Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 May 2011, 03:12 (Ref:2873822)   #1
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A LMP1 Lola Judd Back From the Dead!?!

It would appear that the Lola B07/17 Judd originally campaigned by Charouz before being destroyed by Intersport has come back from the dead. The car showed up at The Mitty last weekend at Road Atlanta in a blue and orange livery driven by George Robinson.

The car is actually listed as a B07/18 which would refer to the former Swiss Spirit Audi powered car, but it's listed as having a 5.5L engine (Judd) and is wearing the bespoke bodywork to the old Charouz car. Either way, a Lola chassis which had been dormant for some time is now back on track, which is a great thing!

Bill Binnie Also had his Le Mans winning Lola at the event as was Brad Rodgers' Audi R8 (one of the cars Brad Kettler looks after)

Old 4 May 2011, 04:08 (Ref:2873830)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Looks like a Chevy Intrepid GTP in the back of one of those shots.
Old 4 May 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2873964)   #3
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
So, has George parked the R&S Mk IIIC in favor of this now?
Old 4 May 2011, 13:04 (Ref:2873997)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The car sounded great and smoked everyone in the 7 lap sprint race on Saturday. I didn't make it to the track on Sunday.
Old 4 May 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2874013)   #5
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
I contacted the team and it is infact the ex-Swiss Spirit Audi car (B07/10 HU01) that's been converted to Judd power and Charouz spec bodywork.
Old 4 May 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2874014)   #6
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
George Robinson turned the fastest lap of the weekend in his newly acquired Lola B07. The Judd-powered Lola turned a lap of 1:15.2 minutes for an average speed of 121.6 miles per hour.
http://www.sportscardigest.com/hsr-m...photo-gallery/
Old 5 May 2011, 06:34 (Ref:2874350)   #7
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see one of the ex-Patron F430s on page 11 of the photo gallery... Surprised it isn't seeing "real" competition elsewhere.
Old 5 May 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2874352)   #8
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
Interesting to see one of the ex-Patron F430s on page 11 of the photo gallery... Surprised it isn't seeing "real" competition elsewhere.
Gerry Vento's Velox Motorsport team owns that F430 now I believe. Velox ran in the GTC category last year and won the Mosport race with Shane Lewis and Lawson Aschenbach behind the wheel. I was hoping that they would run the Ferrari in ALMS GT this year, but I guess that won't be the case.

And, yes, it's great to see a Chevrolet Intrepid on the track.
Old 7 May 2011, 04:04 (Ref:2875647)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame I couldn't make it this year. I'm assuming this was George Robinson's replacement for the R&S? If so, that is a bit disappointing.
Old 9 May 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2877428)   #10
PhilRenwick
Rookie

PhilRenwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't the Charouz LMP1 Lola have an Aston Martin engine?

Great to see the Bill Binnie Lola again too, fond memories of seeing him at my first ever LMS race, Donington 2006
Old 9 May 2011, 15:06 (Ref:2877522)   #11
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilRenwick View Post
Didn't the Charouz LMP1 Lola have an Aston Martin engine?
You're thinking about the Coupe they "ran" (more like put their name on the initial Prodrive factory attempt) in 2008. That one was converted to Lola Aston bodywork and run as an AMR works car later.
Old 9 May 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2877543)   #12
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
You're thinking about the Coupe they "ran" (more like put their name on the initial Prodrive factory attempt) in 2008. That one was converted to Lola Aston bodywork and run as an AMR works car later.
One of them only. They ran two separate cars over the year, the other I believe is still racing with Rebellion nowadays.
Old 9 May 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2877565)   #13
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
One of them only. They ran two separate cars over the year, the other I believe is still racing with Rebellion nowadays.
Right. I think the car they used in the first part of the season went to Speedy/now Rebellion, the later one became the Aston.
Old 9 May 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2877648)   #14
PhilRenwick
Rookie

PhilRenwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes, of course it was a coupe.

Now that I'm back at home, I can share a couple of my pics. Here's the LMP1 Charouz Racing System Lola B08/60 Aston V12

and also the LMP2 Speedy Racing Team Sebah Lola B08/80 Judd V8

Both taken at Silverstone round of LMS in 2008

(Are both these chassis are now being run in LMP1 by Rebellion?)
Old 9 May 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2877781)   #15
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
If it's Silverstone, the Charouz chassis became AMR's 008 at LM 2009.
Old 10 May 2011, 00:41 (Ref:2877837)   #16
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
This is the Charouz Lola which was originally referred to. Intersport then destroyed it at Petit Le Mans. It was at the time, the only LMP1 open Lola in this configuration and it looks like Robinson has now converted the ex-Audi-powered car to the same spec as this one used to be.

Old 10 May 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2877842)   #17
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, it looks fantastic! Damn RS-Spyder messed up the lines for all LMPs to come with it's fender/sidepod design.