Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Jul 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2927999)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Commentary

Hi guys,

I follow someone on Facebook who's in to some of the virtual racing leagues. He posted a link to a foreign one (can't remember the name) where they had a commentator (Italian, admittedly!) who was commentating on the whole race.

I'd love to give someone like this a shot.

Does anyone know where I can get started etc...?

Selby
--
Itd be even better if guys from here had a little league started... Because i'll be sure to be a little sketchy at first, but i'd love to give this a go.

Here's me doing some voiceover work with Pirelli videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lWbtQ1VXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb2pugt1Bt8

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 18 Jul 2011 at 09:39.
Old 18 Jul 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2928113)   #2
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Hi guys,

I follow someone on Facebook who's in to some of the virtual racing leagues. He posted a link to a foreign one (can't remember the name) where they had a commentator (Italian, admittedly!) who was commentating on the whole race.

I'd love to give someone like this a shot.

Does anyone know where I can get started etc...?

Selby
--
Itd be even better if guys from here had a little league started... Because i'll be sure to be a little sketchy at first, but i'd love to give this a go.

Here's me doing some voiceover work with Pirelli videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lWbtQ1VXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb2pugt1Bt8
Not sure if the Harlow accent is quite right for this. Even the Stortford accent is a little short. Nothing wrong with the two towns (born at the Alexandra, moved to Stortford just before primary school and then to Oxford/Lancaster since then) but it's certainly not the Queen's English.

Then again, I'm not suitable either, a mix of all the places I've been isn't nice to listen to.

That said, do a commentary on the next GP (LIVE) if possible, then there may be more consideration.
Old 19 Jul 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2928414)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhhh I was worried about that! You're the first person to mention it

I can try and straighten out my pronounciation no problem, it's just to me it sounds quite put on, but fair enough!

I can sort that no problems And yeah I may record some commentary for the next GP.

Selby
Old 19 Jul 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2928430)   #4
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Ahhhh I was worried about that! You're the first person to mention it

I can try and straighten out my pronounciation no problem, it's just to me it sounds quite put on, but fair enough!

I can sort that no problems And yeah I may record some commentary for the next GP.

Selby
I think it's because I grew up and want to my infants school in that area that i notice it. I'm sure it'll be fine, there are far more incomprehensible accents doing commentary, including David Coulthard.
Old 19 Jul 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2928440)   #5
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
haha That's a fair point As I said, i've showed a fair few people and no one's actually pointed it out, so i'm really hoping it's just a Harlow/Stortford thing

But thank you for the comments. I'll do a bit of commentary on Sunday.

Selby
Old 19 Jul 2011, 08:25 (Ref:2928448)   #6
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dan,

Formula Sim Racing have live broadcasts of their races, so maybe try to get involved there? racedepartment.com/formula-simracing is their forum link.Introduce yourself and see if they need any help.

Also try Grand Prix Online, they are sometimes after commentators too. grandprix-online.com/forum
Old 19 Jul 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2928489)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Thank you!

Selby
Old 19 Jul 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2928617)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have mentioned that you are interested on the TORA forums. Obviously we would need to provide race highlights in a consistent way like we used to, but there are a few guys on the forum who would be happy to make such highlight clips for you to voice over!

We also have a podcast (search iTunes for ''TORAcast'').

TORA website - http://toratemp.weebly.com/
Old 19 Jul 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2928670)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Sounds perfect, mate. Thanks alot!

Highlights will suite me just fine, and it'll give me a chance to accustom to everything quite nicely.

Could you perhaps private message me some details, please?

Selby
Old 26 May 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3079477)   #10
CMGraphix
Rookie

CMGraphix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did try to send a message yesterday, but theres nothing in my sent items, so I apologise if you receive this request twice.

Last summer nickyf1 pointed TORA in your direction as a possible commentator for TORA videos. At the time there wasn't much video recording going on, and sadly the offer wasn't taken up. I began making race videos at the end of last year, and shamefully forgot about the offer.

I just checked out your youtube account, and loved your work, including your Monaco GP preview!

I would love if you would be available to become permanent a TORA TV commentator if you would like to.

I have emailed you too incase you didn't get the message on here, as I'm not sure where you pick messages up.

Do let me know either way if its something we can do, and if you would like to do it, I have a couple of races which need commentary on them, so you can start right away!

Thanks for reading, and hope you get back to me soon.
Old 30 May 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3082024)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done on remembering this Simon. Did you send him a PM?