Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was your driver of the race for Japan?
Lewis Hamilton 50 29.76%
Heikki Kovalainen 30 17.86%
Kimi Raikkonen 25 14.88%
David Coulthard 1 0.60%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Felipe Massa 5 2.98%
Robert Kubica 2 1.19%
Mark Webber 46 27.38%
Other 9 5.36%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Sep 2007, 10:58 (Ref:2026655)   #1
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Driver of the Race - Japan

Lots of candidates to choose from today, so go mad...

For me, it has to be one of the top three:

Hamilton - nothing really to be said, superb drive and a fully deserved win

Kovalainen - first podium of the season for Renault, a great drive in difficult conditions

Raikkonen - fought his way up from the back to finish on the podium

I'm going for Hamilton because he really came of age today - I think the phrase used was "I think we can tick off driving in the wet".

EDIT: I've added Webber to the poll because I see there are some...er...strong feelings about his incident with Vettel.

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 30 Sep 2007 at 11:02.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2026659)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Whilst i'm sure the majority vote will go to Hamilton, and he did, indeed, drive an excellent race. I'm going for Heikki, 11th to 2nd ain't bad
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:02 (Ref:2026660)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Hamilton - He's been on the back foot in recent races, yet he handled the pressure and the treacherous conditions with aplomb.

Any doubts about whether he is the real deal should surely have evaporated after today.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:08 (Ref:2026669)   #4
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heikki for me...I think I mentioned why on the GP thread...he had more going against him, and he rose above it all...rookie alike, but a rookie from the midfield in worse conditions, and the only one to be able to hold off Kimi in a Ferrari when he couldn't see anything...flawless...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:18 (Ref:2026676)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton for me - simply sublime.

Heikki was brilliant, Raikkonen battled like mad..Kubica vs. Massa was just awe inspiring stuff. Webber drove really well to get the Red Bull up to 2nd. As did Vettel to drag that Toro Rosso up to 3rd
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:31 (Ref:2026690)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark "Potsie" Webber picks up the DotR... for mine he flogged a fairly ordinary weapon into a position that flattered it... with great speed, and good strategy... to be in a genuine position to win the race....

... if not for that other Red Bull bloke...

I know it keeps happening to Potsie.... but some day the planets will align, he will step into a car that can actually pull the skin off a rice custard on genuine pace, not strategy, not luck, not any other factor than his own talent... and will be standing at the top of the podium!

(fingers crossed)

Top notch drive today....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2026692)   #7
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Vettel , without the incident with Webber , He was doing a very impressive job with the Troncomovil Rosso
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:33 (Ref:2026697)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
It amazes me that someone who didn't even finish the race, even though it wasn't his fault has more votes than the race winner, or indeed, anyone else who did finish the race.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:35 (Ref:2026699)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
It amazes me that someone who didn't even finish the race, even though it wasn't his fault has more votes than the race winner, or indeed, anyone else who did finish the race.
Because the race winner was in the best car on the grid, and as per expectation, he won. Arguably almost impossible to be DotD with those factors....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2026700)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without a doubt Webber. His first GP win was only a handful of laps away...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:37 (Ref:2026702)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
I did also say and anyother driver who did finish the race. Mark's own team mate finished in a very good position (4th) and doesn't even get a vote.

Come on all you Scot's get voting
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:38 (Ref:2026703)   #12
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well in all fairness, Webber was sick in his helmet only a few laps in...to be in that state, and go like an hour and a half, to be almost within reaching distance of 1st (whether he would have got it or not is a different matter altogether), and least running great for 3rd....I think he deserves a shout for DotD personally...poor guy.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:38 (Ref:2026704)   #13
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel has lost 10 qualifying positions in the Chinese GP for his driving behavoiur, Hamilton should be stripped of his points for his dangerous driving during both the restarts, this makes Kovalainen the driver of the day, with Webber getting a sympathy vote for being an innocence victim.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2026705)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I did also say and anyother driver who did finish the race. Mark's own team mate finished in a very good position (4th) and doesn't even get a vote.

Come on all you Scot's get voting
Of course... but Mr Coulthard was nowhere until the rest of the action shook out... great result at the end... but wasnt really in the hunt....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2026706)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
If you have 22 fingers then you may be spot on
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:11 (Ref:2026733)   #16
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of the finishers, either of the Finn's. Kovalainen got a deserved podium for Renault, Kimi made a great recovery in a race where Ferrari fell apart.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2026745)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I don't think so.

Hamilton was just settling and after that safety car, with a clear vision, he absolutely destroyed the field again.

A quality drive. A champion's drive and he gets my vote.

Webber was excellent though I must say, Heikki did a great job, Kimi was fun, DC was there when it mattered. Liuzzi got a point!

Lot's of good drives. But Hamilton it is. Just stunning.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2026748)   #18
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton get my vote this week and Bernd Maylander coming in second. Bernd drove a fantastic race and never once put a foot wrong. Well done
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:28 (Ref:2026752)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
My personal feelings aside, I thought Kimi was the best driver today, great performance, better than Lewis, in my opinion.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2026761)   #20
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Bob
Vettel has lost 10 qualifying positions in the Chinese GP for his driving behavoiur, Hamilton should be stripped of his points for his dangerous driving during both the restarts
Are you having a laugh!? Well in that case all the drivers who drove in to each other (Hamilton was a victim of Kubicas actions too) should suffer the same fate.

Kovalianen is the DOTR for me, just for the way he held off a charging Raikkonen.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:42 (Ref:2026772)   #21
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heikki for me stunning drive in not one of the best cars and fending of kimi , great.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:05 (Ref:2026810)   #22
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My first vote to Hamilton this year but there's just so, too many to mention. What a race.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:06 (Ref:2026811)   #23
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it would have been Vettel if he hadn't stuffed it all up. Webber is next best, so inherits DOTR with a tremendous drive - was a show for the win.

Hamilton was great but he had the pick of the conditions - mostly clear vision, barely had to battle anyone. The guys behind had it much tougher - I can't imagine what it must have been like barrelling down into turn one on the first green lap in the midfield...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:08 (Ref:2026815)   #24
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Heikki. He did more with quite a bit less than the others, plus he held off Kimi and as noted, was the only one to be able to do so. That pass/re-pass he did at the end was top stuff. A great effort for his first podium.

Kimi gets the nod for honourable mention.

While Lewis drove a very heady race he did not have to pass for position to get or maintain his position, which is why I went with Heikki.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:13 (Ref:2026823)   #25
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it has to be kimi - hamilton and kovalainen were flawless today but on a day where ferrari dropped the ball, kimi showed the size of his. a great show of immense bravery and skill.

credit aswell to kubica and massa for a brilliant, and clean, last lap