Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3237563)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This damn Race interrupting my Commercials!
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3237566)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A great win for Sato.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3237568)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
This damn Race interrupting my Commercials!
It sucks huh?
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3237569)   #29
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It sucks huh?
You know it's bad when NASCAR on FOX has less commercials today. Not to mention that most of the ads were repetitive and shown at almost every 5 minutes towards the end.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3237571)   #30
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Great win for Sato, not the most exciting event but loved the running order at the end.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3237572)   #31
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Takuma!!! A greatest Win!!!
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3237573)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
You know it's bad when NASCAR on FOX has less commercials today. Not to mention that most of the ads were repetitive and shown at almost every 5 minutes towards the end.
I was watching it here, 'via' ESPN and the coverage was ok, commercials included.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3237574)   #33
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
So much for the Honda engines being junk eh?
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3237577)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
So much for the Honda engines being junk eh?
Looks like they've sorted themselves out, so far.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3237589)   #35
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Sato winning tonight made my evening. Delighted.

The Foyt team not winning on a roadcourse since Silverstone 78? What does the old fella think about roadcourses now? My one regret is that we couldn't see AJ cough up an answer to that in person.

Kimball and Tagliani side by side and they switched to Franchitti's car sitting in the pits. I know Dario is the leader but I would've like to witness that duel to its inevitable conclusion.

There seemed like 5 commercials in the last 15 minutes. Made Fox seem like the BBC.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3237591)   #36
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I could watch the first 10 laps and the last 30. Could be much worse, I know.

Congratulations, Taku! This is probably his highest achievement. Or would you pick a 3rd in the 2004 United States Grand Prix behind the Ferraris, or the 8th championship finish?

Standings:

1 Castroneves, 101 pts
2. Sato, 93
3. Dixon, 90
4. Andretti, 89
5. Wilson, 81
6. Hunter-Reay, 73
7. Rahal, 66
8. De Silvestro, 64
9. Power, 63
10. Hinchcliffe, 61
Old 21 Apr 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3237598)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Winning on one tough roadcourse like the legendary Long Beach for a great name like 'roadcoursephobe' AJ Foyt for a lacklustre team like AJ Foyt Enterprises I'd say ranks highest.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3237604)   #38
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Serviá got a 30 second penalty for crashing Kanaan, that's why they (and me) aren't showing the final results yet.

I saw the opposite: Serviá attempting an overtake cleanly, and Kanaan turning without checking the mirrors.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3237607)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
By the way, this is the first win for Sato since his amazing F3 campaign in 2001!
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3237651)   #40
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Taku! I'm sure that is a popular victory. What a bad day for the Canadians. Just like last year, the racing is proving very good this year.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3237660)   #41
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Serviá got a 30 second penalty for crashing Kanaan, that's why they (and me) aren't showing the final results yet.

I saw the opposite: Serviá attempting an overtake cleanly, and Kanaan turning without checking the mirrors.
In the replay Kanaan is looking directly in his mirror at Servia before he wrecked him. Lets hope that the honchos start Kannan from the pits next race.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 06:23 (Ref:3237702)   #42
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
In the replay Kanaan is looking directly in his mirror at Servia before he wrecked him. Lets hope that the honchos start Kannan from the pits next race.
x 2. Makes me wonder if he did the same to Hinchcliffe a little too?
Old 22 Apr 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3237705)   #43
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a big fan of this series, but since Sato won I'll watch the race
Grats, and I hope he can build some momentum after this result. He is not the best driver in the world but I always liked him for some reason.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3237746)   #44
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Sato has always been a driver who 'tried too hard' to lots of people. I have followed him since his Honda days in F1. Indycar to me isn't very appealing but this race was great to see him win! Well deserved. Tbh I only watch Indycar to see if he does well I like other drivers but Takuma has stood out to me. I follow him because he is a Japanese driver and I always appreciated their spirit. I was gutted when he was so close in the Indy 500, but todays race is probably his career highlight. Hopefully success continues for him.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3237755)   #45
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Sato has always been a driver who 'tried too hard' to lots of people. I have followed him since his Honda days in F1. Indycar to me isn't very appealing but this race was great to see him win! Well deserved. Tbh I only watch Indycar to see if he does well I like other drivers but Takuma has stood out to me. I follow him because he is a Japanese driver and I always appreciated their spirit. I was gutted when he was so close in the Indy 500, but todays race is probably his career highlight. Hopefully success continues for him.
Interesting, that's the exact same reason I've watched some races since he joined the championship
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3237808)   #46
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Sato & Foyt win - also refreshing that podium. Hopefully Penske, Ganassi & Andretti disappear for a while & the other teams can rack up some wins. Makes for an interesting championship
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3237903)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I hope Sato's win at a race with so much history, is a boost for the series, which is exactly what it needs.

Apparently the attendance was 200,000 but that's going to be partly due to the ALMS round held on Saturday.

Interesting to note how the ALMS round was televised by ABC and the IndyCar round by NBC Sports; there seems to be a lack of co-ordination there. Does anyone have viewing figures for the Toyota GP?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3238184)   #48
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This guy regularly posts TV ratings stats:
http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/...sdogs-222.html

Glad to see Sato get his due. I thought the race was otherwise dreadful and filled with bonehead moves, not calculated risks. And Firestone seems unwilling to intentionally produce an alternate compound that creates enough durability concern to be a big factor.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3238194)   #49
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I hope Sato's win at a race with so much history, is a boost for the series, which is exactly what it needs.

Apparently the attendance was 200,000 but that's going to be partly due to the ALMS round held on Saturday.

Interesting to note how the ALMS round was televised by ABC and the IndyCar round by NBC Sports; there seems to be a lack of co-ordination there. Does anyone have viewing figures for the Toyota GP?
200,000 over the weekend? sounds like CART's estimation of San Jose or Denver.

250,000 people watched last race at Barber according to Pressdog's math, NASCAR was up 5% in metered markets and I'm surprised Indycar's overnights haven't been released. Will be interesting to see what F1 on NBCSN get since this was the first race of the season that started at a reasonable time.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 01:43 (Ref:3238195)   #50
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
This guy regularly posts TV ratings stats:
http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/...sdogs-222.html

Glad to see Sato get his due. I thought the race was otherwise dreadful and filled with bonehead moves, not calculated risks. And Firestone seems unwilling to intentionally produce an alternate compound that creates enough durability concern to be a big factor.
It was a bit like one of those weird 2009 Formula 1 races where the grid was essentially like a bag of trail mix, completely random and odd compared to the status quo with a lot of the top guys and teams making dumb mistakes crashing out or screwing up pit stops. And like 2009 in F1 other than the randomness of the race there was little or no excitement and most of the drama happened with pit windows and stops.

So glad Sato and Foyt won though.