Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 2002, 18:53 (Ref:228665)   #51
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Which is a bloody good achievement considering this is a fully payed works drive in only his 2nd year of Touring Cars.
Old 5 Mar 2002, 20:07 (Ref:228745)   #52
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point Touringlegend.
Old 5 Mar 2002, 22:12 (Ref:228838)   #53
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
......:confused:........time for a beer i think.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 16:01 (Ref:230921)   #54
RLewis40
Rookie

RLewis40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets give him a chance

I competed against Tom in last years T-cars championship, and although we havent seen eye to eye I think that the way people are behaving is terrible. Yes Tom has been fortunate enough to not have to struggle for his money, but why automatically does this result in a hostile response. I understand he has done a lot of testing in Spain the last time I spoke to him, I know he is relatively proficent at handling a car as he headed me off a few times, regardless of the eligibility queries over his car. British motorsport needs to shape up and grow up. maybe trying to inspire and help new drivers may be an idea rather than seeing which ones can be used as a bankroll and which one's can be exploited. So maybe instead of critiscing people should say good on him for jumping into something like a TC after the little experience he has had, after all intimidation is only a state of mind.

I ralise that they are a large proportion of very proficient drivers that have posted on this forum that don't regard T-cars as a viable series. After now moving into other formulae,the T-cars lack of power is certainly more obvious, but the car is sound, simple, neutral, and very easy to set up. These are the elements that have allowed me to move further in motorsport.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 16:40 (Ref:230934)   #55
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome aboard, RLewis40. Hope you'll stick around and post some more. Thanks for your input to this thread

What are your plans for this season? Do you have a drive lined up?
Old 5 Apr 2002, 21:11 (Ref:252983)   #56
Lewis
Rookie

Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stop Dissing Tom! Jelous Bunch! He's a much better driver than just about all of you out there. And Why? 3rd Place on his debut, hardly ever more than a second off the quickest lap times in testing and qualifying. And he's only 17!!! The last thing he wants is people slagging him off when he has done nothing wrong. Just trying his best. Give him encouragement or i'll send the heavies round!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 23:28 (Ref:253063)   #57
Axel Foley
Rookie

Axel Foley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'm sorry but I just dont like the fella. I know he finished third - fair play good achievement but he knocked Harvey off en route. And Hughes, Muller, O'Neill, Reid all retired from in front of him meaning all he had to do was keep going.

He has too much money - its an arrogant view but i just hate the guy because of his money. People like Graves, Dan Buxton and others were precluded from driving because even tho they are great drivers, they dont have a rich dad. It sickens me that things are like this - i will never like Chilton. I'm from the North anyway, so to me he's just a rich kid from the south.

I heard an interview with him on Radio 5 and I hated him instantly. He was arrogant and bigheaded and also showed that didnt have a clue about anything.

Its a harsh opinion, but it is still an opinion. Have a go at me if you want, but I think I have backed up my views very well.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 14:27 (Ref:253471)   #58
Michelle16
Rookie

Michelle16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
look everyone i cant belive how pathetic you all are being fine he has money but it doesnt make him spoilt leave the poor sod alone he's trying his best his hardly started give him a chance!
Old 6 Apr 2002, 14:32 (Ref:253478)   #59
Michelle16
Rookie

Michelle16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im from the North and Axel i think you give a very bad impression of us Northies you cant judge a person just because they have money are you jealous or something!
Old 6 Apr 2002, 15:53 (Ref:253568)   #60
Jimeth
Racer

Jimeth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't like him either particularly, BUT, look at his qualifying performance. He knows how to drive, and i nthe races he only did one thing wrong really in punting off Harvey. In a 17 year olds first touring car race, do qualify that well and then only do that little wrong, he must be doing something right. Cut him some slack. As for his money, who here can say that you wouldn't do the same if u were in his position eh? i know i would. And i know a lot of you like me would say that u could give him a run for his money if u had the chance, but most of us won't so we should just leave it.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 18:17 (Ref:253637)   #61
Lewis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Axel Foley
I'm sorry but I just dont like the fella. I know he finished third - fair play good achievement but he knocked Harvey off en route. And Hughes, Muller, O'Neill, Reid all retired from in front of him meaning all he had to do was keep going.

He has too much money - its an arrogant view but i just hate the guy because of his money. People like Graves, Dan Buxton and others were precluded from driving because even tho they are great drivers, they dont have a rich dad. It sickens me that things are like this - i will never like Chilton. I'm from the North anyway, so to me he's just a rich kid from the south.

I heard an interview with him on Radio 5 and I hated him instantly. He was arrogant and bigheaded and also showed that didnt have a clue about anything.

