Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2004, 11:45 (Ref:983736)   #26
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
who cares , Toyota will get bored and pull out of F1 in the next 10 to 15 years anyway (that is probably fact)
Old 26 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:983784)   #27
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 27 May 2004, 04:01 (Ref:984664)   #28
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes the back ground IE 10+ years ago is shaky.Reason I had no interest in F1.Sure I watched it now and then but I could name possibly 3 maybe 4 drivers back then.Ive admitted that before as well.
The reason I now take an intrest in all forms of motor sport is the company I work for is heavily involved with all forms of motor sport from grass roots formula ford to F1.
The infor I am giving is coming from my contacts made during the last 4 AGPs.These people live work and breath F1.The same as the people who are with the WRC and the V8 supercars here in Aussie.If I asked I could probably get info on the Britsh touring card DTM and ALMs as well.
The info on the 2 seater Minardi was correct (other than the track )and that was confirmed by others.As for Martin Brundle I didn't indicate he was still driving F1 I said he was still racing then.
As for the Toyota issue.Toyota have the second largest (sats from Victoria Gov)factory outside of Japan based in Melbourne Australia.Based within that plant is TRD Australia.Some of the F1 development work for Toyota is completed by staff at that plant as we aussies are a clever lot (new promotion at Wiliams MS's head mechanic you look up the names and country of origin).
Now I've said that you want to give your credintials?

The Grumpy1
Old 27 May 2004, 04:30 (Ref:984672)   #29
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, for one, am more than happy to hear of any little tidbit of insider information. Rather than be a pessimistic skeptic, I would prefer to take them all in, check a couple of dozen websites, and hope for the best of them to come true. So please, those of you who are connected, don't stop.

I think Zonta has earned a drive. I feel he should get first dibs on a seat, since he has out-driven CDM and OP whenever possible.

If the second seat comes available, I would take Coulthard over Ralf, and JV over Coulthard. But that's just one man's opinion. There's no shortage of drivers available.
Old 27 May 2004, 14:44 (Ref:985178)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
as well.
The info on the 2 seater Minardi was correct (other than the track )and that was confirmed by others.
The Grumpy1
For the millionth time - it wasn't true!
Old 27 May 2004, 20:38 (Ref:985447)   #31
grumpy1
Veteran

What your saying it never happened?

The Grumpy1
Old 27 May 2004, 20:52 (Ref:985453)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm saying Michael did drive a two-seater Minardi, and was very quick in it as you would expect.

That was widely reported and there were even pictures of it on TV.

But your suggestion he had it going quicker than proper Grand Prix cars is ludicrous.
Old 27 May 2004, 23:58 (Ref:985597)   #33
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my God... A bloke in Australia said something and Toyota had to reply:

http://www.f1-live.com/en/headlines/...27205430.shtml"

Of course I'm not the source of the speculation... I just gave away the news I had heard. Let's see what happens though.

Grumpy... send me a private message and I'll tell you where the "speculation" came from.
Old 28 May 2004, 00:10 (Ref:985604)   #34
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the way... the driver swap with a rival team was part of the bit I didn't dare to say here. That was the answer to the where to, Panis and Da Mattta would go to.
Old 28 May 2004, 03:57 (Ref:985698)   #35
grumpy1
Veteran

Funny how people from far away places know more than or have better contacts than some in Europe.

The Grumpy1
Old 28 May 2004, 04:40 (Ref:985732)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DieRitter put what he said in context. You can use (or not) that information however you like.

He has also posted a recent article that is slightly at odds with what he says - showing that thee things are all up for discussion.

Off topic: Granted it is a tricky line to have. We don't allow rumours to be posted as fact, its not healthy! However if put in context then I see no harm. If all a user did was post daft rumours then that would be noticed too.