Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:31 (Ref:103568)   #1
Niall
Rookie

Niall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do Jordan get all the bad luck

Agan over this race weekend we have seen how unfortunate Jordan have been.

With mounting pressure from Honda to see results, a good race from Jordan at montreal was vital.

But just look what happened.

1. HHF gets concussed and misses the race.
2. Zonta doesn't get much time to set up the car and hence gets a bad qualifying position.
3. After Trulli's impressive qualifying, he was in the points in 4th position in the race. Sadly he had some sort of brake failure and hence another bad race weekend for the Jordan.

This is quick turning into a nightmare season just like last year for Jordan.

Lets hope they can quickly turn their good pace around with a few good podiums.

Niall
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:45 (Ref:103573)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because they are in all 3 of my fantasy GP teams. Same with Montoya, I'm convinced this is why he keeps crashing as well .
Old 11 Jun 2001, 02:41 (Ref:103680)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Damon, any chance you can put DC and Barrichello into your team

Jordan will come good, but you gotta remember, they are a B team.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 18:09 (Ref:103989)   #4
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea - I got to admit they do have their fair share of bad luck. I feel sorry for EJ cause he is a nice guy and bad things keep happening (M Schumacher gets nabbed so does Ralf, Rubens, Garry Anderson etc. the list goes on)
But one thing I can't help thinking about is Jordan always have some annoying (IMO) B list celeb. from the UK with the team for race weekend & everyone says Jordan has the best parties - could all of this distract team/ drivers from the No.1 task at hand ? - who knows - but it can't help !!

Bye
Old 11 Jun 2001, 18:33 (Ref:104002)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can hardly say Jordan get all the bad luck. Agreed, they get their fair share, but what about Williams? Taken out - I don't know how many times this year - by other competitors through no fault of their own. And what about Jacques? He's had rotten luck all year apart from that podium finish a few races back. So as we see there are others apart from Jordan who've had bad luck as well.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:00 (Ref:104043)   #6
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This might sound overly harsh, but a lack of reliability is nothing to do with luck, its just that the engineering isn't good enough. Pity, I'd love to see them do well.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:09 (Ref:104046)   #7
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, BAR wasn't very lucky either.
But Jordan was really having so much bad luck this weekend and all through most of the race they we're really going well, Trulli in fourth and Zonta was heading for sixth. Trulli's engine went and Heidfeld braketested Zonta into a long pitstop and they came out empty-handed after all. Too bad. It will come their way soon I hope.

Frentzen's after-crash problems seem way more serious than I thought. I really hope he recovers fully, but a bit more tracktime for Ricardo is pretty cool as well. Fully and a bit more longer would be better than swiftly and still not really allright.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:25 (Ref:104050)   #8
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda descision to be made after Canada

I reckon the guy who said that Honda would make a descision after Montreal actually meant that the Honda would choose several years after the GP...
Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:31 (Ref:104052)   #9
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its way too early to speculate cos we have seen many a turn backs from no points to constructor titles...i wouldnt put it past jordan to pull it back - i mean they r much better than bar by a long shot
Old 11 Jun 2001, 21:06 (Ref:104075)   #10
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Every year we see a win from no points - I'd be suggesting a bit of FIA favouritism if we didn't!!

It's NEVER too early to speculate!!
Old 11 Jun 2001, 21:09 (Ref:104076)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Marshal says is true of course, and all the teams and drivers know it, or if they don't, they should know it. Being knocked off the course by someone else's mistake is really the only situation which could fall into the "bad luck" category. The rest of the "luck" talk is all part of the ins and outs of motorsport, no matter how you choose to look at it.

Regarding Frentzen, Dino, you're right of course. The team said he'd be back for the next race, and I chose to believe them, but he should really take as much time out as he needs in order to return fully recovered, he should definitely not rush it if he's not ready. Let's hope we can trust that the right decision will be made here.

We love you, Frenzy. Come back later rather than sooner, if that's what it takes.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 21:13 (Ref:104082)   #12
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did pretty well when he came back from the fractured knee in 1999...
Old 11 Jun 2001, 21:25 (Ref:104088)   #13
R
Veteran

Oh, so he was the one who won a race with a fractured knee! I remember someone here last year saying Fisichella had won a race with a fractured knee. I never really found the answer to that one.

Until now! That's one mystery solved today then! Now I can safely go to bed...
Old 11 Jun 2001, 21:28 (Ref:104090)   #14
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, but head injury are a completely different league, which can be really though to overcome. Normally some little damage of a crash just recovers in a few days, a week tops. When he's still affected by it, it might be rather more serious unfortunately.