Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Jun 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2705180)   #26
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick thank you to everyone for today. Despite the addition of an extra race and numerous (I've lost count) red flags, the great teamwork meant we finished just 3 minutes down on the original (extra raceless) timetable.

Well done everyone!

Old 5 Jun 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2705261)   #27
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Enjoyed my day, and thanks to Joyce and Brian for looking after me, and Colin Stubbs for sharing the newbie status with me!

Hope you have less red flags tomorrow
Old 6 Jun 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2705735)   #28
toyotamr2
Rookie

toyotamr2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well after a damp day thanks have to go to everyone who worked so hard this weekend, the low numbers on post didn't stop the usual high standard of marshaling we always have a cadwell.

Think though someone had been playing at reversing gravity, was it 4 or 5 rolls in one weekend.

See you all in two weeks for VSCC.
Richard
Old 6 Jun 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2705741)   #29
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad weekend, thanks to Joyce for giving us something to do this afternoon.
I think an explanation to the driver's about keeping it on the black stuff should have been clearer about the black stuff being the track not the tyre walls
Old 6 Jun 2010, 21:59 (Ref:2705743)   #30
toyotamr2
Rookie

toyotamr2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was really good to have you back and also the new assembly recruit.

You can blame me i talked her into signing on yesterday helped by micky h
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2705745)   #31
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotamr2 View Post
Was really good to have you back and also the new assembly recruit.

You can blame me i talked her into signing on yesterday helped by micky h
You may come to regret talking her into signing on, you may see me back a bit more.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2705751)   #32
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Howarth View Post
You may come to regret talking her into signing on, you may see me back a bit more.
Well, from the vantage point of the rescue unit, the young lady in assembly did a superb job - and shows how our cadet marshals can make a real contribution to the events
Old 6 Jun 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2705754)   #33
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsquirrel View Post
Well, from the vantage point of the rescue unit, the young lady in assembly did a superb job - and shows how our cadet marshals can make a real contribution to the events
Helen's been attending race meetings since she was 6 months old, she's been to Cadwell, Croft, Donington, Mallory, Oulton, Pheonix Park, Silverstone

Last edited by Pete Howarth; 6 Jun 2010 at 22:34.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2705873)   #34
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the weekend, i'm totally knackered but at least i can get some more kip at work today 2 very contrasting days in weather and posts - can't believe we had nothing all day on 1, not even a spin despite the bumper grids. congrats to all the drivers for making it through there every time, was pretty amazing to watch especially the MX5s.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2705901)   #35
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking weekend. Typical Cadwell weather, Do you like your marshals baked, boiled, frozen or drowned?? A BIG thanks to Colin & Richard for coming onto the green bits for the day, glad you enjoyed yourselves. Thanks also to the drivers for keeping us entertained, excellent standards through the Hairpin, very few incidents, just enough to keep the safety car from dozing off completely! Roll on VSCC
Old 7 Jun 2010, 13:20 (Ref:2706064)   #36
David Owen
Racer

Thank you and feedback request

Again can I thank everyone for both Sunday and the whole weekend on behalf of BRSCC, the Clerks, race control staff and myself for all you did. We were particularly challenged by the change in weather on the Sunday and did expect to finish before curfew and we did (but for reasons of an early stop). Just 3 minutes past originally expected finish time on Saturday including an extra 10 lap race was just fantastic.

Everyone did a great job, made me proud to be associated with you all.

We did things differently this weekend and it would be really, really helpful if people could provide feedback, positive or negative, or any suggestions they may have. Please post it here, pm or email me. I am keen we learn what was good and bad about the changes and what we can improve on for the future.

Old 7 Jun 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2706099)   #37
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
As previously said - enjoyed the day "on the bank" rather than in the car - but a quick question....Who did the timing and are the results posted anywhere? - I went to the usual suspects (TSL-Timing) but they don't have the event listed.....

Just interested in comparing times with my own feeble efforts.....
Old 7 Jun 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2706106)   #38
tonyC
Rookie

tonyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Owen View Post
Again can I thank everyone for both Sunday and the whole weekend on behalf of BRSCC, the Clerks, race control staff and myself for all you did. We were particularly challenged by the change in weather on the Sunday and did expect to finish before curfew and we did (but for reasons of an early stop). Just 3 minutes past originally expected finish time on Saturday including an extra 10 lap race was just fantastic.

Everyone did a great job, made me proud to be associated with you all.

We did things differently this weekend and it would be really, really helpful if people could provide feedback, positive or negative, or any suggestions they may have. Please post it here, pm or email me. I am keen we learn what was good and bad about the changes and what we can improve on for the future.

David.
From an “outsiders” point of view, I thought the clearing by radio, where possible worked pretty well – Let things move on fairly quickly – (Something we’ve picked up from the Biking fraternity?)
Was that something new for you?
Old 7 Jun 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2706110)   #39
David Owen
Racer

Richard: SMART timing @ www.smart-timing.co.uk (but results not up yet)

Tony: thanks for that and yes is the answer (track days too)

Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2706147)   #40
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Tony: thanks for that and yes is the answer (track days too)

And US landline comms works the same way
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2706272)   #41
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Richard: SMART timing @ www.smart-timing.co.uk (but results not up yet)
They are now!...tho the site is a bit flaky - keeps crashing.....

Thanks!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2706333)   #42
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the new system worked well, but I think that Post 15 should be on radio to be able to open the spectator crossing safely. As we were directing cars through the cut through, sweeping & replacing floppies, we were not near the phone & needed to know when cars were being released.