Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1466940)   #76
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That German is a lot better than Sato though.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1467216)   #77
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For some time, people should stop complaining about Ferrari's mistaken decision in changing the colour scheme for Marlboro.

The fact is that Ferrari chose to stick to the colour of their marque on their own accord. Which other team stuck with theirs? If we were to blame Ferrari for making that silly ugly orange Ferrari (i hated it), then does that make Minardi a sponsor-whore?

Ferrari placed emphasis in sticking to their traditional shade. It may have taken an alteration in 1997, but they've since made changes back to something more natural. At least, it still can be identified and little changed from year to year. What about Mclaren-Mercedes in the days of being a Marlboro-pack on wheels? Or the tacky HP-dictated Williams Livery.

I have no problem with complains. But at least apply it consistently across the board.
Lol.. or is it because of this unconscious love for Ferrari that makes people demand more?
Old 22 Nov 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1467253)   #78
insideline
Rookie

England
insideline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think I've really been Ferrari lover, More Tyrrell
Old 22 Nov 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1467267)   #79
Swiss
Racer

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Swiss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure I've ever been in love with Ferrari the race team, the raod cars yes !! In fact I'm not in love with any team or driver, although I do have preferences at times ...

What irks me about Ferrari is the swaggering arrogance they have adopted in the latter years. I respect results and achievements and congratulations to Ferrari for their successes but I do not like their actions at times. Austria 2002 was a clear example but its the stuff off the track that rankles me more. Such as their to good to be true relationship with Bernie and the FIA, the facgt of receiving more money than other teams because of history especially when we see smaller teams struggling so much. The Indiapolis debacle and most recently being the only team ( again ) to break the gentlemans testing agreement by testing as we speak in Bahrain right now ...

At the moment for me the race team lacks some integrity from the management and business side.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1467305)   #80
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Right enough!

Either abide by forum rules or you will find yourself banned from this site. It is one thing to have a laugh and joke, but quite another to accuse people of cheating and lying. The next time you do this you will be banned.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1467338)   #81
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stephen's comment was directed at Sato_Rules last post which has now been pulled.

Now, let's get back to the constructive comments in this thread.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1467358)   #82
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Stephen's comment was directed at Sato_Rules last post which has now been pulled.

Now, let's get back to the constructive comments in this thread.
Too right - and i thought i was bloody minded at times!!

I've tended to folow drivers rather than teams as such, but i was always looking out for the Scarlet cars (as they once were!!) in early 80's after Gilles departure and often wondering why they weren't as good anymore? I was a mere boy and relatively ignoratn about such things as immense driver talent!

Loved it when Mansell joined as it all kicked off with his arrival - bare knuckle scraps, huge spins, grenaded mechanical parts... whoaaa!!

Then i secretly wished Jean Alesi could have a car worthy of his talent...which with possible exception of '91 and then the gorgeous '95 cars, he never did?

Lately, my overall excitement has waned only JPM, and the scrap between Kimi and Fernando have kept the sport alive i reckon.

Ferrari have only interested me with Massa's signing as (rubs hands with glee) he is a driver that the Tifosi should get to quite iike if his last couple if seasons are anything to go by!! A fighter with wild car control!!
Old 22 Nov 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1467370)   #83
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
If Jean Alesi had managed to win just one WDC,for me it would have outweighed anything that MS has done since.That is not to take anything away from MS,it's just that Jean was the archetypal Ferrari/racing driver.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1467476)   #84
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I don't think that Enzo would have allowed that..
"My cars do not smoke."
Old 22 Nov 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1467494)   #85
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since they don't hail from Munich, can't say i ever was in "love" with them. I generally don't like them because of their brazen arrogance.

Now...my boys from bavaria. That's love.

2006 is going to be a good year. Sadly though this is Minardi's last test. The grid won't be the same.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1467497)   #86
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never did and never will fall out of love with Ferrari.

There is more to Ferrari than the people who work there. History and ideology to start with. What other manufacturer builds and sells road cars only to be able to compete in racing?

