Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 20 Dec 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3180515)   #1076
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The South Is series shows what can be achieved by a few dedicated volunteers and competitors who simply love to go motor racing without the meddling of a national body that should be focussed more on governance than running race meetings.

When I saw that this supposed 'championship' was only two rounds in the North Island (even though it's supposed to be the end of the world today, the South Island hasn't slipped beneath the waves) it ocurred to me that the SIERDC guys are doing such a great job that really MSNZ (or their seemingly affiliated promoters) would have nothing of value to add.

And having seen the vitriol laden email that Julian Hardy sent out (posted on here a while back) I'm amazed that MSNZ would have anything to do with the guy.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3180517)   #1077
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To the Head Office.

Did anyone not learn any lessons from a couple of years ago. All classes were losing competitors due to tough times so Geoff Short in his wisdom launces a MSNZ Endurance championship due to the sucess of the south and north island endurance series. Great idea, they say, lets grab some more money from the current pool we already have and wear their cars out even more to the point that they wont have enough money to continue in their championship series. Lets also open it up to open top sportscars? Doh!

Maybe all those competitors that have a great time 3-6 times a year in those casual endurance series will come and play at our high profile events where our mafia will fleece them, change the rules and **** them off.

Then maybe once we announce this and find out we have only 6 cars that we will just cancel the championship.

You guys, MSNZ, its promotions department and these two promoters have just confirmed to us all that you are not fit for the purpose of running motorsport in this country. This is a disgrace of huge poportions to competitors, the sport and shows that you have no experience or infrastructure. If there was ever a vote of no confidence in our leaders, now is the time. I hope the review committe read this crap.

Chris, stick to what you are doing, you and your competitors do a great job but elaborate more please on what was said as I believe the true side of our Sports leaders are surfacing more and more. Add this blunder to purchasing V8 jigs and IP, influencing legal battles against V8ST, 350k hole in its promotions company and now I here the NZV8 company has a 50k hole in it due to some legal bills created by some fools with egos bigger than their wallets.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3180519)   #1078
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing that strikes me about this whole scenario is the lack of control of there own brand that MSNZ puts across. With this being sent out under the guises of the EFLAG it makes me wonder who controls MSNZ.

MSNZ needs to look at there brand and start to control it, anything that is outside of there sphere or not approved by them should never be sent out on their platform.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3180523)   #1079
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
MSNZ needs to look at there brand and start to control it, anything that is outside of there sphere or not approved by them should never be sent out on their platform.
Well stated, 100% correct in every respect.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3180530)   #1080
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
The SI Endurance Series has been running for more than 35 years without any form of recognition from the National Body and perhaps that is why it has been so successful.
Nicely put Carl!

When I read Icarus' post, I actually thought he had made up a p*ss-take press release, so I was chuckling away - then I got to the end of it and it dawned on me that it might actually be for real.

Naturally it involved that idiot from the Manawatu, I am stunned that anybody from MNZ would have anything to do with him. I think there are cows down there with more intelligence to be frank.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3180533)   #1081
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Chris, it was offered to SI Endurance, but they/you chose not to want it as I understand.
Yes as per my last post i guess "technically" it was offered to SIERDC but in an unworkable format for SIERDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Not sure if MSNZ can approve press-releases put out by promoters. MSNZ only approves the regs and tech rules.
I was also confused here due to your above post where you (as a rep of MSNZ) seemed to be distancing yourself from the "promoters", whereas my early morning phone call made it very clear that this is a MSNZ/x-MPL/xx-TMC (or whoever) event...

My post referred to the fact that the guys mentioned as referred to by you as "the promoters" hadn't made contact with SIERDC...
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3180535)   #1082
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
The SI Endurance Series has been running for more than 35 years without any form of recognition from the National Body and perhaps that is why it has been so successful.

I too wondered at the media release and the gifting of a NZ Championship status to a 2 event special based in the North Island for If one was to make this into a proper meaningful NZ championship then these two events (ideally three and include either Puke or HD in the mix) should have been added to the existing successful 3 rounds conducted in the South.

As Chris states it does appear as though it is based on the rules, regulations and format of the SI Endurance Series and once again I cannot help but feel that just like in the days following the civil war in the USA that some "Carpet baggers" have been set loose to once again plunder the South.
wouldn't it be great if everyone just worked together? i doubt this rushed job endurance series is any threat to the very well run SI Endurance Series. the decision to add an Endurance Series at the last minute is an interest one. didn't work last season so what's changed to make it a success this season? personally i don't know why an already established series wasn't added to the program if they had a space to fill.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3180536)   #1083
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speak of the devil
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3180543)   #1084
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
CDM is the devil?
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3180549)   #1085
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmm i thought tkr was the devil? how many people have they burned over the years? lol
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3180554)   #1086
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
wouldn't it be great if everyone just worked together? i doubt this rushed job endurance series is any threat to the very well run SI Endurance Series. the decision to add an Endurance Series at the last minute is an interest one. didn't work last season so what's changed to make it a success this season? personally i don't know why an already established series wasn't added to the program if they had a space to fill.
Just to clarify, it WAS offered to SIERDC.... Basically they wanted our cars, our drivers & our hard work to support their 'Tier1' summer meetings.

