Petrov 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:01 (Ref:2960661)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Singapore GP

The driver of the race is...
Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2960663)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'm with Coulthard on this....think Paul DiResta drove an excellent race...though Button staged a great finish
Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2960677)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Di Resta - made the best of what he had.

Vettel - just playing with them towards the end i'm afraid as Jense well knows!

Perez - bit unlucky to lose monentum with Schu but ont he other hand really lucky he wasn't hurt!!
Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2960683)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The majority will say Di Resta and i can understand that, but we're voting for someone who did something slightly unexpected, although to be fair he had to qualify in the top 10 and 2 of those who qualified ahead of him had major problems.

The real driver of the race was the winner, the guy who is currently head and shoulders ahead of everyone else. No one else can get close to him.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 14:53 (Ref:2960687)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
The real driver of the race was the winner, the guy who is currently head and shoulders ahead of everyone else. No one else can get close to him.
This was my reasoning for Vettel as driver of the day. He is peerless at the moment.

And he's British.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2960700)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I woke up 40 mins late for this race, but from what I did see Sebastian just ran off into the distance..

No one else can touch this lad right now, so Sebastian Vettel it is!

Paul Di Resta is a super talent, well done Paul..
Old 25 Sep 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2960705)   #7
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Di Resta, simply he used his car and himself above the 10/tenths. Jenson [again] kept the rest honest, Vettel did wjhat he had to with the best bit of kit on the circuit.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2960713)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paul for me, but nearly gave it to Hammy Hamster.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2960730)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button gave entertainment with a solid race. He deserves my vote.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2960738)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton for me. Although he caused a lot of his own problems, he worked very hard for little reward.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2960745)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has to be Vettel. He just does everything he needs to do. Takes pole, pulls out a lead and then controls the race. He makes it look so easy. I think Jenson knew that he didn't have the speed to catch Vettel today.

Second DOTOR for Di Resta. A very solid drive on a different strategy. Good result for him. Plus he knew when to get out of the way of faster cars, so as to have a better race pace.

Third DOTOR for Mr. Button. A superb race for him. A good solid 2nd place. That Number 2 slot in the WDC is looking every closer. It would make his situation at McLaren very good.

Epic fail of the race - Hamilton - again. Okay, compared to some of the incidents(Canada and Monaco), it was wasn't as bad. He should have backed out of the corner earlier and let Massa through, he was never going to make it. Live to fight another day. I know some people would say it was a 'racing incident', but Lewis needs to calm down a bit.

Nine wins for 'Finger Man'! It equals the old 'nine wins in a season record' held by the Brummie Moaner and Schumi. Can he take the 'thirteen wins in a season' record, currently held by his fellow German? Tough, that one. I think he *might* be able to beat Mansell's record of pole positions in a season(14 - Vettel is on 11 at the moment), maybe match it?

The next track is Suzuka and the Red Bull will be mighty there. Not only that, but Vettel is very strong there. Looks likely he'll have the championship by then.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2960755)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Gave it to Di Resta. Button, Vettel did what was expected of them.

Webber made the most of a poor start.

Not sure what the hell is happening with Hamilton! Seems to have a bit of a problem with spacial awareness.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2960788)   #13
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel for another error free weekend.

Di Resta did a fine job, Hamilton provided much needed entertainment.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2960821)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Di Resta for me, got the best out of the car and himself and thoroughly deserves 6th place. Button had a good solid race, could never realistically match Vettel for pace. Vettel did what he had to do in what is undoubtedly the best car, all the same a good race with no mistakes from him.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2960842)   #15
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Di Resta for me too. Superb drive and thoroughly deserved sixth place.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2960844)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't know whether to go for Vettel or Di Resta. Went for Vettel in the end because he is Austrian and also to protest against the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in Motorsport. Ever. EJ's shirts.
Old 25 Sep 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2960846)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Button for a good sensible drive to keep Vettel honest to the end and was hoping that the same thing would happen just like Canada.
However by now he knows how to lead a race and makes very few mistakes.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Sep 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2960863)   #18
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
The majority will say Di Resta and i can understand that, but we're voting for someone who did something slightly unexpected, although to be fair he had to qualify in the top 10 and 2 of those who qualified ahead of him had major problems.

Precise summary
Old 26 Sep 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2960923)   #19
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toss up between Vettel and Di Resta. While Di Resta drove well to get 6th, the car was probably the best of the rest. Mercedes were just too aggressive on the tyres. He didn't beat Sutil by much. Vettel on the other hand was half a minute ahead of Webber, and it would have been double that if there was no safety car, so it has to go to him.

There's a lot of Button fans on here huh... 2nd best driver of the race (behind Di Resta)? He was about a second a lap slower than Vettel and would have been half a minute behind if not for the safety car. He was 70 secs ahead of Hamilton though.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2960995)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's partly because people like you constantly underrate JB, I suspect, Razzzor!

Superb Seb, Brilliant Button, DOTR Di Resta, rest rubbish; alliteration anyway!
Old 26 Sep 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2960997)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
It's partly because people like you constantly underrate JB, I suspect, Razzzor!

Superb Seb, Brilliant Button, DOTR Di Resta, rest rubbish; alliteration anyway!
Wonderful Webber? Amazing Alonso? Heroic Hamilton?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Sep 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2961010)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Button or diResta. Button just showed his teammate how it was done. So I give him the nod.

Vettel was imperious but other than a bit of sweat at the end he didn't have to fight.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2961038)   #23
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Di Resta impressive drive he is very capable in an F1 car.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 11:51 (Ref:2961093)   #24
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Don't normally vote for the winner, but have to go with Vettel I think. Even though his car is much better than the rest, he is driving it very well. Easier to win from the front, but still a good drive.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2961170)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DIR did a great job but the fact that he set no time in Q3 which gave him better strategy options in the race somewhat diminished what he accomplished in the race...for me that is

particularly in light of Perez's race in which he started on the super softs, got hit by Schumi and had a puncture which changed his pit stop window and basically had to finish half the race on his second set of softs and still finished with a point. and did i mention he did it in a Sauber!

a shame he lost the place to Massa at the end but the softs are not meant to last that long.

looking back i dont see what DIR did that out shined Perez accomplishment so in order to keep it real Perez gets my vote!