Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 May 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2469637)   #101
hitchcockm00
Racer

England
Exeter
hitchcockm00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah, that's disappointing, I was hoping for a top 3. Well done HughGJohnson, brilliant time.

What tyres did everyone else use? I went for softs without a pit stop.

Can I get a few extra bonus points for being the first to use the joker?
Old 26 May 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2469782)   #102
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcockm00 View Post
ah, that's disappointing, I was hoping for a top 3. Well done HughGJohnson, brilliant time.

What tyres did everyone else use? I went for softs without a pit stop.

Can I get a few extra bonus points for being the first to use the joker?
Thanks.

I've made no secret about my tire choice. As I said before, I feel there's a (ahem) slight performance difference between the tires... I'm curious if anyone actually made the hards work.
Old 26 May 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2469838)   #103
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
ezepze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt try the hards
Softs were gone by the halfway point of the last lap so they did a good job
Old 26 May 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2469908)   #104
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
Thanks.

I've made no secret about my tire choice. As I said before, I feel there's a (ahem) slight performance difference between the tires... I'm curious if anyone actually made the hards work.
Well done Hugh,
What a debut. Did you have any trouble at the final chicane, especially on the last lap?
Didn't even try the hard tyres, and haven't for the next round.
Guess Chatters hasn't made the races quite long enough, so that those on soft tyres would have to make a pit stop, possibly giving the advantage to the hard tyres. Apart from that, great job.
Old 27 May 2009, 00:46 (Ref:2469922)   #105
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats to HughGJohnson well done!! Awesome time.

I went for the softs cause I couldnt make the hards work but I paid for it on the last lap especially THAT chicane which I went through sideways on more then one run (I actually crossed line once in reverse).I feel that I could've had a better time to present but I couldn't keep that faster pace up for the whole race excepting the last lap when the tires went right off. I've got some work to do get back up on the podium again.
Old 27 May 2009, 02:30 (Ref:2469934)   #106
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Congrats to HughGJohnson well done!! Awesome time.

I went for the softs cause I couldnt make the hards work but I paid for it on the last lap especially THAT chicane which I went through sideways on more then one run (I actually crossed line once in reverse).I feel that I could've had a better time to present but I couldn't keep that faster pace up for the whole race excepting the last lap when the tires went right off. I've got some work to do get back up on the podium again.
I did have a lot of trouble with that chicane. I had a white hot time going (two sub 1:16 laps and no major falloff yet) until I tried to take the chicane too fast. I actually had to put it in reverse to cross the line. It wasn't even that bad of a time. I usually take that flat out in 5th, but on the last lap I braked and down shifted to 3rd.

I only tried to save the tires on a couple of spots around the track. However, it seemed to make a difference without hurting my lap times too much. Lap four was usually my fastest lap, then lap 5 was about a second slow. The last lap was just about getting around for the most part. I was able to push until the first tunnel and I had to be very careful on the exit of the second tunnel. The last sector I was just trying to keep the car pointed in the right direction.
Old 27 May 2009, 02:48 (Ref:2469936)   #107
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Well done Hugh,
What a debut. Did you have any trouble at the final chicane, especially on the last lap?
Didn't even try the hard tyres, and haven't for the next round.
Guess Chatters hasn't made the races quite long enough, so that those on soft tyres would have to make a pit stop, possibly giving the advantage to the hard tyres. Apart from that, great job.
See above post for chicane adventures.

Just wanted to say thanks again and echo white flag's tire comments.

Not sure it's sporting to change anything now, but maybe we could change round 3 on baring objections. If not, it can be addressed next season.
Old 27 May 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2470052)   #108
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I used the hard tyres - I couldn't make the softs last long enough! One lap shorter and I could have got away with it, I guess I was just too sideways
Old 28 May 2009, 00:36 (Ref:2470621)   #109
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I predict round two results to be closer, Midfield is less technical then Trial Mountain. With hard tires, I cant make them work like others seem to, in my haste to put down a good time I usually go off on the first corner of the first lap lol forgetting for the moment I dont have the softs on and the grip that comes with it and it goes downhill from there.
Old 28 May 2009, 06:50 (Ref:2470703)   #110
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Yeah, things should get more interesting in the coming rounds. The softs will NOT last 6 laps at Opera Paris. However, all competitors are encouraged to prove me wrong. I suspect those on the softs will also have to pit in Seattle. I haven't tried the other tracks yet, but we should see stategery* play a major part in the next few races.
Old 29 May 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2471495)   #111
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's it for this round. Only had time to do 4 runs and I'm off to Snetterton tonight. Not a bad time, but I don't think it will be good enough.
Old 29 May 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2471502)   #112
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've completed 2 runs so far, lap times are consistent but not quick enough judging by how far I was off the pace in the last round.
Old 31 May 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2472401)   #113
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
Last week I waved the checkered flag, this week it should be the white flag. I don't mean I have one more lap, either. I did my time early in the week and keept trying to better it. I couldn't do it. In fact, I didn't really get all that close. I experimented a little with race lines and tire strategy, but I went back to what I was doing and still couldn't touch my best time. It must be a good time, either that or not.

