two other photographers that pound the paddock on a regualr basis selling to the racer.
Interestingly I now have the form, sent to me by Mallory Park, to be completed before I gain track access for photography. On it I must agree to supply Mallory Park with a copy of any photographs taken at the circuit, at no cost to them, presumably at a cost to me or the magazine hiring me for the day!! This will make it very uneconnomical for most photographers to work Mallory.
Old 2 Apr 2004, 18:23 (Ref:927734)   #37
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Just found out that its York Raceway and not Avon-jeez, thats miles for me-glad the fuels being paid for! Kelvin-I have never given Mallory any pictures in at least 15 years-the way I see it is they have had a huge load of GOOD publicity from me in my race reports and photos over the years which in my mind is ample.
Old 2 Apr 2004, 18:39 (Ref:927746)   #38
Kelvin
Veteran

I'm worried if I dont comply next time I apply they wont entertain my application!
Old 2 Apr 2004, 18:57 (Ref:927760)   #39
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
From my contact with Helen it seems they'd like images as they struggle to put stuff on the website & in their programs...don't worry guys I'm not commercially reliant (yet) on my images so I'll send her some CD's
Up until this point I never remembered to send anything..just some 2CV images I took at the end of 2002 when I first got hooked...so I don't think you are likely to get balcklisted. I may try and meet up with her on Easter Monday if she's around and just clarify a few issues e.g. personal requests from drivers
Old 2 Apr 2004, 19:02 (Ref:927765)   #40
Kelvin
Veteran

Now with a resident photographer they should not struggle for images!! I did send Helen some images when I emailed her just prove I'd been there, done that (but yet to get the T-Shirt)

Last edited by Kelvin; 2 Apr 2004 at 19:09.
Old 2 Apr 2004, 19:04 (Ref:927768)   #41
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
good point...I never thunked of that