Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Nov 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2342794)   #1
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
winter rallycross @ Lydden production BMW 325's anyone else doing it?

As per earlier thread Lydden are doing a winter Rallyx series

Jan 3rd - saturday
Feb 7th - saturday

I am going to enter a BMW 325 production rally car it would be great to get a few others out...

I know Pat Flynne was talking about setting up a series for these in Rallycross, so can we try to get a few people out in 325's for these rounds?

Also anyone fancy entering their other Rallycars? So if we dont have anough BMW's for a class on their own we can at least have some fun with a class specific for Rallycars.

PS If anyone knows Pat could they mention this to him please see if he can get some interest?
Old 27 Nov 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2342859)   #2
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.rallycross-trophy.de/

In Germany they do Rally cars on RX tracks since 1997.
Old 27 Nov 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2342893)   #3
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they have been trying to do in UK, but i dont think have been that successful (its not on british championship), how has the entrys been for open series?
Old 28 Nov 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2343170)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
If they do rally cars with staggered starts then my driver may be up for it - gridded starts not so good. Really don't want to pick up panel damage from contact or get the fron end of the car shot blasted on the loose stuff. (also the 3rd is a bit too close to Longmoor really for us to enter)
Old 28 Nov 2008, 10:49 (Ref:2343190)   #5
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
If they do rally cars with staggered starts then my driver may be up for it - gridded starts not so good. Really don't want to pick up panel damage from contact or get the fron end of the car shot blasted on the loose stuff. (also the 3rd is a bit too close to Longmoor really for us to enter)

I reckon a gridded start will be fine, if everyone is driving their own rallycar they are not going to behave like rallycross drivers bending their pride and joy at the first corner (or are they?)
Old 28 Nov 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2343227)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not a hope - lights out, foot to the floor
Old 28 Nov 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2343229)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see a mini-championship for rallycars. I don't think here's been a mention of a rallycar class for some time in the BRDA or Open series which is a shame. Its a good way for people to sample the sport without having to make time-consuming changes to their cars. It works in Ireland.

I think a lot of the problem with the 'banger racing' in stock hatch and minicross is the grid size. If you stick less experienced drivers in the largest grids then stuff will happen.

How about this for an idea? Grid all the cars together but only allow 4 rallycars to set off at a time. After 15 seconds let the second group go, then after another 15 seconds the third. You could then have 12 cars on track at the same time in three races making for a better spectacle. I don't think there are any rules prohibiting this, are there?
Old 28 Nov 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2343280)   #8
Rewsy
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bexley, Kent
Rewsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am actually in the process of building a 325 for the New open Series Challenge that Pat is organising, I know we are still waiting for the final regs etc but if I can get the car done I will be entering hopefully the last Lydden event, be it in the RallyX class as it will be a rallyx car.