Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jul 2001, 22:45 (Ref:123545)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
TV Coverage

Don't know if it's just me, but has anyone noticed that the standard of BBC coverage is getting better as the season goes on. I thought Donington and Knockhill were very good, especially after the joke that was Mondello. It's not just that the racing is getting better (Oulton was a great race and the TV footage was nothing special), more that the whole package seems to work better.

Before anyone says it, yes I admit it's not perfect but the camera angles seem to work better and theres a better mix of Touring and Production footage. Have the new production company finally found their feet.

One other thing that struck we watching the Superbikes today. When Dawn McKensie was brought in we assumed she would take the Suzi Perry roll (driver interviews etc) but having watched Suzi today Dawn still has a long long way to go. Not only does Suzi look at ease amongst the drivers but when she asks technical questions you get the feeling she actually knows what she is talking about.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 23:08 (Ref:123552)   #2
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the coverage is getting better the bbc just needs to pull its finger out and sort out promoting when they'll show the races, one thing thats annoying me tho is the amount of in car shots of drivers! although its good they can gon on for a while and u end up thinkin there must be something else more interestin happening on the track!! (also theres not enough attention payed to the production cars!, there was no mention of joanna clarke joining the series at all!)
the wing mirror cams are naff tho half the time all you see is the infield!!!! but overall the coverage is getting better!
Old 29 Jul 2001, 23:09 (Ref:123553)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The standard plummeted here in Scotland yesterday, as BBC Scotland cut back the interviews and just showed the races because the footy sesaon started here on Saturday and the scores were coming in during the touring cars, and they were, as I said earlier cut back to show Sportscene. But I must say that the races went past quicker than previous rounds on the Telly.

The on-screen graphics are finally getting there, I liked the feature race one where it showed a small green strip next to a drivers name if they were yet to pit.

Suzi's just got a way with the boys lets say, she makes the riders actually think a good answer.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 08:33 (Ref:123669)   #4
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it was shown on the Knockhill coverage I'm sorry cos I missed it, but.....

Where is the so called car telemetry on the coverage, I watched the 98 Bathurst review and its good to se the cars relative speed and gearing during the race.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 10:17 (Ref:123694)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just wish they'd advertise it, because I had no idea it was on on Saturday.

Old 30 Jul 2001, 18:41 (Ref:123912)   #6
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again I missed the BTCC coverage because i didn't know it was on on the Saturday at that time. And you get the feeling w/Suzi on the Superbike coverage she did something to do w/bikes beforehand so she does know what shes talking about.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 19:05 (Ref:123939)   #7
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get a Tivo havent missed any motorsport for months great
Old 31 Jul 2001, 00:16 (Ref:124084)   #8
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get the radio times!!!! it's always advertised in there! you just gotta be assed lookin. there is a pattern, its always on on a saturday and its usually the saturday after the meeting, if its not down then check the sunday and if its not there it'l be on the following week.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 18:58 (Ref:124851)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Minardi, I've managed to find my tape of Knockhill if you want to borrow it. Better still see if you can find a friendly team manager/driver with a TV and VCR and we'll arrange a group viewing on Fri evening.

Last edited by redshoes; 1 Aug 2001 at 18:59.