Schumacher,Todd, Brawn... you may not like their personalities but they brought Ferrari the biggest successes ever in F1. If you don't love Ferrari because of the people who work there, you never did.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 00:56 (Ref:1468932)   #87
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Stopped liking them as soon as they sold out to FIA and Bernie by standing against the rest of the teams on many occasions.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1468946)   #88
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
If Jean Alesi had managed to win just one WDC,for me it would have outweighed anything that MS has done since.That is not to take anything away from MS,it's just that Jean was the archetypal Ferrari/racing driver.
Boy that is so true
Old 24 Nov 2005, 05:04 (Ref:1469009)   #89
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never!

Forza Ferrari. Forza #27!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ferrari will regain a lot of hardcore fans if they managed to run #27 & #28 this season.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1469304)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
Never!

Forza Ferrari. Forza #27!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Ferrari will regain a lot of hardcore fans if they managed to run #27 & #28 this season.

That would be ace, but i would suggest that this can't happen until the end of the Concorde agreement restricting the amount of cars that can be entered... There wouldn'y be no's 27 & 28 unless we had that many cars entered!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1469331)   #91
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
That would be ace, but i would suggest that this can't happen until the end of the Concorde agreement restricting the amount of cars that can be entered... There wouldn'y be no's 27 & 28 unless we had that many cars entered!
And probably one of the reasons why we won't see Valentino Rossi race a Ferrari.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1469335)   #92
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
And probably one of the reasons why we won't see Valentino Rossi race a Ferrari.
Or a Red Bull?!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1469348)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A few years ago there was an attempt to change the numbers to make them more permanent again. I think the suggestion was to freeze them at the end of the year, however some teams objected.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1469353)   #94
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It would be of no use however because the numbers are so difficult to see.

How often did we know that it was only Jean Alesi's Ferrari because of the yellow markers on the front wing.

If the teams could try and make their cars easier to tell apart it would help everyone,especially James Allen.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:00 (Ref:1469387)   #95
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I have always found looking at the helmets to be an infallible way to identify the driver.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1469897)   #96
FREE996
Rookie

United Kingdom
Swindon Wiltshire
FREE996 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When they sacked Prost for saying the car was a Truck!

Loved them & Maclaren for having 2 top drivers and letting them race

Now I only support the Woking boys
Old 25 Nov 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1469903)   #97
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I started watching Formula 1 as an eight years old boy in 1995. I became a fan of Michael Schumacher, but had some nice feelings by Ferrari. From 1996, Ferrari is "my" team. If Schumacher will retire, I will continue to support Ferrari.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1469918)   #98
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot of comments in this thread to me seem to point to the fact that everyone likes to see the underdog win, against the dominant forces. I must admit I'm the same. I was overjoyed when Gerhard Berger won the '94 German GP, mainly because they'd not won a race since 1990 and it was a break from the usual Benetton/Williams dominance of the time.

I was never "in love" with Ferrari or any team, the only team I've ever really followed as a fan is the Lister team in sportscars. I generally like to see variety on the track, mixed in with a little old-style tradition for good measure. So I wasn't too pleased to see Ferrari dominate in 2002 and 2004, particularly so with the clear image that it was Big Schuey's championship they were trying to seal rather than letting their drivers race each other. Yes, it was efficient for them and their intentions worked brilliantly. But it wasn't entertaining. Not for me, anyways.

But still, despite the fact that I generally despise Jean Todt (yes, people may have their reasons for liking him and his dedication to his team, I just don't like the guy), an F1 or sportscar race without a Ferrari wouldn't quite be the same, somehow...
Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1469938)   #99
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a Ferrari-supporter, I must admid that the Scuderia lost some of its magic after they stopped using the V12's. The Ferrari V12's always sounded tremendous and even better than the other V12's.
Old 25 Nov 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1469945)   #100
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, i too was sad to see the switch from V12 to V10. It was part of something that made the Ferrari F1 car different from the others.