Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2001, 18:21 (Ref:141254)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Briatore

How is he going to explain people at Renault his reasons as to let Fisichella go? Isn't he the weakest link at the team? Briatore, like AGGY will need weeks to whipe out the egg from his face...LOL
Old 4 Sep 2001, 18:33 (Ref:141259)   #2
conemoy_fawlef
Rookie

conemoy_fawlef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too right - i can just imagine it "so then i woke up and then the guy who doesnt speak english did it"
Old 4 Sep 2001, 18:47 (Ref:141266)   #3
BBKing
Veteran

The question is. Will Renault realize what kind of person Briatore is before he sells the blue prints of their new engine to Ferrari?

Weird question? Does anyone here know the story about the Renault engine being "stolen" in Germany at the end of 95? People at Ferrari has a lot of problems to explain why did they drop the V12 engine in favor of the V10 with only few months to start the 96 season.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:15 (Ref:141274)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
The question is. Will Renault realize what kind of person Briatore is before he sells the blue prints of their new engine to Ferrari?

Weird question? Does anyone here know the story about the Renault engine being "stolen" in Germany at the end of 95? People at Ferrari has a lot of problems to explain why did they drop the V12 engine in favor of the V10 with only few months to start the 96 season.
No I haven't heard that one. Please enlighten me. I always enjoy these "Ferrari are evil" conspiracy theories

Funny how Renault's engine plans once again got stolen last year, and "coincidentally" Honda soon after announces they too are going to a high angle V
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:31 (Ref:141284)   #5
conemoy_fawlef
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

No I haven't heard that one. Please enlighten me. I always enjoy these "Ferrari are evil" conspiracy theories

Funny how Renault's engine plans once again got stolen last year, and "coincidentally" Honda soon after announces they too are going to a high angle V
i like ferrari are evil things too, please lets discuss conspirocies
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:37 (Ref:141289)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Waffle, if you're going to get banned and come back under a different alias, you could at least make it something other than an anagram of your previous user name.

It was always on the cards that Trulli would be going to Renault, and obviously one of Benetton's drivers would have to make way for him. With Fisichella's contract being up they were given the perfect opportunity - besides, Trulli is by no means a bad driver so I wouldn't gloat about Briatore's bad decision just yet.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:58 (Ref:141306)   #7
conemoy_fawlef
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
Waffle, if you're going to get banned and come back under a different alias, you could at least make it something other than an anagram of your previous user name.

It was always on the cards that Trulli would be going to Renault, and obviously one of Benetton's drivers would have to make way for him. With Fisichella's contract being up they were given the perfect opportunity - besides, Trulli is by no means a bad driver so I wouldn't gloat about Briatore's bad decision just yet.
yeah well i didnt want to start off all over again so i re-arranged it all.

anyways going back to the point, i think that briatorie has made a mistake as well, i have always beleived that fisichella was the better driver out of the "best of the rest" and this season, he has so far proved it. IMO, Trulli has no reason to be as bad as he was this season - he is a good driver, in a good car. as we have already discussed, Trulli seems to be the better qualifier and really needs to work on his racing.

Fisichella however is the more rounded driver and can qualify well and IMO is one of the best racers (apart from TGF, DC, JPM and JB). what fisichella has been withou in his whole career is a good car. he has now the exerience, and if next year's Jordan is as good as it should be, i think we will see fisi at the top.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 19:59 (Ref:141307)   #8
BBKing
Veteran

Trulli is not bad. He just needs to go to little bro and ask him some tips on how to save his engine…..LOL

Was EW banned? Why? He seemed to be a cool guy. Would that be an indication that my days on this forum are numbered?….LOL
Old 4 Sep 2001, 20:07 (Ref:141318)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by conemoy_fawlef
yeah well i didnt want to start off all over again so i re-arranged it all.
You do know that you will be banned again, don't you?
Old 4 Sep 2001, 21:53 (Ref:141416)   #10
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Briatore couldn't put both Fisichella as Trulli on the pay-roll as Renault couldn't afford them both. They both reside in the $ 20 million salary by next year because of their cummulative contracts, which makes them both, apart from TGF, the real big money-makers in F1. When Renault would have employed them both, their total driver payroll would match Ferrari's which is a bit over the top for the French.
Old 4 Sep 2001, 21:54 (Ref:141419)   #11
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a note beside all the Two-Italian, Button-has-a-contract etc. arguments ofcourse.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 14:28 (Ref:141808)   #12
BBKing
Veteran

You tell them Fisi:
Quote:
"I'm a little disappointed to tell the truth. I would have expected better recognition for what I've done. I don't feel repaid for my efforts and results in a championship where we initially thought we could win some races. I wasn't interested in renewing for only one more year, doing all the work without knowing if I could have enjoyed the fruits. But we have three races left and I will give my best."
2 Italians or 1 Italian an a Briton. What difference does it make? What if they decide to put Alonso. Is nationality a problem?

Renault wants Jacques Villeneuve and might not be out of question for him now that it looks as though they will reach the top before Honda does. One more year and we all know.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 17:59 (Ref:141972)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Renault wants Jacques Villeneuve and might not be out of question for him now that it looks as though they will reach the top before Honda does. One more year and we all know.
Really Renault wants Jacques?? I hope this is true, though with the number of good drivers they have under contract I doubt it.

Where did you get this info from? Is it the same source as your "Ferrari stole Renault's engine plans" story
Old 5 Sep 2001, 18:25 (Ref:141990)   #14
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
I don't know if Renault wants Jacques but I recall the Renault president explaining why they stepped into the F1 arena and he stated that their purpose was to establish Renault as a global player instead of just a European one. So in that light a non-European driver would seem logical.

