Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Feb 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2127905)   #1
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pit Lane Shuffle - No Ferrari Exclusive on Favoritism

I guess they need the larger facilities to fit some larger egos:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...13085156.shtml
Old 13 Feb 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2127941)   #2
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I see it, the rule should be one car=one garage. Third cars (which for some reason are banned this year for cost cutting) should be left in the tranporters until they are needed imo. This would allow far more cars to enter.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 13 Feb 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2127952)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I had a feeling before I read the article that Bernie Ecclestone would have a hand in this...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Feb 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2127991)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
Third cars (which for some reason are banned this year for cost cutting) should be left in the tranporters until they are needed imo.
What if a driver needed to switch to the third car an hour before the race?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2128089)   #5
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Don't know, I don't think the FIA have really thought that one through.

Like a lot things they've done recently I suppose.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2128149)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is outrageous! I shall never watch F1 again!
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:27 (Ref:2128164)   #7
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
If they can't get a car out of a transporter and onto the grid in an hour, that's pretty sad.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2128168)   #8
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe this is common sence prevailing in F1 (surely not!!)

Perhaps running to the exact letter of the law Mclaren should be at the end of the pit lane with tiny garages and pit boxes but whats the point of elavating a different team into the fancy garages if they're not going to make full use of them.
Keep Mclaren up close to the teams they're going to be racing, surely they were penalised last year anyway, and keep the racing good. After all, thats what we all want to see.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2128172)   #9
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its another sign of what is only describalbe as fiasco what with the spygate incident and the rest. Its getting more like a private eye agency or maybe 007 will be brought in to sleep with some of the pit girls and gain some juciy inside info this year

I bet at the end of the day tho Bernies businesses will have profited from the polotics several times over.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2128265)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, man, I hope Ferrari protest this.

Not because I care, but because it would be quite amusing.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2128325)   #11
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK if it happens the teams that get bumped are RBR, Toyota, STR, Honda and SA. I presume Force India were still below McLaren.
Be interesting if any of them object or does the position 5 indicate who Bernie has been able to do a deal with?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2128333)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
If they can't get a car out of a transporter and onto the grid in an hour, that's pretty sad.
It takes a lot to prepare and start-up an F1 car. I doubt it would be possible to get a car from transporter to track in one hour.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2128344)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are in bits in the transporter in any case.

I think you have a chassis with the engine and main bodywork, suspension, wheels and everything else has to be bolted on when it is removed from the transporter (or something like that).

It probably takes 25 years for it to be lowered from the transporter.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 03:54 (Ref:2128441)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed amusing. seems like politics do come in handy for some
Old 14 Feb 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2128901)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite everything that happened, there's common sense that the show mut go on.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2129011)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Indeed amusing. seems like politics do come in handy for some
i hate it when that happens

seriously though, a very sensible decision.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 23:56 (Ref:2129250)   #17
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
They are in bits in the transporter in any case.

I think you have a chassis with the engine and main bodywork, suspension, wheels and everything else has to be bolted on when it is removed from the transporter (or something like that).

It probably takes 25 years for it to be lowered from the transporter.
Petty pathetic, imo. I'm gess I'm just used to the NASCAR way of being able to unload a ready to race racecar, and be out on the track, in less than a half hour. F1 really needs to step up their game.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 00:24 (Ref:2129262)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I thought it was 10 years.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 00:30 (Ref:2129264)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Petty pathetic, imo. I'm gess I'm just used to the NASCAR way of being able to unload a ready to race racecar, and be out on the track, in less than a half hour. F1 really needs to step up their game.
Is the lowering of cars from transporters crucial to F1's gameplan?

It doesn't matter really, as long as they get out on track. F1 runs complicated beasts that need all kinds of fettling before they can think of running them.

I'm happy if it takes ten seconds or if it takes ten lifetimes.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 11:41 (Ref:2129539)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well I can have my road car out of the garage and onto the road in a matter of seconds, so on this basis I must be at the cutting edge of motorsport technology.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2129561)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Well I can have my road car out of the garage and onto the road in a matter of seconds, so on this basis I must be at the cutting edge of motorsport technology.
I guess mine is a little more complicated so I spend some good seconds to do it...
Old 15 Feb 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2129580)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
I guess mine is a little more complicated so I spend some good seconds to do it...
Have you got a car with a 'starting handle' ?

Or one of those BMWs with "I-drive" ?
Old 15 Feb 2008, 13:34 (Ref:2129597)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Have you got a car with a 'starting handle' ?

Or one of those BMWs with "I-drive" ?
No, it's a looong way down to the road...

Last edited by Bononi; 15 Feb 2008 at 13:52.
Old 15 Feb 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2129622)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
No, it's a looong way down to the road...

Have you considered taking up 'Ab-sailing' or 'Cliff-diving' ?
Old 15 Feb 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2129623)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... I like the traditional way.