Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Sep 2003, 18:11 (Ref:723297)   #26
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Re: Re: Racing comeback by Alessandro Zanardi

Quote:
Originally posted by kmchow
How is this company helping Zanardi? Are they sponsoring his BMW? Or are they providing the engineering for the mechanical mods?
http://www.fadiel.com/english.html
Fadiel make the hand controls he's using.

Quote:
Originally posted by No. 1
Somehow I will get to Monza on 19 October and smile as I wipe away a tear or two.
I've already been told by a freind that we HAVE to go. Just wish I had the money
Old 18 Sep 2003, 18:41 (Ref:723329)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Easyjet is your friend...

Maybe see you there!
Old 18 Sep 2003, 19:28 (Ref:723389)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Easyjet might be, my bank manager isn't
Old 18 Sep 2003, 19:46 (Ref:723418)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Old 19 Sep 2003, 00:02 (Ref:723645)   #30
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is fantastic - Good luck Alex and I hope you blitz the field!
Old 19 Sep 2003, 02:31 (Ref:723691)   #31
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Do we really care what kind of car he competes in? The only important thing is that he has been able to come back to do one of the things he loves.
No, I don't really "care" about what he races. However, it would be sad to find out if say, Alfa Romeo turned him down while BMW welcomed him. Stuff like that... I've become very fond of BMW b/c they are so involved with touring cars. I can't think of another manufacturer who has been so touring car involved. Vauxhall and Honda are the only other ones that I can say are very touring car friendly??
Old 25 Sep 2003, 19:21 (Ref:730045)   #32
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well Alex has driven the car today at Monza and by the looks of things he did quite while:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/3116518.stm
Old 8 Dec 2003, 19:38 (Ref:806901)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
According to www.racing1.de Zanardi has said at the BMW Gala it's for 99% shure he will race in 2004.

I hope this is true!
Old 9 Dec 2003, 01:58 (Ref:807106)   #34
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He is racing recently with a kart at the 28th edition of the traditional Bologna Motor Show.That's not the first time since his accident that he takes part in a prestigeous kart race because he has been racing in Brazil's famous race the Granja Viana too.

And yes, he already said before the ETCC race in Monza that if he is going to be competetive then he will be a full-time ETCC racer in 2004 and he was competetive ey
Old 10 Dec 2003, 20:17 (Ref:808631)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just seen this on this on BBC News Online he had said that is "99% certain" to drive for BMW in the 2004 European Touring Car Championship, more details here:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/3308517.stm
Old 10 Dec 2003, 20:35 (Ref:808650)   #36
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No,99% it was yesterday... Today it's 100% since Zanardi announced that he DID sign with BMW Ravaglia to take part in all races of the upcoming ETCC season NExt monday will test for the team in Valencia
Old 10 Dec 2003, 23:23 (Ref:808819)   #37
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant news!
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 23:43 (Ref:808830)   #38
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As hero's go, he's right at the top.
Old 11 Dec 2003, 07:07 (Ref:808990)   #39
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet! That would be so cool for him to start his career as a touring car driver. I wonder if he will be as successful as Han Stuck, Joachim Winkelhock, Andy Rouse,etc...
Old 11 Dec 2003, 23:34 (Ref:809694)   #40
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Fantastic news! He must have balls the size of watermelons, but then, I think we always knew that. Zanardi for European Touring Car Champion in 2005?