Yes 47 68.12%
NO WAY!!!!! KICK HIM OUT!!!!! 22 31.88%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 2001, 15:46 (Ref:103398)   #1
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does JPM deserve to be in F1

As most of you might have already read,I have very strong views on this subject.So,what do you guys feel?....especially after the JV JPM incident.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 15:55 (Ref:103401)   #2
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NOto be the one of the world's best first you have to grow up
and F1 is beening about the world's best
Old 10 Jun 2001, 15:55 (Ref:103402)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Now laxman - this is'nt one of your more thought out threads is it. I agree that IF he said that about the Marshall it was inappropriate, and Frank Willaims (his boss) should sort him out.

But banning him from the sport for being a jerk, geez, we'd lose half the field
Old 10 Jun 2001, 16:02 (Ref:103404)   #4
RALFANATOR
Racer

This is true WREX "laughs" but I was shocked in what I read and I lost all repect for TCF for those comments
Old 10 Jun 2001, 16:05 (Ref:103406)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Of course he should be in F1, he is the best thing since JV, a real character and a real racer who isn't afraid of know-one.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 16:46 (Ref:103415)   #6
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sodemo
Of course he should be in F1, he is the best thing since JV, a real character and a real racer who isn't afraid of know-one.
Disagree. He's not a "real character". He's been built by the medias, but he's demonstrating to be only a little arrogant and unsportsmanlike ass. He said to JV "You killed someone this year". That's unacceptable !
And he's not a real racer, he's an unsportsmanlike driver. And his performance is very poor: he qualifies way behind his team mate and races really slower.
I was curious about him, but this months I've loose any simpaty or respect towards him: he doesn't deserve anymore.
His poor performance on track and his behaviour both on and off track shws that he's not a champion for sure, and probably will never be in spite of the great team he's in.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 18:55 (Ref:103432)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After todays performance I don't think he's done himself ANY favours. WHY DOES HE MAKE SUCH STUPID MISTAKES??? Still, no reason to kick him out. He's fast, a bit mouthy, great fun to watch, but ultimatly can be a bit of a plonker at times!!!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:02 (Ref:103439)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
"APPARENTLY!" he had a suspension problem.

HHmmm i wonder...
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:06 (Ref:103442)   #9
RALFANATOR
Racer

"APPARENTLY TCF got a brain problem its called fade
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:10 (Ref:103446)   #10
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Juan cast his vote in the clearest and strongest possible way in the race.

Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:12 (Ref:103448)   #11
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thoroughly poor weekend for Juan, he has lost a great deal of credibility this weekend, especially amongst the other drivers. Frank is not impressed, I'm sure. I've always liked his racing, but his attitude has some serious flaws. He must realize that he is now playing with the big boys, and they push back. No one is going to cut him any slack on the track anymore.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:15 (Ref:103452)   #12
francis
Rookie

francis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He didn't even have the grace to admit he screwed up. Ralf certainly showed him teh way - again. Unless JPM changes somewhat I give him until the end of next season. Talent, flamboyance etc are no good without reulsts. JPM - at least listen to Frank's words if not the other drivers. If not you'll pretty quickly reach your sell by date.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:20 (Ref:103463)   #13
Niall
Rookie

Niall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm really laughing at people who were saying that Montoya was getting under Schumacher's skin. How can he if he is about 10 places down the grid.

i presonally am getting sick of Montoya. If he's not bad mouthing Schumacher he is getting in fights with Villneuve.

Niall
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:34 (Ref:103481)   #14
Tristan
Veteran

I'll admit it, I've been one of those in this forum who's been raving about JPM.

Not any more.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:46 (Ref:103494)   #15
Kalevi
Rookie

Finland
Kalevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM the rookie of the year, NOT!!

There's a new ice man in town and what a true racer he is:

May I proudly present to you all...tadaa:

KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN, The rookie of the year 2001!

