Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 11 Jan 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2369419)   #1
craig hope
Racer

England
near darlington
craig hope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there many single seater cars around the North East...

I was wondering if there are many single seater cars around the North East..

If so were do you all race?

Would it not be better to have a northen championship if there are enough cars about........

What do you all think as there must be loads of single seaters around.....
Old 11 Jan 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2369643)   #2
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig hope
I was wondering if there are many single seater cars around the North East..

If so were do you all race?

Would it not be better to have a northen championship if there are enough cars about........

What do you all think as there must be loads of single seaters around.....
Effectively you are asking if there are any formula libre races in the north east. I don't think there are. Most people have a single seater which is part of a national championship, and so go all over the country ( providing they can afford all the rounds).
Personally I regret the passing of the open single seater races ( formula libre by any other term).
I was hopeful that the formula free, started in 2007, would take off, but it met an end under rather questionable circumstances.
What car have you got? or hope to have?
Old 12 Jan 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2370041)   #3
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
Personally I regret the passing of the open single seater races ( formula libre by any other term).
I was hopeful that the formula free, started in 2007, would take off, but it met an end under rather questionable circumstances.
Bob, I have been running a race for open single seaters ( formula libre by any other term) since 2004 at my Winter Raceday at Anglesey - except for 2006 when we were building a state of the art new circuit.
Unlike the other classes, it has never been majorly well supported by the open wheel / single seaters.
But undeterred, I will be trying again on Sunday 15 March, with Testing on the Saturday.
It is an ideal meeting to gain a couple of licence upgrade signatures.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2370661)   #4
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Bob, I have been running a race for open single seaters ( formula libre by any other term) since 2004 at my Winter Raceday at Anglesey - except for 2006 when we were building a state of the art new circuit.
Unlike the other classes, it has never been majorly well supported by the open wheel / single seaters.
But undeterred, I will be trying again on Sunday 15 March, with Testing on the Saturday.
It is an ideal meeting to gain a couple of licence upgrade signatures.
I'm glad you used this opportunity to advertise your meetings at Anglesey as I like the idea of someone doing something different to the same old champioship/large organising club scenario. In my initial reply to this thread I nearly pointed the guy towards Alglesey, but I was conscious of the fact that he said "north east"
We are very unsure what to do this year, we may just turn up at one of your events...........................when the weather gets a bit warmer.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2372023)   #5
stealth1
Rookie

stealth1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pearson
I'm glad you used this opportunity to advertise your meetings at Anglesey as I like the idea of someone doing something different to the same old champioship/large organising club scenario. In my initial reply to this thread I nearly pointed the guy towards Alglesey, but I was conscious of the fact that he said "north east"
We are very unsure what to do this year, we may just turn up at one of your events...........................when the weather gets a bit warmer.
Formula Libre Ireland will be in Anglesey in July ... you would be welcome to join us for the weekend if you fancied it ...
Old 15 Jan 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2372329)   #6
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth1
Formula Libre Ireland will be in Anglesey in July ... you would be welcome to join us for the weekend if you fancied it ...
And, you never know, the weather might be a bit warmer!