Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2004, 12:41 (Ref:1021386)   #51
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have just heard through the BBC that he will be out for 3 months due to 2 fractured vertabrae (Not sure that is how you spell it!!)

So that seems like his season is over.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 12:50 (Ref:1021395)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread discusses it.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...5&pagenumber=4
Old 30 Jun 2004, 12:54 (Ref:1021396)   #53
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Merged.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1021413)   #54
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm sure the phones are ringing and JV's had better be ringing soon (hopefully). What a glorious opportunity for Williams to bring in a real driver alongside JPM. The assessment would be better than any so-called test drive. Of course there is always the chance that Webber could be pried away from Jaguar sooner than later. I would be surprised if Gene were to remain in Ralf's seat for the balance of 2004.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1021434)   #55
Snapple
Rookie

Snapple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

"Come and get me Frank"
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1021437)   #56
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd expect Gene to stay in the car until Ralf returns.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1021587)   #57
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nina
The rules state that Williams can only use 4 drivers during the year so that leaves them with an option of one further driver to try out if they so desired
Almost. They can only make 2 voluntary driver changes - in other words, replacing Ralf with Gené won't count as such, but replacing him with (for example) JV from Hockenheim would be the first voluntary change (come to think of, I assume reinstating Ralf as and when he recovers wouldn't count as a second one?)

I suspect that Marc will do both Magny-Cours and Silverstone, and a decision about a more full-time replacement will be made then. The samll print of Webber's contract may allow him to leave Jaguar immediately if (as expected) they aren't in the top 6 after Silverstone, but would Falvio really allow him to join Williams this year? Giving JV a chance would be interesting, although he's not guaranteed a 2005 drive unless he does an awesome job.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1021590)   #58
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Webber said in a recent interview that that top-six clause in his contract refers to the Hungarian GP, not Silverstone.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1021658)   #59
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf's injuries sound very serious. I hope he gets well soon.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 19:40 (Ref:1021790)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shoe-maker. Well done for spotting the important bit of this thread.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1021793)   #61
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spinal fractures.... sounds awful...
get well in time for Toyota nest year!
what an awfl season

i think Gene will fill in.... Williams arent fighting for a championship and dont require a high profile driver.... i think he will do a more than adequete job
Old 30 Jun 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1021843)   #62
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Ralf ,for the first time i feel sory for the guy and i wish him well...

Gene would the smart choice but is it the best for Williams...Well if they don't finish in the top 4 places they could have 1 more car to run for testing so they got notthing to loose to get J-V a chance to replace Ralf but is J-V ready to race? yes, but he fails :no more J-V in F1.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 21:11 (Ref:1021859)   #63
Kicking-back
Veteran

With Marc Gene driving in the race team, they could ask Jacques to be a test driver for the rest of the season.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1021977)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not a bad idea.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1021985)   #65
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
With Marc Gene driving in the race team, they could ask Jacques to be a test driver for the rest of the season.
Marc Gene will fill the seat until at least Monza(as I stated last week).My advice is JV will not be asked to test for Williams.
Sir Frank has set Gene a goal.Score more points than Ralf has up till now and he takes pole for the second seat next year.
This is Marcs chance to shine and boy would it **** a couple of people off in the paddock if he beat the great one.

The Grumpy1

P.S.Rumour has it that Ralfs injury is greater than stated and we may not see him until next season.That would be a pity.Love him or hate him one doesn't want this to happen to anyone.

Last edited by grumpy1; 30 Jun 2004 at 23:20.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 03:27 (Ref:1022061)   #66
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I think that that is definitely an option being considered. Depending on several factors including Gene's success and JV's comfort level, they could easily interchange before season end. I for one salivate at the possibility of JPM and JV lining up as teammates, even for a short time, it could prove to be historical, if not nasty.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 04:39 (Ref:1022078)   #67
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly I don't care who replaces him lets just hope he is able to heal enough to return to racing. I think the proper thing is to put Gene in the car, I can't see Frank using this as an opportunity to interview drivers during ralfs unfortunate recuperation to me that just seems a little low class. and please lets not turn this into another JV thread
Old 1 Jul 2004, 04:43 (Ref:1022081)   #68
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Get well soon Ralf.

This forum needs you!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1022191)   #69
Kicking-back
Veteran

Heh!

Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1023022)   #70
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf
Get well soon Ralf.

This forum needs you!
It's true. Who would we b about.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1023028)   #71
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's had a miserable season, I fear that's the last time we'll see him in a Williams...
Old 1 Jul 2004, 22:12 (Ref:1023052)   #72
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JV being asked to return is all wishful thinking on behalf of the unrealistic JV brigade.

Gene will be brought into the racing squad and he will do a good job.

Shame for Ralf but it's just the final point in an awful season.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 00:45 (Ref:1023155)   #73
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Webber is going to Williams next year, why not jump ship after Hungary & get a head start on next year.

There's no way Gene will get a seat.

OK, I found a topic discussing that, sorry.

Last edited by Ralf; 2 Jul 2004 at 00:51.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 05:55 (Ref:1023290)   #74
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My little thoughts...

What about Heidfeld? 2 reasons: one he's German and that would please BMW, and 2ndly he has a Jordan contract, and they are only worth their weight in $100 bills...

I doubt that Webber would come over mid season, as much as Jaguar would *like* the money, who would replace him? Wilson?

So my guess is that the drivers will be a leathal cocktail known as Genzonia...

But JV would be a nice thought
Old 4 Jul 2004, 07:30 (Ref:1025482)   #75
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
It's curious many people doesn't perceive Ralf as a fast driver. This season he has done qualif laps very similar to JPM. Although he has been beaten 7 -2 by Monty in 2004, their qualif quickness is similar. Looking at their seasons in Williams one can see they are pretty balanced.

Moreover his pole in Monaco speaks volumes for the guy's speed. Monaco always was considered the home ground for the ultimate test in ability. If some other driver had got that pole some people had got an extasis

His racecraft is not always good, but again he has done well respect JPM. They have been team mates in 2001-2002-2003-2004.

If we discount 2001 because it was JPM's first season, we get the following number of times each of them ended above the other:

2002: JPM-RS 9 - 7
2003: JPM-RS 7 - 8
2004: JPM-RS 4 - 3

RS has 3 wins (always in 2002-2004) and JPM 2 wins.

RS and JPM had 18 podiums each one.

In conclusion, some drivers had "charisma" and get recognitition for each thing they do (even things they don't do ), and others don't have that luck and don't a fair reward for his work.

JPM and RS are two quick drivers who deserve applause, it is a pity that only one get a true general recognition.

My first thought is for Ralf's health, my second thought is he easily could get a very nasty results from it (and a sidenote, why they didn't see the spinal fractures in Indianapolis hospital), my third thought is about who is going to sit in the "second" Williams.