Its a harsh opinion, but it is still an opinion. Have a go at me if you want, but I think I have backed up my views very well.
Fair Enough. Everyone is allowed their own view.
But how can he have too much money? His dads got the money and he's just trying to give him a good start in motorsport. Whats wrong with that? Any Rich dad would do the same for their son who shows some promise. Anyway he'll get most of his money back through sponsorship. I know Graves and Buxton are good drivers but they didn't get drives because they didn't have enough money through sponsors. The teams simply had better offers.
So you heard Tom on Radio 5 Live? And thought he was arrogant and bigheaded and didn't have a clue about anything?
For a start, have you ever met him. Probably not, so how can you call him that when you have never even talked to him? He isn't arrogant nor bigheaded and he knows a quite a lot actually. He's just low on experience at the top level but high on confidence. You don't just walk into the BTCC and think your going to do ok or walk over everyone. You walk in and set yourself a reasonable target which he has done. He has set at least 6th in the championship which is where he is now.
By the way, I don't think you have backed your views up very well at all and when the BTCC visits Knockhill, go and have a chat with him and you'll see that I am right.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 18:57 (Ref:253665)   #62
Axel Foley
Rookie

Axel Foley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill? Thats in Scotland mate, I'm in Lancashire. I'll be going to Oulton so I'll go and have a chat with him then if you want me to. Might end up just laughing at him but thats not my problem. I certainly wont want his autograph! Have you noticed he actually only looks 15. Maybe he should study more at school and college to get a wider range of ideas and understand more things.

His punt on Harvey was awful and what Harvey said about him I totally agree with. The evidence is there. He should come back when he's earnt the right to race alongside the best in the business. IN MY OPINION!
Old 6 Apr 2002, 19:01 (Ref:253669)   #63
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez this place sounds like a courtroom during a cross-examination

Actually, Axel I do agree IMHO that what Harvey said was right.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 16:27 (Ref:254961)   #64
*who*knows*
Rookie

*who*knows* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

well.where do i start? how can u be such insensitive evil ppl? ur just tryin 2 find ne excuse to put tom down just because you are JEALOUS. Ok..just incase u didnt hear me i said YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS YOU ARE JEALOUS. Got it? think you should concentrate on gettin a life together of your own and stop wastin ur time dissin other ppls. hmmmm...could go on 4eva. cant believe u, grrrrrrrrr. think a few apologies are in need.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 17:44 (Ref:254984)   #65
Sherman
Racer

Sherman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he is trying to tell us something.......but i cant quite put my finger on it......
Old 8 Apr 2002, 19:04 (Ref:255036)   #66
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
innit?
Old 8 Apr 2002, 20:08 (Ref:255078)   #67
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Axel Foley
I'm from the North anyway, so to me he's just a rich kid from the south.
Blimey, I'm glad everyone from oop north doesn't use that sort of justification. Looks like the north - south divide is alive and well here on Ten-tenths
I also don't buy the age someone looks as being a reason for critisism. I don't look the age I am and right up to a couple of years ago when I was in my mid-twenties I could have difficulty in getting served in pubs - maybe I need to go back to college as well to rectify that...hmmm, my old boss always did want me to go on to do a Phd.
I'm just amazed at the intensity of debate that the whole Tom Chilton thing is producing. I hope it isn't going to carry on all season, I'm getting more than bored with it already. Lets turn back the clocks a little, I seem to recall that about 12 months ago much of the same sort of debate around here was revolving around a certain Tom Boardman.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 21:43 (Ref:255143)   #68
*who*knows*
Rookie

*who*knows* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UR ALL JEALOUS....well most of you..face it..and get on with things ok? good lads n ladesses.
Old 8 Apr 2002, 21:48 (Ref:255145)   #69
Cosworth_RS
Racer

Cosworth_RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spot on Axel, I totally agree with what u say and what Harvey said.

Chilton makes the series look a farce. Next he'll be entering Bathurst! but I think the Ozzies would laugh him off the track!
Old 8 Apr 2002, 22:08 (Ref:255152)   #70
Lewis
Rookie

*who*knows* really does know (well said) and i totally agree with what he says. As for Cosworth, he is just going to be eating his words at the end of the season. As for the Harvey incident, he braked early!
Old 8 Apr 2002, 22:11 (Ref:255154)   #71
Cosworth_RS
Racer

Cosworth_RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Tom did that to Rikard Rydell he'd get a lamping!
Old 9 Apr 2002, 11:09 (Ref:255485)   #72
John Manning
Rookie

John Manning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can u agree with what Harvey said, i personally think it was sour grapes, he shouldnt have breaked so early.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 11:28 (Ref:255511)   #73
Rumblestrip
Rookie

Rumblestrip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie

I'm just amazed at the intensity of debate that the whole Tom Chilton thing is producing. I hope it isn't going to carry on all season, I'm getting more than bored with it already. Lets turn back the clocks a little, I seem to recall that about 12 months ago much of the same sort of debate around here was revolving around a certain Tom Boardman.
Diferense is that Boardman hit other cars more than once (in one race), drove like a total maniac, almost lost his license in 2001, did lose it in 2000 and from what I saw at Brands hasnt learned anyhting since then.

Chilton made one contact and everyone up in arms. Big deal! I'm bored of it too but not bored enough to let you put Chilton in the same box as Bordman :confused:
Old 9 Apr 2002, 11:33 (Ref:255515)   #74
TheLeader
Rookie

TheLeader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alot of people have alot of ideas. Some people have more understanding of the situation, that is why Tom Chilton has had his licence held by the stewards after the Brands Hatch races. This is the reason he was not testing at Thruxton last Thursday. The car was ready for him but alas, no licence, no test.