Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2512374)   #1
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Returns to Mallory 9th August

For the first time in a number of years the HSCC returns to Mallory Park on 9th August. There are 9 races 8 x 15min races 1 x 40min race, at present there are over 160 entries.

Anyone who has not yet volunteered that would like to PM either me or Fay.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2512760)   #2
Firefox
Rookie

England
kilton meynes
Firefox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan,
Nice to see the entry list with the passes, looks like we will have pretty full grids, not quite as many Historic Formula Juniors as last weekend but then if you put that lot on track at Mallory it would be more like the M25 on a Friday Afternoon.

If any of you guys/gals are free next Sundaycome along, you will not be disappointed and made most welcome.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2518598)   #3
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a way for HSCC to return to Mallory, some huge accidents for all to deal with especially in Historic FF1600. I believe 6 cars in 3 different locations at same time, hope all drivers involved are OK at least 2 drivers taken to LRI.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2518619)   #4
scott19
Rookie

scott19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was racing in the Formula Ford 2000 race and came 2nd. I would like to say thanks very much to you guys, for Marshaling on what must have been a very busy day for all of you. The use of the blue flag was the best I have seen all this year. The blue flag is much needed round there as its so hard to over-take so well done guys and girls.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2518676)   #5
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quiet day on Esses out for my first day at Mallory this year, sadly not the same elsewhere on track. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to al involved.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2518693)   #6
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of myself and the HSCC, I would like to thank all the marshals for yesterday.

For some reason half the circuit was very busy and the other half quiet. I think it must be almost a record to have 2 heavy accidents and 1 minor accident in 1 lap, with cars hitting the barriers very hard and in one case taking off. For the FF to go in hard at post 5 where they did is very unusual. Whereas Post 7 (formerly post 6) had their normal accidents on the inside of the circuit.

Once again Thank You very much.

Regards

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal
HSCC
Old 10 Aug 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2518780)   #7
gojo
Rookie

gojo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to thank all you marshalls that did a excellent job at Mallory at the weekend,you were on the ball with the flags in our saloon car race,
and I hope the drivers were not badly injured in the serious incidents of the following race's.

Jonathan Gomm
Old 10 Aug 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2518890)   #8
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The accident which happened on the start finish straight was bizarre.. I was standing right in front of where it happened. I saw the red flags being waved and drivers arms in the air and thought it was going to all go quiet. Then suddenly the car clipped another and went end over end. The driver did get out of the car themselves, albeit with a limp. The Marshalls and emergency teams were on spot quickly and dealt well with the carnage there and around the circuit. Well done to all.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2518938)   #9
allanh
Racer

allanh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just new i should have been at Mallory. Racing not bad at Donington but nothing at 14 all day, Fay, don't let me do the same thing next year !!!
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2519014)   #10
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update . Monday 7pm.
Westie Mitchell has fractured arm still in Leicester Hos ward for another night.
Also checking on Vertebrae damage.
Amanda Whitaker has sore/swollen ankle.
Diogo Ferrao has broken finger. Flying back to Portugal today for exams/studies.

Not good racing this, folks. Especially when it leads to NO RACING.
Time to instil a little decorum in our ranks. We plan to be back cleaner and probably leaner and hopefully, LESS STUPID...
Thanks to all marshall and medics (again) for their care and attention, MUCH appreciated.
Old 10 Aug 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2519121)   #11
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post
Update . Monday 7pm.
Not good racing this, folks. Especially when it leads to NO RACING.
Time to instil a little decorum in our ranks. We plan to be back cleaner and probably leaner and hopefully, LESS STUPID...
Thanks to all marshall and medics (again) for their care and attention, MUCH appreciated.
I was marshalling on Post 1 and confess that I did wonder what was in the water yesterday. Normally we get great, but close and little contact, racing from the HSCC wherever they are - that's why we support them at different circuits. Hopefully just an abberation cos the sun was shining?
Old 11 Aug 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2519421)   #12
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a day at Post 7 (old Post 6 - Stebbe). Did Fay have some form of second-sight assigning 2 Observers? I know I asked to Observe with someone else to get a little extra on-the-job training and this provided plenty - Thanks Fay (I think!).

Thanks also to Bob (RBS) for some very useful pointers, and a lot of interesting information about the cars and drivers. Our incident team (all 2 of them, actually 3 because our Flaggie also "incidented" - thank you) coped extremely well with the numerous serious and potentially serious collisions / accidents on post, as well as giving valuable support to the crew on 5. I am glad to see that the injuries are not anywhere near as bad as they might have been.

Gerry
Old 11 Aug 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2519642)   #13
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the morning started so well, thought id be in for a quiet day in fire 2 but it all seemed to go wrong in the afternoon. For a start I had to run!!!! Glad to hear all the drivers are ok(ish). Couldnt belive how many incidents there were, I was there the week before for the 750mc meeting (including stock hatchs) and didnt put my hand on a car all day.
Old 11 Aug 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2519835)   #14
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
I have been asked to request factual observations that people may have of the first lap of the FF race, relative to the events at Gerrards exit and the Finish straight. If anyone is able to send me anything by PM it would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 12:19 (Ref:2520207)   #15
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post
I have been asked to request factual observations that people may have of the first lap of the FF race, relative to the events at Gerrards exit and the Finish straight. If anyone is able to send me anything by PM it would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Dikko, not sure if your a driver or an official but observers reports would have been made at the time and given to the CofC as is normal practice. If you have a specific request you should direct it at the club.
Old 12 Aug 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2520318)   #16
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Drivers rep. Just trying to get the right angle on events. From all angles too!
Old 12 Aug 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2520497)   #17
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Just spoken to Westies wife Clare and she has asked me to pass on the family's thanks to the marshalls and medics for their prompt and correct action after his encounter with the tyres - you are greatly appreciated.
I'm to tell you also that he's still on his back at Leicester while they fit him with a back brace and double check his workings and hopefully will be home sometime next week. Apparently he's a bit bored with the view of the ceiling.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2523296)   #18
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
last Friday he was out and looking at life from a vertical point of view. And this from him..
A note to say a big THANK YOU to all that have given us so much support and kind messages over the past week, we have been quite overwhelmed by the response and offers of help from many so many friends. I have finally landed back at home feeling extremely 'second hand' but hopefully not looking quite as second hand as the motor!. I think it will take a while for us both to mend. Fortunately i have terrific support from Clare, family and friends.
My next target is to try and make the Oulton BBQ and to get the chance to thank more people in person.
This incident has not dampened my enthusiasm for what normally is the most fun you can have on wheels and all of that amongst mates!