Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:05 (Ref:2183868)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grand Theft Auto IV next week!

Just a week to go now folks!

Who's getting it?

I didn't pre-order early, so I will be surprised if I get it on release day, but I have Vice City and San Andreas to keep me going a while at least.

As ever I'm most excited about the soundtrack , but the rest of the game doesn't look too bad either.

My only concern is it appears more gritty and realistic now, so I hope this doesn't prove detrimental to the game. I'm sure it won't though, bring it on!

Australia and New Zealand get an edited version again.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2183938)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it I want it !

We get the edited version, indeed. I can see it now:

Instead of "Yo homies, what's crackin?"
We get "Yo friends, what's happening?"

Instead of "Day-um! That ***** son of a ***** is going the **** down!"
We get "I think we should meet this person and discuss various problems in our professional relationship."

Last edited by Chatters; 22 Apr 2008 at 12:56.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 22 Apr 2008, 14:56 (Ref:2184091)   #3
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can't wait, is it to early to think this could be one of the greatest games ever? I have not pre-ordered but me, my cousin and two of his mates are going at midnight to get it!

Just out of interest, what console are people getting it on? I only have a PS3 but quite a few people I know who have both are also getting it on PS3, even though Xbox is getting a bit of extra download stuff first. When I asked why they said it was just because tradition, with it being a playstation game since the start. Its good for me anyway, more friends to play against online .
Old 22 Apr 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2184124)   #4
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got it pre-ordered on 360, and 2 weeks off work starting on the Monday.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2184138)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't buy many games but this is pre-ordered on PS3.

Re. online content, the PS3 version is meant to be intergrated into HOME, so hopefully it isn't far off.

Any news on the soundtrack?
Old 22 Apr 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2184156)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some soundtrack details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_T..._IV_soundtrack

Seems there are 17 or 18 stations with, I believe, around 150 tracks. Not many tracks are confirmed though, as is the norm.

Some interesting tracks in amongst what is already confirmed. Chuffed to see 'Street Kids' in there.

Although I see another station has Nickelback on it.

I'm getting mine on 360, as that is the console I have at the moment so it was the logical choice. Both versions will be largely the same I guess, the odd minor difference with downloads or some bizarre graphical effect. Whatever console, we'll all have a blast I'm sure.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 22 Apr 2008 at 15:53.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 17:15 (Ref:2184228)   #7
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome-o, Cerrone's in it.
Old 22 Apr 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2184341)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arctic Monkeys with Teddy Picker quality.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2184971)   #9
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got mine on pre-order for the PS3, hopefully Play will have their **** together this time....

Anyone else seen the opening movie/gameplay footage that's started doing the rounds today? Crap quality, but it looks awesome. And the multiplayer sounds like it could be utterly insane
Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2185004)   #10
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've pre ordred ages ago. It's now in the process of being picked and packed!

OH yes!

Cannot wait!!!!!

The soundtrack is one of the best things.

I can't wait for Me, Knowlesy, and nicky cruising around in a car looking for other peeps to pop caps in, etc.

Etc.

some infor on the game at http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Last edited by Rockmunky; 23 Apr 2008 at 16:54.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2185092)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha, all of us in drive by shootings with other forums.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2185136)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some cool tracks there:-

R.E.M. - "Turn You Inside Out"
Humble Pie - "Cocaine"
Queen - "One Vision"
Elton John - "Street Kids"
Eric Clapton (with Derek and the Dominoes) - "Layla"
Joe Walsh - "Rocky Mountain Way"
The Eagles - "Hotel California"
The Who - "The Seeker"
Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
Stevie Nicks - "Edge of Seventeen"
Boston - "Peace of Mind"
Electric Light Orchestra - "Evil Woman"
Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2185143)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Man of good taste JAG (in music at least).
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2185223)   #14
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want this game so much except I dont have a PS3 or Xbox. my housemate is getting a copy at launch which just happens to be 2 weeks before our degree project is handed in! Gonna have to force myself to ignore him until all my work is done.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2185232)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I need to persuade someone to give me a PS3...
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2185304)   #16
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The wait is agonising....

Old 28 Apr 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2189413)   #17
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being the lucky person that I am I have played the BETA of the game a few weeks back, I was supposed to keep it quiet but who cares it's out tomorrow. The SIXAXIS controls are extremely annoying but you can pull of some cool bike tricks. But helicopters, woah, much harder to fly now.

I haven't had the chance to pre-order it at the moment but I shall hopefully be able to get it tomorrow.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2190156)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I had to sell four fairly new games, for rip off sums, this morning to get this.

Worth it?

Absolutely! Utterly sublime.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2190370)   #19
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye. I sent my mother to go buy me it this morning (God knows how she managed to do remember)

and i don't suppose it was Game that had you off Knowlsey? I had to trade in about 4 games for about £5 each to get San Andreas when that first came out!

I'm about to stick it in and go on live. stephen nw10
Old 29 Apr 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2190422)   #20
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Still don't have it.

Rediculous pre ordering service. Seems like its affected alot of people too.
Old 29 Apr 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2190459)   #21
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Still don't have it.

Rediculous pre ordering service. Seems like its affected alot of people too.
Same here, not happy with Play at all. Just hope it turns up tomorrow
Old 29 Apr 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2190473)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
Aye. I sent my mother to go buy me it this morning (God knows how she managed to do remember)

and i don't suppose it was Game that had you off Knowlsey? I had to trade in about 4 games for about £5 each to get San Andreas when that first came out!

I'm about to stick it in and go on live. stephen nw10
Gamestation.

Interestingly, they would give me £66 if I spent it in their store. But for cash they offered £46.

I got my GTA from Woolworths with a 20% staff discount in the end so it wasn't too shabby. £32 for awesomeness!
Old 29 Apr 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2190540)   #23
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I got it at midnight, I did not pre-order so me and my cousin went at 10:30pm (doors opened at 11pm). We were the first of about 100 people in the que! It was funny, half the people were hardcore gamers, the other half looked like the dodgy kind of yobs that would be hanging around on a high street at that time of night anyway...

Anyway, the games great.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2190915)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Did anyone else do what I did?

When I first played it I sat in the hideout watching all the TV channels.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 18:21 (Ref:2191284)   #25
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
haha, now that is a new level of lazy, playing GTA and whatching the TV? Get your but out of that chair and go and get some excersize by pwning innocent people