Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2001, 17:30 (Ref:104820)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
How can prost afford to run its cars?

How can Prost afford to run his cars with next to no sponsers on them?
Old 13 Jun 2001, 17:51 (Ref:104832)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By having Pedro Diniz as a share holder.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 22:37 (Ref:104922)   #3
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or robbing banks...

Getting a Government subsidy?
Old 13 Jun 2001, 23:55 (Ref:104937)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Prost has a very good driver in Alesi, and if he can get more points, (I really wish he would), he may get good sponsorship. He should go and talk to Renault. That engine might be first class by next year, and Alain could do with free engines. maybe he could let Pedro Diniz drive in a couple of races. On second thoughts, better not, Alain couldn't afford the carnage.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 00:59 (Ref:104939)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Acer footing the bills for the engine, and Pedro paying the team personnels wages, PSN financing the building of cars...Prost got his team running at almost the bare minimum. (i say almost, because Minardi is running a team at e minimum!)
Old 14 Jun 2001, 02:29 (Ref:104953)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A recent article in F1 Magazine declares that Prost in fact have a smaller budget this year than even Minardi!!!!
Old 14 Jun 2001, 02:39 (Ref:104960)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
This is ridiculous and unacceptable. The money from TV broadcasts should be shared more evenly between the teams. It is patently clear that F1 would be more interesting to the public as a spectacle if the teams are more even, and teams like Prost and Minardi should be givem more money so that the grid would be stronger. Who hte heck wants to see cars lapped in the early stages of a race? Still, who cares what I think?
Old 14 Jun 2001, 02:40 (Ref:104962)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I care, bouncey.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 02:45 (Ref:104963)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Old 14 Jun 2001, 08:25 (Ref:105027)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The gulf created between the front and back of the grid is caused by the ridiculous way in which financial support is shared out. Only teams that score points get their travel paid for giving them many millions of pounds more to pump into new developments. As this happens the teams at the top stay on top and the gulf grows ever wider.

Last edited by Damon; 14 Jun 2001 at 08:26.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:18 (Ref:105057)   #11
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Still, who cares what I think?
Yeah I do too Valve.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 14:32 (Ref:105151)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the point of the authorities, it make sense, by giving performance-based rewards...where those who made the extra effort to go one better gets rewarded...and those who contributed more to the spectacle gets rewarded more. BUT from the economist and logist point of view, it is just a case of "the rich gets richer, the poor get poorer".
Old 14 Jun 2001, 16:23 (Ref:105176)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Isn't that the truth..
Old 14 Jun 2001, 17:15 (Ref:105188)   #14
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much makes more

The tendency is to make little teams to sell themselves to large multinational corporations. The big TV Moloh requires more and more, and Lilliputians like Minardi and Prost cannot afford. One day we wake up and will have known that all F1 belongs to big monsters...

Hope it would be not so soon.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 20:58 (Ref:105266)   #15
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i reckon its a conspirocy. this is wot i reckon:

the prost team is actually a front for prost's plan for world domination. the team is inconspicuous and to the naked eye it is a normal team. it is funded by the american government bcos the FBI want to take over the world to gain superiority above the CIA. the FBI then looks at TGF bcos he is a suspected alien and look at kimi - bcos they and ralf schumi are all related in an alien way. the prost team then is run by prost, bcos in a year's time, he will win every race in the season (1-2's of course) bcos now, he is just de-tuning the car. jean alesi is his partner in crime and will soon become the ultimate world champion. luciano burti is just there to come 2nd. Burti's cat, "Fluffy" is a rival of prost's and will soon use propaganda to sway burti into blowing his engine every race by turning traction control to 10 - and crashing into his team-mate at the first corner - thus reducing the money going into prost and thwarting prost's plan. the CIA then abandon their attempts to uncover the truth, and while all of this is happening, all of you are blissfully un aware of the seriousness of this sport.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 22:52 (Ref:105302)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
...where those who made the extra effort to go one better gets rewarded...
So surely Minardi should get the most?

The money system needs to be changed - Ferrari and McLaren grow richer whilst Minardi and Prost grow poorer.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 15:44 (Ref:105525)   #17
PoweredByHonda
Racer

PoweredByHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by economy_waffle
i reckon its a conspirocy. this is wot i reckon:

the prost team is actually a front for prost's plan for world domination. the team is inconspicuous and to the naked eye it is a normal team. it is funded by the american government bcos the FBI want to take over the world to gain superiority above the CIA. the FBI then looks at TGF bcos he is a suspected alien and look at kimi - bcos they and ralf schumi are all related in an alien way. the prost team then is run by prost, bcos in a year's time, he will win every race in the season (1-2's of course) bcos now, he is just de-tuning the car. jean alesi is his partner in crime and will soon become the ultimate world champion. luciano burti is just there to come 2nd. Burti's cat, "Fluffy" is a rival of prost's and will soon use propaganda to sway burti into blowing his engine every race by turning traction control to 10 - and crashing into his team-mate at the first corner - thus reducing the money going into prost and thwarting prost's plan. the CIA then abandon their attempts to uncover the truth, and while all of this is happening, all of you are blissfully un aware of the seriousness of this sport.
What drugs did we smoke?
Old 15 Jun 2001, 17:09 (Ref:105557)   #18
economy_waffle
Racer

i dont do drugs, but i always leave my drinks unattended when im in a pub, with a friend of mine who is a dealer...

c'mon - its obvious u gotta better (or funnnier, wierder) suggestion?
Old 15 Jun 2001, 17:58 (Ref:105573)   #19
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, Ok, EERO & AMoffat, now a big hug for VB...
Old 15 Jun 2001, 18:03 (Ref:105575)   #20
PoweredByHonda
Racer

Quote:
i dont do drugs, but i always leave my drinks unattended when im in a pub, with a friend of mine who is a dealer...

c'mon - its obvious u gotta better (or funnnier, wierder) suggestion?
Hey waffle:
Don't take it personally.... just a joke.
But seriously.... what happened to yahoo and Bic who sponsored Prost last year? Why did they pull out?
Old 15 Jun 2001, 19:33 (Ref:105601)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
I'm sure Yahoo pulled out because they're broke and Bic...well who knows, but as a French company, you'd think they'd have a little loyalty.

As for propping up Bouncey's poor shattered ego, are we all okay now? Bouncey, ya gonna be all right, Kid?
Old 16 Jun 2001, 10:37 (Ref:105799)   #22
economy_waffle
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by PoweredByHonda

Hey waffle:
Don't take it personally.... just a joke.
But seriously.... what happened to yahoo and Bic who sponsored Prost last year? Why did they pull out?
i didnt. im just going to track down where you live and keeeeeel you in ur sleep mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwaah mwh amwh amhw mahwsmnha

im done now.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 15:27 (Ref:105877)   #23
PoweredByHonda
Racer

Quote:

i didnt. im just going to track down where you live and keeeeeel you in ur sleep mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah mwaah mwh amwh amhw mahwsmnha

im done now.
uhhhhh.... yeah....
but I gotta gun under de pillow
Old 16 Jun 2001, 15:30 (Ref:105878)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Okay, Waffle and Honda, threats, even in jest, cannot be tolerated on this forum, so stop now, both of you before this goes any further.