Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2306014)   #1
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proposed circuit near Disneyland Paris

The following was posted on a Disneyland Paris discussion board. It is from the local community planning department.

http://www.valeurope-san.fr/info/FR/...ns/1670/060111

It would great if people could resist the temptation of saying that it looks a bit Mickey Mouse.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:33 (Ref:2306018)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
It Disney look very likely to me.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2306028)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd love to know the thinking behind that North section. It looks ridiculous whichever direction it's supposed to go in.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:12 (Ref:2306052)   #4
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
It Disney look very likely to me.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:18 (Ref:2306057)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, another Mickey Mouse circuit coming...
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2306059)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure about the layout, it looks half streets and half permanent.

The location makes sense. Good air, road and rail links. Plenty of available land and Disney are used to handling large numbers of people daily.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2306063)   #7
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks a bit of a goofy layout to me.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2306075)   #8
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
It looks a bit of a goofy layout to me.
Oh, the wit.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2306084)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have to decide, Mickey or Goofy...
Old 7 Oct 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2306117)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe we should try and get the rest of the Disney charactors involved, but be careful not to use Donald as an autocensor dodge
Old 7 Oct 2008, 13:51 (Ref:2306128)   #11
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that kinda looks bad
Old 7 Oct 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2306130)   #12
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the designers are in fantasy land.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 15:13 (Ref:2306177)   #13
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had visions of this being set out in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head, surely Tilke could knock something up to that effect?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2306182)   #14
Dr Jimi Ibett
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Dr Jimi Ibett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me thinks a constipated Chicken could have come up with a better circuit design.

And thinks that Elmer Fudd designed it with all those random sharp corners...and that he stutters while drawing...

Th...th...thats all folks!
Old 7 Oct 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2306185)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think it looks a bit Pooh! I think they're 'away with the fairies' on this one.

Last edited by Marbot; 7 Oct 2008 at 15:29.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2306235)   #16
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's only fitting to the location that it's going to be a "Mickey Mouse" type of track. I guess I'd prefer Magny-Cours over this design. It's too slow, but then, what can you do in a parking lot anyway?
My guess is that Donald might be one of the 3 race stewards and that Scrooge McDuck owns the TV rights. ;-)
Old 7 Oct 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2306273)   #17
JoCko
Rookie

Belgium
Charleroi, Belgium
JoCko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to f1-live.com there are also other 3 projects to bid for the 2010 French GP: Yvelines, Magny-Cours 2 and Val de France.

I'm sick of Bernie's crazy ideas. That'd be fine if France didn't have any other decent racing tracks, but that's clearly not the case. So, instead of building more tracks in the traditional Tilke style, he could do the simple, at least this time, and choose other location such as Le Mans or Paul Ricard (without those anwful blue runoff areas, of course).
Old 7 Oct 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2306276)   #18
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks fine to me, except the N section.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2306282)   #19
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCko
I'm sick of Bernie's crazy ideas. That'd be fine if France didn't have any other decent racing tracks, but that's clearly not the case. So, instead of building more tracks in the traditional Tilke style, he could do the simple, at least this time, and choose other location such as Le Mans or Paul Ricard (without those anwful blue runoff areas, of course).
I'd go with Le Mans Bugatti.

If it can hold MotoGP then it can have F1. It may not be the best track in France but it saves the cost of a new track being built and it has a significant amount of history (the first ever Grand Prix motor race was held there in 1906).

My only stipulation would be that someone other than the ACO pays the sanctioning fee.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 7 Oct 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2306472)   #20
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure F1 is the intended race category.

The key has a reference to "Herbie".....

Seriously though - WTF is wrong with Paul Ricard? Bernie owns part of other tracks, so why not? Could it be because he'd be embarrassed by having poorer spectator accomodation than Silverstone?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2306475)   #21
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
I'm not sure F1 is the intended race category.

The key has a reference to "Herbie".....

Seriously though - WTF is wrong with Paul Ricard? Bernie owns part of other tracks, so why not? Could it be because he'd be embarrassed by having poorer spectator accomodation than Silverstone?
Paul Ricard has no government funding to keep Bernie happy. The lack of fan facilities isn't really an issue for BE.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 7 Oct 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2306487)   #22
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After posting I had the thought the BE might be holding Paul Ricard open for the relocation of the Monaco GP. This has been rumoured in the past and might be worth keeping in mind, but that of course assumes Monte Carlo continues to exist as a semi-autonomous entity.

I'd rather they spent the money reviving Rouen.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2306489)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
After posting I had the thought the BE might be holding Paul Ricard open for the relocation of the Monaco GP. This has been rumoured in the past and might be worth keeping in mind, but that of course assumes Monte Carlo continues to exist as a semi-autonomous entity.
It is rumoured that Bernie is actually thinking about relocating Monaco to Saudi-Arabia.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 00:21 (Ref:2306510)   #24
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Times
Looks fine to me, except the N section.
no
Old 8 Oct 2008, 05:07 (Ref:2306582)   #25
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
That track looks monstrously hurrendous! I pray to whatever exists that this nightmare never happens.

If it does, well, it will just make me all the more eager for His Shortness to shuffle off this mortal coil sooner rather than later.