Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Apr 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2450476)   #1
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CER in Barcelona

I think this series will not have the correct importance on internet site. only Connectingrod publish a good number of photos. Do you think the same?
http://www.connectingrod.it/Historic...llona_eng.html
Old 27 Apr 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2450608)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have spent 5 minutes looking at Connecting Rod website and I am totally confused - is it a car dealer or a magazine?
Old 27 Apr 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2450624)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The site is called "Connecting Rod" but the page has pics and the following which is an extract from the text.

Quote:
The practice sessions were really a spectacular event, with Luco (Porche 936), Thilloy (Lola T298) and Nicolet (March 74S) engaged to fight for Pole Position, which was finally gained by the Lola driver in 1:52:834. On the contrary, the race was yet easily envisaged concluding in the first twenty minutes, with Thilloy who was stopped by trouble to brakes and Nicolet forced to retire after a quite dull competition; the Ferrari 712 with Knapfield recovered from the back rows, also thanks to the Safety car that came twice onto the track, but all the same the check flag remained a chimera for Ferrari too. The Lola with Quiniou and the one with Cazalieres were respectively competing for the second place with a gap of only 934 thousandths of seconds after one hour’s race. At the and, we have to point out the fine struggle that saw the rivals, the BMW with the Mclnermys, then the winner of the category, and the Ferrari 512BB driven by an anonymous Mr John of B: the duel between the knights had been lasting for a good 11 laps, till the “Cavallino Rampante” car retire.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2450746)   #4
boesel
Rookie

Hi simon,
you really think www.connectingrod.it
is a car dealer?
I dont think so. In my opinion is a quite good site, particularly for the photos.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2450753)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was confused by the cars - their were not enough to be comprehensive and the mixture too eclectic so I presumed it to be an inventory.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2451342)   #6
boesel
Rookie

You know, they are italian, not english. And i think you know the difference. :-)