We'll see. Off to Paris!
Old 31 May 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2472421)   #114
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
Had a couple of runs at midfield, tyres just made it so happy with that.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2473153)   #115
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gran Turismo Racing Series 5 - Round 2 Results!

Hello again, everyone, and welcome to Round 2 of the 10-Tenths Gran Turismo Racing Series! This week, all the competitors headed to Midfield Raceway for 8 laps in their BMW M3s. And, at the top of the timesheets, our second different winner from as many rounds. Please give a round of applause to PK KART, who was a two second victor from HughGJohnson, with ezepze third.

Pos.DriverTeamTime
1.PK KartPK Sports8:48.510
2.HughGJohnsonHGJ Motorsports8:50.282
3.ezepzeClockwork Racing8:53.517
4.hitchcockm00Write-Off Racing8:55.185
5.rich07Richo Racing Squadron8:57.141
6.White flag manBest Man Wins Racing8:57.405
7.BertMk2Opposite Lock Racing9:08.972

A close run race, with less then 10 seconds separating our top 6! Good to see the new M3s are providing some close racing! Let's have a look at the championship table...

Both first and second place getters, PK Kart and HughGJohnson, have used their Jokers to great effect this round, getting maximum points in their respective bid for the title...

JOKER: HughGJohnson, PK Kart
PREVIOUS: hitchcockm00 (Rnd 1)

Pos.DriverTeamPointsGap+/-
1.HughGJohnsonHGJ Motorsports33 -
2.PK KartPK Sports31-2+3
3.hitchcockm00Write-Off Racing18-15-1
4.ezepzeClockwork Racing16-17-
5.White flag manBest Man Wins Racing14-19-2
6.rich07Richo Racing Squadron9-24-
7.BertMk2Opposite Lock Racing5-28+1
8.steve_rTeam steve_r3-30-1

So, an interesting couple of opening rounds! HughGJohnson, with a first and second placing plus the use of a Joker, is sitting pretty on top. Behind him, PK Kart, who got the maxmium available points this round to jump three places and sit only 2 points behind the leader. hitchcockm00 sits in third after using his Joker in Round 1 and a 4th place here. ezepze sits a quiet 4th, still with his Joker in hand. If he finishes first (and uses the Joker) next round and HughGJohnson finishes 3rd or lower, he will assume the championship lead... Things are starting to get interesting. But for now onto Round 3!

ROUND 3: OPERA PARIS, 6 LAPS. TIMES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO ME BY 11:59PM GMT ON SUNDAY, JUNE 7.

Happy racing!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:52 (Ref:2473189)   #116
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I was away on hols for the last round, but should be able to compete here. I must say though, this is probably my least favourite track in the whole game! I have had a few practice runs in time trial mode, but just cannot stay clean for a whole lap... Practice makes perfect I suppose...
Old 1 Jun 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2473191)   #117
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
congats to pk on winning with the joker

another 3rd is a good result for me, happer still that the times are close.
I dont think i'll be using my joker this round, my only run so far saw me spin into the pit entry on the last lap on red tyres losing 10 secs
Old 1 Jun 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2473710)   #118
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Congrats to PK Kart for the win!!

I'm not too disappointed with fifth, I might've been able to challenge hitchcockm00 for fourth if my last lap had've been a bit better but me and red tires just dont really gel. As for Opera Paris, I had a great run last night but I dont think I'll be challenging for the podium though.
Old 2 Jun 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2473868)   #119
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
lap times are consistent but not quick enough judging by how far I was off the pace in the last round.
Accurate judgement there Still - I'm getting closer!
Old 3 Jun 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2474759)   #120
hitchcockm00
Racer

England
Exeter
hitchcockm00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished my first run and the last lap was like driving on ice! 35 seconds slower than the fastest lap...
Don't think I'll be worrying the top 4 this time!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2475164)   #121
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Done with this round. That was tough.
Happy with my time and don't think I could go much faster, believe me I tried!
Old 5 Jun 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2475728)   #122
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
A late congrats to PK Kart. Great time. I've been away from the comp, but don't worry I've got some track time in. This should be a very interesting round. I can't wait to see how it shakes out.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 00:49 (Ref:2476728)   #123
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Im done with this round, I had a great run a couple of days ago but I cant seem to top it even though I know there's some time I can slash off it. Wont be challenging for the podium though.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2476865)   #124
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
Im done too.
Only had the one clean run, its a hard track in a race car much easier in a road car.

Tsukuba in the wet then
Old 9 Jun 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2478200)   #125
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey guys! Unfortunately I won't be able to get the results up for this round until Thursday, but don't lose faith! Happy racing around Tsukuba!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen