Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Feb 2002, 05:20 (Ref:214396)   #26
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Simmer down guys, simmer down. Don't forget I put a Malacca hex on Tom Walkinshaw - just watch that space, that used to be covered with hair. Also, he will have trouble raising Richard - honest.
Old 12 Feb 2002, 09:31 (Ref:214432)   #27
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks VB. You couldn't give him VD too???
Old 12 Feb 2002, 09:52 (Ref:214437)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by av8rirl
Thanks VB. You couldn't give him VD too???
And how do you think that I put the hex on his Richard?
Old 13 Feb 2002, 00:41 (Ref:215049)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrows are now even selling their 2001 parts on the net:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ery=verstappen

selling a 2001 front wing with nr 15 and saying it's from Jos Verstappens car?? :confused:

they are in bigger trouble than everyone thinks(Just as Jordan,BAR and Williams, but Arrows could be the next Prost)
Old 13 Feb 2002, 11:59 (Ref:215145)   #30
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Steve, I don't understand that last sentence:confused:

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 13 Feb 2002 at 12:00.
Old 13 Feb 2002, 15:57 (Ref:215255)   #31
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Steve, I don't understand that last sentence:confused:
the next Prost as in : Broke!(as in Arrows).

there are more teams in finacial problems, Arrows has the biggest problems, but even Williams, Jordan and BAR are having problems so it is rumoured.
Old 13 Feb 2002, 18:00 (Ref:215319)   #32
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Autosport.com
"We wanted a driver who was capable of winning races and in the past had won grands prix, because it will provide us with no hiding place," said Walkinshaw. "It will be up to us to achieve results."

"We wanted Frentzen because we feel we have a good car and we wanted to make the most of it," he added.

I remember Walkinshaw saying some time in the past that he wanted a front-line driver, obviously Verstappen wasn't it.
F1 is a "dog eat dog" world, if TW is willing to do what it takes (including defending any legal action taken against him)to become a stronger team, then I don't see any problem with what he's doing.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 13 Feb 2002, 19:15 (Ref:215362)   #33
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
From Autosport.com
"We wanted a driver who was capable of winning races and in the past had won grands prix, because it will provide us with no hiding place," said Walkinshaw. "It will be up to us to achieve results."

"We wanted Frentzen because we feel we have a good car and we wanted to make the most of it," he added.

I remember Walkinshaw saying some time in the past that he wanted a front-line driver, obviously Verstappen wasn't it.
F1 is a "dog eat dog" world, if TW is willing to do what it takes (including defending any legal action taken against him)to become a stronger team, then I don't see any problem with what he's doing.
so he sacks the driver who got the best race results and the only point for the team in 2001 and keeps the guy with the Red Bull backing, and I would'nt be surprised if there was a large german sponsor on the Arrows this season.

also remember that HHF won 1 GP for Williams in 1997, but his teammate won 7!

Jos never had the chances that HHF had...............
Old 13 Feb 2002, 21:46 (Ref:215474)   #34
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen

Jos never had the chances that HHF had...............

maybe thats because the managers of the top teams thought that jos was not good enough??
Old 13 Feb 2002, 22:12 (Ref:215505)   #35
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

maybe thats because the managers of the top teams thought that jos was not good enough??
No, because he has'nt got the luck other drivers have, in 1996, after TW broke his prommis to Jos and signed Damon Hill Jos had an agreement with Peter Sauber, but Ferrari wanted an Italian driver. In 1999 Jos signed a 3 year contract with Honda(1 year testdriver, 2 years as racedriver), the project was stopped when Harvey Postlewaite died , and now finaly after 2 years of struggling with underpowered Arrows cars and scoring more points than his teammate in both years he is fired by the team just at the moment they have a good engine.