Once again, absolutely brilliant stuff from Mr Freeze! Thanks!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 20:13 (Ref:103514)   #16
Tristan
Veteran

Yup, I wanna change my vote. Kimmi was FANTASTIC today. Hurrah!
Old 10 Jun 2001, 20:36 (Ref:103526)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very good for Kimi, he got his best result again but this thing didn't come so happy for me. Kimi is a talented driver but I suffer for all the drivers which have talent like Kimi and don't have the opportunities he has. For example, various of previous Sauber testdrivers: Fontana, Müller...
Old 10 Jun 2001, 20:38 (Ref:103527)   #18
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I voted yes, but I would change my mind if he were to keep making stupid mistakes like today and at Monaco. He needs to mature, both in his driving and his mentality. He clearly doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and the incident with Villeneuve has made him slip down in my estimation.

He's also clearly fast - we've seen it in Brazil and Austria. But speed is not enough if you can't keep it on the black stuff.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:08 (Ref:103557)   #19
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: JPM the rookie of the year, NOT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalevi
KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN, The rookie of the year 2001!
So far.... YES !.
But there are 9 more GPs to come... It's a long way yet to say that.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:23 (Ref:103567)   #20
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
A thoroughly poor weekend for Juan, he has lost a great deal of credibility this weekend, especially amongst the other drivers. Frank is not impressed, I'm sure. I've always liked his racing, but his attitude has some serious flaws. He must realize that he is now playing with the big boys, and they push back. No one is going to cut him any slack on the track anymore.
Very fair comments. We (Montoya fans) have very little ammo to come back at the criticism right now.

There’s no doubt in my mind JPM deserves a decent crack at F1, judging by what he has achieved in other series. I also have little doubt JPM has the talent to compete at the very top of F1. He has shown brilliance in some races (Brazil) that only a handful of drivers possess.

On the face of it however, he has under-achieved. Many (including me) predicted him to waste little time in getting on top of Ralf, which consistently, he hasn’t done. Compared with Ralf, he is clearly over driving the car – a problem Williams alluded to before the season starts, that JPM prefers to drive around problems rather than sort them out.

Like Zanardi, he has come into F1 with an awful lot of expectation on his shoulders. Pressure he said he wouldn’t feel, unless the car is capable of winning. Well now Ralf has clearly demonstrated the potential of the car, as has JPM, in Brazil and Austria. On the back of Ralfs great win, the fickle world of F1 conveniently forgets how JPM lead and almost won his 3rd Grand Prix. Now we look back and see only another DNF for the pile. Treading on peoples toes hasn’t helped either, it’ll be a true test of character to see where JPM can go from here.

My only opinion at this time is JPM = more time. Ralf is an obvious example of how a driver can mature into a winner through time and patience. I just hope Williams are committed to Montoya.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:57 (Ref:103580)   #21
Damon_racer
Rookie

Damon_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After all the hipe JPM is not doing as well a Kimi he's driving better and just gets on with the job not bad for someone the FIA doubted about giving him a license .
Old 10 Jun 2001, 23:08 (Ref:103605)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
We have to put JPM's performance into perspective, he qualified 10th, however JV qualified 9th whereas Panis was 5th (i think)

so JV too is underperforming, as both JPM and JV had problems regarding track time over the weekend MIGHT explain why they were further down the order than they should have been.

Strange how no-one's mentioned Hakkinen's appalling performance.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 23:15 (Ref:103609)   #23
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really believe that once he smooths out the rough edges, JPM will be a great driver, he's got the confidence and the killer instincts that it takes to be a futur WC, the only problem is sometimes he becomes to over-confident and he ends up paying for it.

This season for JPM is similar to his first Cart season where he made a bunch of rookie mistakes that nearly cost him the title. Give the guy a chance, I'm sure that in time he will not let us down.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 23:44 (Ref:103624)   #24
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrex said:

Quote:
But banning him from the sport for being a jerk, geez, we'd lose half the field
Too true Wrex, sad.... but true

JPM will settle down and get it together,......hopefully!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 00:29 (Ref:103636)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

Juan Pablo Montoya is an amateur..Formula1 requires the type of skill which he has not been blessed with..

Tags
jpm