I don't know what Renault's marketshare in the US is or even if Renaults are sold in the US, but when they want to increase that or enter that market, an American (pref. US) driver or an ex-CART star would fit the bill.

However ... a US driver in a French team?
Nah, not in this world.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 18:25 (Ref:141992)   #15
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

Really Renault wants Jacques?? I hope this is true, though with the number of good drivers they have under contract I doubt it.

Where did you get this info from? Is it the same source as your "Ferrari stole Renault's engine plans" story
They might have good drivers but they will always have a place for a great one like J. Villeneuve.

You don't know Renault wants him? I am begining to ask myself what do you know? Need more information about the stolen engine? Reading one of Mike Lawrence books might help you on that.

Villeneuve opted for BAR last year when Renault wanted him. He signed a contract with BAR for 3 years with many options to get out of it. Who else in the grid speaks French and is capable of winning today? Read the story in Exaust notes at tsn.ca.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 18:46 (Ref:142001)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
OK, I give up... If this Ferrari engine stealing story is indeed common knowledge and proven, then I must admit my ignorance. Can you give me a reference to a specific Lawrence book I could read (he written several books)? I am honestly interested in learning more.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 18:55 (Ref:142008)   #17
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
I haven't heard anything about the Ferrari link, but I thought BMW was linked to spying (stealing?) at Renault. In pre-season there was quite a stir about this.

Spying for information, listening, tapping, hacking, flocking through garbage, photographing and filming are quite common stuff in F1. The higher you get up the rankings the more sophisticated and bolder it gets. Even stealing stuff has been known. And complete engines as well although the latest affair I know of was before Indy in 1990 when some, alledgedly American, manufacturer stole two of the at that time unbeatable Ilmor (the Merc supplier nowadays) engines. Several weeks later they recieved a message that the engines could be found at a certain place. They found them in crates and had been taken apart completely and obviously studied thoroughly. No one could be traced, so no one has been taken into arrest or something. But it kind of illustrates to what lengths people in the sport will go.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 19:04 (Ref:142014)   #18
GanjaGrizz
Racer

GanjaGrizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

. Who else in the grid speaks French and is capable of winning today? Read the story in Exaust notes at tsn.ca.
Jacques speaks French , English, Italian and some Japanees.
The Italian was passed on from his Father in his early years and also learnt it in school. Gilles learnt it in his first year with Ferrari because he loved Ferrari so much!
Schumi has been with Ferrari going on 6 years and cant even say Cio!!
You think Schumi likes Ferrari??...yeah right.

I'm sure all the teams would love to have Jacques drive for them.

Last edited by GanjaGrizz; 5 Sep 2001 at 19:08.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 19:30 (Ref:142026)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Well, Dino, I knew about the (now confirmed) fact that Renault engine plans were indeed stolen by hackers towards the end of last year, and that this is speculated to be the reason for the slow progress on the high angle V. I didn;t know about Ferrari-Renault link in 95 though.
Old 5 Sep 2001, 22:48 (Ref:142151)   #20
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Who else in the grid speaks French and is capable of winning today?
Olivier Panis, who has, to be quite frank, shown Villeneuve up this season.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 03:52 (Ref:142246)   #21
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GanjaGrizz

Jacques speaks French , English, Italian and some Japanees.
The Italian was passed on from his Father in his early years and also learnt it in school. Gilles learnt it in his first year with Ferrari because he loved Ferrari so much!
Schumi has been with Ferrari going on 6 years and cant even say Cio!!
You think Schumi likes Ferrari??...yeah right.

I'm sure all the teams would love to have Jacques drive for them.
Yeah but only Ferrari can afford him,Bar are nearly broke,and broken spirited by their "lead" drivers performances.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 03:54 (Ref:142247)   #22
AGGY
Racer

Re: Briatore

Quote:
How is he going to explain people at Renault his reasons as to let Fisichella go? Isn't he the weakest link at the team? Briatore, like AGGY will need weeks to whipe out the egg from his face...LOL
Who threw the egg,and over what???.

Last edited by AGGY; 6 Sep 2001 at 03:54.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 10:54 (Ref:142375)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like someone said on another thread, Briatore has way too much influence, particularly over certain drivers. But from the rumours surrounding 2002 and Renault, Briatore is on the outer and may be heading to Prost.

As for JV to Renault, well, it's been hinted at before, but BAR is his baby, so I doubt he'll ever really want to leave. His public outbursts are nothing more than those of a guy who reeeallly wants to win now, but thanks to the machinery at hand, isn't getting the oppurtunity too.

Plus, isn't he getting more money each season he stays with BAR?!?!?

And since when is BAR broke? They've got BAT behind them!!! They can afford it with their billions of dollars.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 13:11 (Ref:142442)   #24
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Like someone said on another thread, Briatore has way too much influence, particularly over certain drivers. But from the rumours surrounding 2002 and Renault, Briatore is on the outer and may be heading to Prost.

As for JV to Renault, well, it's been hinted at before, but BAR is his baby, so I doubt he'll ever really want to leave. His public outbursts are nothing more than those of a guy who reeeallly wants to win now, but thanks to the machinery at hand, isn't getting the oppurtunity too.

Plus, isn't he getting more money each season he stays with BAR?!?!?

And since when is BAR broke? They've got BAT behind them!!! They can afford it with their billions of dollars.
I can`t back this but i thought they where 100 million in debt,half their annual budget...Bat won`t keep pouring money down the toilet,as much as we like F1,i`m sure they see it as a business transaction.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 13:23 (Ref:142450)   #25
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz

For some time, BAT have been rumoured to want to sell their stake in BAR, because of the tobacco ban coming into place.