Old 13 Feb 2002, 22:23 (Ref:215515)   #36
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i'm sorry steve, but i think that somebody makes their own luck in this world.........saying that he was unlucky is bo**ox, if he was good enough then he wouldn't be UNLUCKY enough to be cast aside!

can you imagine tgf or jpm beibg unlucky enough to be overlooked because another driver had more money for the team or whatever???
Old 13 Feb 2002, 22:28 (Ref:215516)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen

the next Prost as in : Broke!(as in Arrows).

there are more teams in finacial problems, Arrows has the biggest problems, but even Williams, Jordan and BAR are having problems so it is rumoured.
I didn't know the two Honda teams were in financial trouble, and I find it hard to believe that BMW/Williams have financial problems. I mean, is Frank paying Ralf too much money?
Where did you hear all this?
Common, spill the beans!!
Old 13 Feb 2002, 23:12 (Ref:215554)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
hey ther VB........what the hell is a Malacca Hex??? do you dabble in the occult??
Old 14 Feb 2002, 00:11 (Ref:215577)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Only against those who cross me.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 03:14 (Ref:215620)   #40
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm happy to go out on a limb here. HHF will pull off some surprises. He has alot to prove. The car isn't a dog, has a decent engine and Jaguar is in serious trouble. I will go as far as to predict at least one Podium for HHF in 2002 and several top six qualifying efforts.
I have a sense that Arrows will be the dark-horse in 2002 as Jordan were in 1999.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 04:23 (Ref:215637)   #41
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
EERO, HHF would have to be a CLUTZ not to inherit at least one podium this year. However, I use the word inherit, because there appears to be more strong teams this year than before - Renault appears to be coming good, and the two Jordans will fight out track position with BAR, Jaguar and Arrows. It won't be easy, certainly not like when HHF won those two races at Jordan. So we are talking about wet weather conditions, prangs, massive retirement within the ranks and so on. On teh other hand, I did put a hex on Arrows, so HHF might actually sound like a chook instead.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 09:36 (Ref:215718)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
according to a report from autosport.com TW said that they hired HH-F because he was a proven winner and capable of getting the best out of the car.

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.cfm?id=17950&series=5
Old 14 Feb 2002, 15:57 (Ref:215902)   #43
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
according to a report from autosport.com TW said that they hired HH-F because he was a proven winner and capable of getting the best out of the car.

http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.cfm?id=17950&series=5
if driving second in the A22 (twice) is'nt getting everything out of a car I don't know what is.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 16:56 (Ref:215918)   #44
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
On teh other hand, I did put a hex on Arrows, so HHF might actually sound like a chook instead.
Mon chere, Bouncey, que est-ce que c'est un "chook"?

Actually, I'll go out out further and say that he'll EARN it!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 13:32 (Ref:217116)   #45
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i'm sorry steve, but i think that somebody makes their own luck in this world.........saying that he was unlucky is bo**ox, if he was good enough then he wouldn't be UNLUCKY enough to be cast aside!

sorry Mr v .but i dissagree....i see the point your making here , but Steve is saying that Jos was very unlucky in his career at times in the past , and i have to say that the death of Dr Harvey Postlewaite happened a a terrible time in Jos's career , and in no way can anyone say that you make your own luck in that example......tell me how Jos could have avoided that one ( except for not signing with Honda ) which looked a very attractive deal at the time.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 13:40 (Ref:217118)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
whilst the un-timley death of harvey postlewaite was obviously a blow for jos's career, and very sad for F1 in general, it just goes to show, imo, honda's commitment to eentering F1 as a manufacturer, not just an engine supplier!

but my point is, that if jos was near the top of the tree so to speak then ferrari, williams, mclaren in fact any of the teams involved in this seasons championship would have signed him up!!.hh-f is a better driver and deserves the arrows seat more.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 13:56 (Ref:217127)   #47
SILVERS95
Veteran

No man....your point was also that you said that You make your own luck !.....i agree with that if Jos was a top line driver then he would have been snapped up by another top team....i dont think Jos is a top line driver either , but i dont see how you can say that you make your own luck when someone dies which is 100% out of Jos's control.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:03 (Ref:217133)   #48
Mr V
Veteran

England
obviously the doc's death was out of jos's control, but if he was a better driver, then he wouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

not saying that honda would have been a bad team but it would still have been a midfield team for the few seasons that jos possibly would have been there!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:07 (Ref:217137)   #49
SILVERS95
Veteran

Quote:
obviously the doc's death was out of jos's control,
so then your saying then .....that you cant always make your own luck !
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:22 (Ref:217147)   #50
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERS95

so then your saying then .....that you cant always make your own luck !
what i'm saying is that i've proberbly used the wrong phrase.very sorry about that, but then we all make mistakes, do we not?

however, it doesn't take away that jos is not good enough to be at the top level of F1