Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2596794)   #1
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Marshals Team

Have had my renewal form and provisional list of dates for next season
There's also the ability to volunteer/be considered for the Moto GP,providing one is already registered as a bike Marshal,or is willing to attend a Racesafe training day (Silverstone is having one on the 23rd Jan)

Quite tempted by Silverstone's offer on new overalls,do 10 days marshalling at the circuit this year and have the cost (£50) refunded
Old 9 Dec 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2596806)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The overalls offer is a great bonus-previously, the black Silverstone ones were about £80 (from Jays-the new offer is through AWS), a bit much when I've got perfectly good orange ones. Off the peg only though, which is fine if you are standard shape otherwise, like myself, they can be a bit roomy-it's still £80 for made to measure & no refund. I'll definately be getting some though-thankyou Silverstone!
Old 9 Dec 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2596874)   #3
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant idea, not sure it works for me though as I am also a weird shape - if it fits round my bottom half it wont round my top!
Old 9 Dec 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2596910)   #4
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pebbles View Post
Brilliant idea, not sure it works for me though as I am also a weird shape - if it fits round my bottom half it wont round my top!
Can't you get a two piece overall? Surely much more logical for our 'lady' marshals? Then you could ask for different top & bottom sizes.

But don't care.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2597168)   #5
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've checked with Penny at Silverstone. If you're a shape that doesn't suit one-fits-all it's worth contacting her if you're interested in the overalls deal as there may be a contingency. It would still be Jays.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2597500)   #6
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will probably need new ones before the end of next season, was going to see if she had sample sizes to try on when I needed my new ones....
Old 10 Dec 2009, 23:38 (Ref:2597566)   #7
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pebbles View Post
Will probably need new ones before the end of next season, was going to see if she had sample sizes to try on when I needed my new ones....
Might be worth finding out.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2597615)   #8
welche2
Racer

United Kingdom
swadlincote
welche2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remember if you join racesafe they issue overalls for the bsb and with a new sponsor this year waterproofs as well for free. I'm doing the racesafe training day this year as I've joined racesafe for the bsb series at oulton, mallory, silverstone, brands hatch and donnington if they get the track fixed by then.lol
Old 14 Dec 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2599670)   #9
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've completed my form and sent it back. Looking forward to my 2nd season as a marshal. Got a few meetings already pencilled in my diary. One that i am looking forward to is the Britcar 24hr race.

Don't know what to expect as I have never attended a 24hr race. I tried booking the Monday of work but couldn't so I can see myself struggling that day at work

I did mark myself down for the MotoGP and Training day on the 23rd Jan but I'm going to guess that I may not be able to attend this as I'm only a trainee with 13 days under my belt But hey if I can't there's still plenty of other stuff to look forward too!.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 20:43 (Ref:2599674)   #10
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
One that i am looking forward to is the Britcar 24hr race. Don't know what to expect as I have never attended a 24hr race.
Best national event of the year, in my opinion. You'll love it

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119430
Old 14 Dec 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2599734)   #11
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
I've completed my form and sent it back. Looking forward to my 2nd season as a marshal. Got a few meetings already pencilled in my diary. One that i am looking forward to is the Britcar 24hr race.

Don't know what to expect as I have never attended a 24hr race. I tried booking the Monday of work but couldn't so I can see myself struggling that day at work

I did mark myself down for the MotoGP and Training day on the 23rd Jan but I'm going to guess that I may not be able to attend this as I'm only a trainee with 13 days under my belt But hey if I can't there's still plenty of other stuff to look forward too!.
Hi Bodger,
As Burnsie said, certainly one of the highlights of the year.
Usually we do 4 hours on, 4 hours off. Because it's on the GP circuit, you may find numbers a bit short overnight, but there will be a flag/observer, I/O and incident crew. Be prepared for the dreaded fog. The last 2 times it was 24hrs, this has caused problems for the race overnight. 2007 we had 4 hours of safety car, 2008 it had to be stopped for a while. Apart from that, you will love it. A great number/variety of cars. Hope the Lupo returns.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2600040)   #12
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question is will it be on the current GP circuit, or the proposed new one? From what I've seen there's no reason why the current GP circuit can't be retained.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2600085)   #13
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The current GP circuit will certainly still be available for use. It's up to event organisers whether they run on that or the new Arena Circuit.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2600312)   #14
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be ok for work on the Monday then if there is some sort of rota going on through the night. 4hrs of safety car, that most of been a laugh on the bank.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2600350)   #15
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
The question is will it be on the current GP circuit, or the proposed new one? From what I've seen there's no reason why the current GP circuit can't be retained.
Is that the bit they were going to bank for the Moto gp your talking about, would be interesting to find out if thats still going ahead.
And also there was talk about the final chicane that the bikes use, being changed, as not many teams, riders liked it much.....bit of a hot spot for the odd spill....or dodgie overtaking move....causing us boys and girls in orange...a bit of mess to clean up....
Old 15 Dec 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2600378)   #16
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwar View Post
Is that the bit they were going to bank for the Moto gp your talking about, would be interesting to find out if thats still going ahead.
And also there was talk about the final chicane that the bikes use, being changed, as not many teams, riders liked it much.....bit of a hot spot for the odd spill....or dodgie overtaking move....causing us boys and girls in orange...a bit of mess to clean up....
I was at Silverstone last Sunday, and can confirm there is a LOT of work going on around the start of the club straight where the new hairpin is going to be sited, and that all the tarmac for the motorcycle chicane has all been dug out.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2600656)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Don't forget that if you are a BMMC member our sponsorship deal means you get £30 refunded from the cost of AWS overalls, the basic ones cost £40 so you only end up paying £10