Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 18 Jan 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1203762)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Hungaroring edited

So at the moment other than off-topic posts, existing (world class, der I say it ) tracks, seems to be popular.

I've found it difficult edititing tracks I like, Silverstone, Zolder, Phaska and co.
So why not the Hungaroring?

Well I've done my edit.
Involving the old layout, and included modfied parts for bikes , for example, you can see part of the character of Mid-ohio.

Anyway here it is *drums roll*

linko
Old 18 Jan 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1203900)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a better link (apoliges)
Old 29 Jan 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1212775)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whoops, seems this one got missed by us somehow

I actually really like that edit. I'm not sure if its possible to do, but it certainly makes for a more interesting track.
Nicely done.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1212805)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Thanks pirenzo! It would be nice to see others versions.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1215724)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's an awesome map here (the image is so large {4599 x 3775 pixels} you'll have to scroll to see the track itself. Its somewhere down and to the right)

Last edited by pirenzo; 2 Feb 2005 at 17:59.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 07:11 (Ref:1219174)   #6
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres my edit, just had a look at luke's and it strangely similar in parts considering I didn't look at his beforehand.

the last loop before the main straight at the bottom has been squared off on one corner

i've pushed the right hand kink closer to the corner, to allow for a longer run to the next corner

a short straight extends from the old chicane into the infield, whcih then sweeps back up to meet the old track at the old corner 4

EDIT: oops, forgot it went clockwise, changed description....

Last edited by HRT433; 7 Feb 2005 at 07:17.
Old 7 Feb 2005, 14:52 (Ref:1219451)   #7
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too crazy about that. It's better than the original though .
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1321243)   #8
Jam35
Rookie

Wales
Caerdydd
Jam35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies for dredging up old threads, but some of them are fun!

The Hungaroring is one of those tracks I always criticise, so I thought I'd go for the challenge and try to turn it into something a bit more fun. So here goes...
Attached Thumbnails
Hungaroring2.PNG  
Old 6 Jun 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1321291)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Nice Jam.

I always think that whoever designed that track will be kicking himself forever for arranging the paddock and the corners around it the way he did. Effectively because of run-off and paddock space requirements you'll always realistically open and close the lap with two hairpins, which means 4 in a row effectively...

I believe the track was designed to a specific brief though, that it should be in a hilly area for good viewing, should be around 3.5 miles, with at least 17 corners, and a lap time of 90 seconds. I think the original had 17, but then got reduced to 15 after that little stream got diverted.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1321364)   #10
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It seems that if that was the original intended length, they fell rather short, since the course was only 2.466-miles. Now it is up to about 2.7-miles, but that would still be 0.8-mile short compare to what is in your post Pirenzo.

Hmm, if we really wanted to dredge something up, we could talk about Fuji, but that discussion got just a bit ugly last time around as I remember.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1321417)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
LOL, maybe it was 2.5 miles. I read it in a magazine, and my memory's a bit hazy on it.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1321673)   #12
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, it sure is fun to work on the Hungaroring again. I'd say this is one of the tracks we work on the most, together with Imola, perhaps. I reckon that's because it's situated quite nicely and, even though we don't exactly like the track, it has become sort of a special place.

What I tried to do in my edit is twofold: (1) add overtaking possibilities to the single spot there is at the moment (at the end of the main straight) and (2) hold on to the start-stop character of the circuit. I partially succeeded in doing so, but I'm not as happy with the result as I could be. If you guys have any suggestions, please let them know. I'll think about this edit a bit more, too.

Old 7 Jun 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1322731)   #13
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lustig thats nice mate ! i like that 1 good work !
Old 28 Dec 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1800775)   #14
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Lustig.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1802836)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
erm, did you really have to Bump a thread this old just to say something is nice?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 15:20 (Ref:1802871)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
erm, did you really have to Bump a thread this old just to say something is nice?
Did you have to respond with something as inane as that?

For your information posters are entitled to post what they like in any thread they like providing they meet the forum rules. Clearly you have a problem with this.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1803375)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Peter, Nicky does have a point there....It can get a bit ludicrous at times when people bounce up old topics from years a go to say nothing more then 3words...Not saying in this case.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1803434)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[Mod]Luke, as I said people are entitled to post as long as it is within the rules. There was nothing wrong with F1Fan's post. Have you not heard of E-chaeology?[/Mod]