Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Other 8 5.84%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2299478)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race - Grand Prix of Singapore

Another street circuit...
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2299480)   #2
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, Congrats to Nico too.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2299481)   #3
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rosberg, very quick and no SC freebies either.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2299484)   #4
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist
Rosberg, very quick and no SC freebies either.
But a slow steward's decision freebie imho. Alonso for me.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2299486)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with Martin. Nico Rosberg.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2299491)   #6
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg for me, but nice drive by Luckylonso, too.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2299500)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nico or Fernando? Close. Nico got the better chants so it goes to him.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:20 (Ref:2299501)   #8
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso, for me. He wasn't that lucky. He had the pace all weekend, all of the top 3 had their fair share of luck today.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2299512)   #9
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Close between Nico and Fernando, but my vote goes to Rosberg, if only for overcoming a stop-go penalty; without it he would have won, in a Williams!
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:38 (Ref:2299518)   #10
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piquet for me, great timing and followed his orders to the letter, only problem was he was having radio problems. He heard "stick it in the wall" when what they really said was "give it your all". Well done Nelson, you really did throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

But really DOTR Rosberg hands down

Last edited by NAC; 28 Sep 2008 at 14:41.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2299536)   #11
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso for me.. Sure he was lucky with the SC... But still brilliant drive.

Rosberg briliant drive also. Sure he was disadvantaged by the pitlane being closed.. But they sort of just handed back the time he lost and more by delaying the penalty while he was out in front and Fisi was holding up the rest.

Still a great drive to get 2nd though.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2299542)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 35
Close between Nico and Fernando, but my vote goes to Rosberg, if only for overcoming a stop-go penalty; without it he would have won, in a Williams!
But had he not come in when the pitlane was closed he may not have had the track position that he did

My vote goes to Timo.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2299546)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Glock for me.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2299548)   #14
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me - He was very lucky today, but unlucky yeasterday - vary fast during whole weekend. Well deserved win.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2299581)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Pace, strategy and the willingness to try something a bit more daring in regards to the strategy: Fernando for me.

Great showing by Nico and Timo though.

Congrats to Kimi for bining it once again...and whoever controls the traffic lights that tells the drivers when to leave the pits at Ferrari needs to be sacked...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2299621)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rosberg or Alonso - argh! Both drove well, but I'll go for FA - yes strategy came into it but he did well after such a dismal quali yesterday to keep it all together and win. But Rosberg had a really really good race too, not much in it at all.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2299629)   #17
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be little Nelson. If he hadnt of crashed we would all still be asleep right now. That track layout is sooooo boring.

Last edited by Lola; 28 Sep 2008 at 16:56.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2299636)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cynicism rules.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2299646)   #19
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico from me. He's a great driver and drove a most excellent race today. Alonso as well.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2299657)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso, more for his pace over the entire weekend than just during the race. Yes, a bit lucky thanks to the safety car, but that more than made up for his problems in qualifying. But the Renault strategy was ballsy and the car was clearly very, very quick.

But if not for Rosberg's 10 second penalty, perhaps he may have had his first victory...
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2299658)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC

Congrats to Kimi for bining it once again...and whoever controls the traffic lights that tells the drivers when to leave the pits at Ferrari needs to be sacked...
Italians and traffic lights never really get on very well together.

Nor do Fins and Ferrari's just of late.

Nico or Alonso?
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2299680)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Those lights are controlled by fuel hose sensors, which can be overridden I believe.. I chose Alonso superb drive..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 28 Sep 2008 at 17:40.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2299682)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
also Alonso for me. he was strong all weekend and bounced back after a disappointing quali session. last couple of races he has scored alot of points.

a very mature drive from Hamilton as well.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2299700)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I really, really want to give it to Fernando but based on what he did with what he had it can only be Nico.

Top nod for Glock again though, he really is starting to look like a very handy pedaller indeed!!

And Kimi, what a pillock.......
Old 28 Sep 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2299719)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's face it, it couldn't be any better than this. I wonder what all the conspiracy theorists will do now. It will be a very boring off-season.