Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 18 Oct 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2776509)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Cambrian Rally

Elaine and I tried something different over the weekend. The event was run by the North Wales Car Club, and was based at llandudno. I did the start & finish which was on the promenade, Elaine shadowed the Clerk for the day, hurtling through the North Wales forests (sooner her than me!).
Absolutely fantastic event although lengthy - I signed on @ 6am and stood down @ 19-30 although there was a 4 hour gap in the middle.
Such friendly people - the Marshals, Competitors & Spectators, a really different way to spend a weekend, I'd recommend you give it a go.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2776744)   #2
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snap

But for us it was running a stage finish between a group, even introduced the 12year old daughter to the forests for the first time

Me I/C stop line Sarah on the headsets getting the times from the flying finish and Matthew gennerally assisting

ALways a good day out and for the last few years even the weaether has been kind

Only a shame it clashed with the Fun cup
Old 19 Oct 2010, 07:23 (Ref:2776980)   #3
Garry Holmes
Racer

Garry Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same for me, sat at j2 in Penmachno N. There are few places where you get a view like that across to Moel Saibod and the Carneddau. And the cars weren't half bad either! For an event that was struggling a few years ago, to a capacity entry of 150 cars for this year someone must be doing something right.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2777086)   #4
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too, along with Fazza, Junction 19 SS1 and Junction 25 SS6 Same spot but so much fun, apart from the poor Radio Marshal on Post 24 SS6 who was collected by a competitor over running the corner.