Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1019887)   #1
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf out for france and british GP

On the radio this morning that Ralf is out for the next two.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1019912)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably the most sensible decision.

Marc Gene will do a good job.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1019938)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this really has been the worse season of Ralfs career hasnt it .
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1019947)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So has Gene been confirmed as Ralf's replacement?
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1019972)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1019993)   #6
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3848375.stm

Story from BBC Sport news.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 12:14 (Ref:1020014)   #7
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully he'll return for Hockenheim, and won't suffer any long-term effects. This is prbably the first time I've ever felt really sorry for the guy.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1020159)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the other time i did , was when some pratt put a thread on here saying Ralf had been killed in a car crash in Austria ....that was really sick and had a lot of people feeling very low indeed...not that it has anything to do with the thread , but id thought id mention it .

Last edited by Sato san; 29 Jun 2004 at 14:16.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:18 (Ref:1020162)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
the other time i did , was when some pratt put a thread on here saying Ralf had been killed in a car crash in Austria ....that was really sick and had a lot of people feeling very low indeed...not that it has anything to do with the thread , but id thought id mention it .
That's just sick.

It disgusts me that anyone would do it.

Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1020163)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
yes....the thing was ...it was done really well , and looked like it had actually happened ....there was a link to a news story on the CNN site and everything ..

very distasteful .

Last edited by Sato san; 29 Jun 2004 at 14:23.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1020164)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh yeah, one of those 'do it yourself' news stories...
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1020165)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well fortunately that was in the past.

Obviously, it was only really a confirmation that Ralf would miss Magny Cours and Silverstone. Let's hope he's back soon, but not before he's ready. Also no surprise that Gene will fill in for these two races. If he does well, I expect he'll keep the seat for longer if Ralf isn't ready.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1020169)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

I think Ralf will be in no rush to get back until he's absolutely 100%, and Marc Gene is an ego-free, hard-working replacement.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:08 (Ref:1020196)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Rafe has nothing to rush back for. He's having an awful season, driving for a team that in all honesty, no longer wants him. It seams that his future is set with Toyota and he's had a big accident.

As i said, he has nothing to rush back for (this season) and might aswell take the time to recouperate properly.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1020204)   #15
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course I wish Ralf a speedy recovery, but if I were in charge at Toyota, I would seriously reconsider any decision to hire him after this second big shunt. I didn't feel he was the best choice for the team to move forward before this accident, and feel even less so now.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:22 (Ref:1020207)   #16
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
:confused: I have just read on ITV.com/fi that Ralf has not made a decision yet. So who do we believe????? :confused:
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1020208)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I have wondered if this thought has occured to Toyota?
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1020210)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure he'll be fine by next January (ocne he can start testign for them), so I don't think Toyota need to reconsider signing him.

It might be beneficial for all parties if he sits out the remainder of the seaosn though, epseically if Gene, Pizzonia or Villeneuve are under consideration for a 2005 Williams drive, adn if he doesn't feel well enough to return by Hockenheim.

As for the fake story, I sincerely hope whoever psoted that is no longer on this site.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1020226)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by FerrariFanatic
:confused: I have just read on ITV.com/fi that Ralf has not made a decision yet. So who do we believe????? :confused:

That site is notoriously slow to be updated.

The bbc story comes from a respected news organisation - and is true.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1020295)   #20
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The bbc one was from yesterday, itv one was from four am this morning.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 16:38 (Ref:1020301)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

I can pretty much guarantee the BBC story is true.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1020328)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The story seem to be that Ralf will be sitting out the French and British GPS but Williams are just waiting for a final medical confirmation that Ralf cannot take part.

After an accident as large as he had, it would be wise that Ralf wait until he's 100% ready to return. Rushing back from an accident that big wouldn't be good, safety- and health-wise.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 18:23 (Ref:1020421)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Ralf saga continues. As much as I detest the guy, I think he needs a break somewhere here! On the rare occasions he applies himself he is dreadfully unlucky!

This weekend marks the first anniversary of his last podium. Incredible!
Old 29 Jun 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1020438)   #24
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marc will do a fine job. Let's hope Ralf comes back fine and no long-term effects remain of the crash.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1020455)   #25
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
The bbc story comes from a respected news organisation - and is true.
The beeb one does not say it is fact. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3848375.stm
Quote:
Ralf Schumacher will not race in France on Sunday after suffering a heavy crash at the United States Grand Prix, BBC Sport understands.

Williams refused to confirm Schumacher's absence and said they were waiting for "final medical reports" before deciding who would race in France.
It looks like he isn't racing, but it hasn't been confirmed.