Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jun 2009, 05:02 (Ref:2478880)   #1
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Young Fresh Talent.

Was just reading an article regarding 19yo Daniel Ricciardo, is he Australia's next hope at F1 Glory??

Currently Driving For Red Bull Junior Team, handy lead in Formula 3 World Championsip

Could Webber Take Him Under His Wing?? Will He Get a Shot???

Replacement For Bordiaus At Torro Rosso for 2010??

Thoughts???
Old 10 Jun 2009, 05:20 (Ref:2478885)   #2
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i would've thought brendan hartley would be ahead of Daniel in the Red Bull stable...

he's a kiwi, but that's never stopped us from claiming them in the past (but only when they achieve well)...
Old 10 Jun 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2478903)   #3
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Are they competing in the same series???
Old 10 Jun 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2478999)   #4
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting drivers, but as long as they belong to a privileged team (all the red bull linked outfit are) the judgment must be cautious
Old 10 Jun 2009, 10:54 (Ref:2479047)   #5
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is with the Red Bull driver programme is they rank their drivers in like a hierachy, where even if one guy is miles better than another, if they prefer the inferior guy, he'll get higher up the ladder.

To be honest out of the main Red Bull drivers, i think the Spanish Jaime Alguersari (currently in Formula Renault 3.5 i believe) could be the next Alonso.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2479096)   #6
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That young talented guy Jason Bunton's doing well. Look at all those wins. And that other bloke, Merk Weber. I think he's Austrian or something like that
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2479153)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Indeed, Ricciardo is clearly a real diamond in the making but is still in need of lots of racing time on track so it's a bit too early to be thinking F1. Mind you that never did Raikkonen any harm.... well not in his early F1 career anyway!

Hartley looks like he's next Red Bull starlet in line for F1 followed probably by Alguersuari, Wickens and then maybe Ricciardo?

Outside of Red Bull well, there's plenty of potentials.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2479168)   #8
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They all have talent and some of them have it in bucket fulls, but you have got to have a premium series for all these "want to be's" to race in.

With all the Max & Burnie B#**$".t doesn't look like there will be one next year.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2479195)   #9
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from the obvious Brendan Hartley

Others coming out of NZ to keep an eye on are:
Richie Stanaway
Mitch Evans

Might be a while though, Mitch is only 14
Old 10 Jun 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2479262)   #10
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What about Earl Bamber ? He is young and fast.

Even if Ricciardo wins formula3 this year he will follow Jaime Alg. way to WSR, so
Daniel is 2 or 3 years away from formula1.

I wonder which red-bull driver will be promoted to STR next year:
Alguersuari and Hartley showing not that much in WSR right now and Wickens winning in formula2, but it will be big jump from F2 to F1.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2479623)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think wickens might end up in f1 next year so the fia can continue to trumpet f2 as something it isn't. it'll have nothing to do with wickens level of talent, and i think he'll really struggle. red bull could do with realising making a driver compete in 2 series at once does not equate to 2 seasons worth of experience.

ricciardo... i think might have a long way to go yet. he hasn't compared particularly well to the 2 "veteran" newcomers who have turned up in british f3. he did exactly what he should have been doing in the first rounds though, so all credit to him for that.

but what do our opinions matter. we're only spectators
Old 10 Jun 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2479661)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You never know about F3 talent. I picked Marko Asmer as a good fit for F1 ... and look at his GP2 record
Old 11 Jun 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2480198)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alguesuari looked better than Hartley when they were team-mates last year. Ricciardo has adapted just as quickly, but I suppose we'll get a better idea at the end of the season. I just hope we get some new drivers next year, preferably not just at the new teams.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2480657)   #14
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Currently Driving For Red Bull Junior Team, handy lead in Formula 3 World Championsip
Bit misleading - he drives for Carlin (as a Red Bull Junior Team driver) in the British F3 International Series, which is less of a "world championship" than F3 Euro Series. But he has impressed me in F.Renault and BF3, and seems a personable guy too, clearly with much talent... let's wait and see if he ends up with an F1 chance.
Old 12 Jun 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2480662)   #15
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Bit misleading - he drives for Carlin (as a Red Bull Junior Team driver) in the British F3 International Series, which is less of a "world championship" than F3 Euro Series. But he has impressed me in F.Renault and BF3, and seems a personable guy too, clearly with much talent... let's wait and see if he ends up with an F1 chance.

Ahh Thanks for pointing that out, over here in Auz we only get F1 as our internation Openwheel s exposure. Still getting my hear areoun the Differend F3 series
Old 12 Jun 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2480663)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
That young talented guy Jason Bunton's doing well. Look at all those wins. And that other bloke, Merk Weber. I think he's Austrian or something like that
You have got the job...
Old 12 Jun 2009, 02:18 (Ref:2480685)   #17
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Also a lot of 'brilliant' F3 drivers never cut the mustard when they get to F1 too.

Quote:
Armco Bender...I'm still available....