Our competitors dont want to race in the height of summer, nor do they want to race on back to back weekends & regardless of that why should we re-organise what is a very successful series to accomodate anyone, be that MSNZ/MPL or others.

As per my since deleted facebook post, i dont see this NZ championship as any threat what-so-ever to the SIERDC series, in fact I believe it will just make us even more determined to prove how good our series is. My bone of contention is the fact that they give NZ CH status to an unproven pair of events....

Merry Christmas.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3180569)   #1087
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
CDM is the devil?
Interesting that you leap to the defence of this series...what is your vested interest?
Old 20 Dec 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3180587)   #1088
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is just unbelievable, and a disgrace to NZ Motorsport.

Desperation is such an ugly, fool-Hardy thing.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3180598)   #1089
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
Interesting that you leap to the defence of this series...what is your vested interest?
which series did i leap to defend? reread my post.. my only positive comment was towards CMD's series. your comment was "Speak of the devil" came after CMD and i posted comments.. so which of us is the devil mr tkr?
Old 20 Dec 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3180600)   #1090
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Just to clarify, it WAS offered to SIERDC.... Basically they wanted our cars, our drivers & our hard work to support their 'Tier1' summer meetings.

Our competitors dont want to race in the height of summer, nor do they want to race on back to back weekends & regardless of that why should we re-organise what is a very successful series to accomodate anyone, be that MSNZ/MPL or others.

As per my since deleted facebook post, i dont see this NZ championship as any threat what-so-ever to the SIERDC series, in fact I believe it will just make us even more determined to prove how good our series is. My bone of contention is the fact that they give NZ CH status to an unproven pair of events....

Merry Christmas.
i wasn't attacking you or your series CDM. sorry if it came across that way
Old 20 Dec 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3180618)   #1091
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is awesome isn't it Promax? Yet another meeting that the TLX cars can run at! Every car that enters will have its essential DNA and there will be a variety of marques to cheer on.

GB - re the post you thought must have been a ****take. I haven't the wit or time to construct such a thing. Proving once again that fact is superior to fiction...

Interesting that the class split stops just of 2l and forces the more common 2l car to run with the up to 3.5l guys
Good for the 1.8l and 1.6l guys I suppose and no damage done if the large capacity cars are all HQ's and Super Sixes
Old 20 Dec 2012, 23:44 (Ref:3180621)   #1092
flyingduck
Veteran

[QUOTE=Icarus_nz;3180277][B]At the end of the Taupo round, should you be successful you will be awarded a MSNZ Championship title for your class and a trophy for your efforts. We will also reward the overall series champions by inviting you to attend the MSNZ annual awards dinner. For our other successful champions you will be acknowledged at the awards dinner, but attendance will be at your discretion and expense, however we will present you and your title plus trophy at Taupo on Sunday March 9th at a special presentation.So what are you waiting for? Each round has the ability to have a grid of 42. You have a better than a 1 in 7 chance of a NZ title. "

I'm sorry I know you have said differently Mr Bennett but the above seems to say each class will win a NZ championship class is this a rerun of the NZ Speed record for the Castrol Cup. Has motorsport NZ or the promoters of the series sent out an email to clarify that only the overall winner will be named a NZ series champion.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3180630)   #1093
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I'm sorry I know you have said differently Mr Bennett but the above seems to say each class will win a NZ championship class is this a rerun of the NZ Speed record for the Castrol Cup. Has motorsport NZ or the promoters of the series sent out an email to clarify that only the overall winner will be named a NZ series champion.
yet Owen and Ray didn't have any issues with the Castrol Cup rules? i'm not sure why anyone thought it was a flying km
Old 21 Dec 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3180634)   #1094
flyingduck
Veteran

Quote:
yet Owen and Ray didn't have any issues with the Castrol Cup rules? i'm not sure why anyone thought it was a flying km
Sorry Owen and Ray may not have had a problem the problem was Eddie Freeman who said he had been told that the flying km would be enough for the cup Promax. The email was floting around from MNZ that showed that, not sure who wrote it but at least Eddie took it well as he is a good man that knew he didn't need to get in a legal battle.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 02:22 (Ref:3180655)   #1095
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought, a 1 in 7 chance of winning.

Isn't that the same odds as instant kiwi scratchies?
Old 21 Dec 2012, 04:55 (Ref:3180675)   #1096
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
which series did i leap to defend? reread my post.. my only positive comment was towards CMD's series. your comment was "Speak of the devil" came after CMD and i posted comments.. so which of us is the devil mr tkr?
You know exactly what I'm talking about ...your a hardy fellow I'm sure you'll cope
Old 21 Dec 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3180690)   #1097
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You know exactly what I'm talking about ...your a hardy fellow I'm sure you'll cope

Nice one Mike
Old 21 Dec 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3180713)   #1098
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
**** stirring again. then again what's new
Old 21 Dec 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3180789)   #1099
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=CDM;3180533]

I was also confused here due to your above post where you (as a rep of MSNZ) seemed to be distancing yourself from theQUOTE]

Chris, I must point out that my posts on here are my opinion. They are not a representation in any form or way of MSNZ.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3180792)   #1100
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=RogerH;3180354]The trouble is Crunch, that it came out as an official MSNZ eFlag so like it or not it carries the MSNZ "seal of approval" and for all intents would be assumed to reflect MSNZ's position.

Valid point