Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Feb 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3212458)   #1
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercars Live Streaming 2013

Yep - they've announced there will be some in both Australia and Internationally:

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8live/schedule

Sadly reading the fine print:

Quote:
Streaming will not be available in New Zealand, please visit skysport.co.nz for information on V8 Supercars New Zealand broadcast.
Yep... thanks Sky, needless to say I'm not paying ~$70 a month just for V8's

Old 28 Feb 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3212459)   #2
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not worried too worried that the main game qualy and races aren't streamed, I got Sky years ago to watch Nascar & F1, but I wish they would stream the stuff we can't get on telly here, like the DVS and all the practice sessions. That's just mean.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3212466)   #3
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get yourselves a VPN connection. Witopia is a good one.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3212488)   #4
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
For us dozers, what is a VPN?
Old 1 Mar 2013, 01:26 (Ref:3212513)   #5
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VPN is a 'virtual private network', it basically means you use your internet connection to get to another network, which might happen to be another country Then you can use the internet as if you are on that network.

There may or may not have been mention of a site that might be able to provide such a service in an earlier post.

But I didn't tell you that. OK.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3212542)   #6
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Ah, excellent, I see how this works. Not that anyone told me anything of course :P

Is the V8supercar site streaming the DVS stuff?
Old 1 Mar 2013, 03:55 (Ref:3212550)   #7
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anybody having trouble trying to buy the V8 app and get onto the live timing from the app.
I wanting to buy it, but it keeps telling me to buy the software, what software.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 1 Mar 2013, 04:30 (Ref:3212556)   #8
Langers
Veteran

has anyone actually been able to see the live streaming video on the website? If so, what is the exact link? I've loaded up the home page several times with no luck.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 04:53 (Ref:3212557)   #9
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
has anyone actually been able to see the live streaming video on the website? If so, what is the exact link? I've loaded up the home page several times with no luck.
As above

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8live/schedule
Old 1 Mar 2013, 05:24 (Ref:3212565)   #10
Langers
Veteran

Must be a problem with my computer; I don't see any video on that page at all.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 05:43 (Ref:3212566)   #11
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is flash, maybe that is the problem or an ad blocker even
Old 1 Mar 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3212740)   #12
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems the live streaming was just a one off for the weekend and will become a paid service from tassie... If the provide all sessions live, good quality stream and ad free I would pay for that.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3212878)   #13
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Must be a problem with my computer; I don't see any video on that page at all.

Yep will be needing to enable ot d/l flash or a similar plugin.
What browser are you using?
Old 3 Mar 2013, 04:45 (Ref:3213500)   #14
Langers
Veteran

Is anyone else finding that the sound is 4 - 5 seconds delayed from the vision now? (around 20 laps into race 2)
Old 3 Mar 2013, 04:46 (Ref:3213501)   #15
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah sound is out by miles....
Old 3 Mar 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3213508)   #16
hairykiore
Rookie

hairykiore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats happening???

Hi..I did what you said.... I have been on the race one hour and 5 minutes and I am on Lap 8...which means at this rate the race will go for 10 hours??? Problem is the feed is stop / start /stop / start which is probably why it will take 10 hours?? Its using 170 to 250 kb/sec continuous bandwidth...Earlier I saw the qualifying and it was great so I just do not what is the problem with the feed ....Cheers Hk

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
VPN is a 'virtual private network', it basically means you use your internet connection to get to another network, which might happen to be another country Then you can use the internet as if you are on that network.

There may or may not have been mention of a site that might be able to provide such a service in an earlier post.

But I didn't tell you that. OK.
Old 3 Mar 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3213546)   #17
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have been away from the TV Saturday and Sunday (today at Symmons Plains but that is beside the point!)

Must say I am very impressed with the quality of the service. On the iPad with its own 3G connection it ran rock solid all day.

Biggest complaint I can come up with is that they pulled the plug in the middle of the podium interviews this afternoon.
Old 3 Mar 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3213797)   #18
hairykiore
Rookie

Did anybody have the same problem as I did wrching V8's online

Hi ...Yesterday I watched the 30 minute qualifying online and it was brilliant
Later the race 2 was a disaster.....after every 2 sec of stream I got a 12 sec freeze .....65 minutes into the race it was on lap 7 ??? and when the stream was switched off the race was on Lap 18 ....I have submitted a report but I wonder if anybody else suffered the same as I did ...was the streamer overwhelmed by the world wide interest in their freebie weekend cause there is no way I can sign up til I have a guarantee of a race stream and not a disaster like yesterday was...My download meter showed 170-250 kb/sec which proved my download speed was plenty good enough...
I would certainly appreciate any comment on this as I want to try and find out the reason why it was like what it was ..Thanks Hk

Last edited by hairykiore; 3 Mar 2013 at 20:54. Reason: Make a small change and go to advanced
Old 3 Mar 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3213857)   #19
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, The quality was good and then it would just stop and I would get a message saying that the stream was unavailable. Refresh and it would be alright for a little bit longer. Sound did not match up with the pictures. Fridays development race the stopped the coverage 2 laps from the end. They did not show the podium on Saturday at all.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3213868)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The output was a beta trial. There is a survey link at the bottom of the page to provide feedback, I would suggest that we all should do so, in order to improve the show.

LINK HERE
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Mar 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3213899)   #21
hairykiore
Rookie

Re Survey

Yes ..thats what I have done.....The problem for me is that I want some assurances before I put my hand in my wallet that they have the systems in place to provide the service they offer...
I am presuming that after the brilliance in the qualifing it was overloading the site in the actual race that caused the problems but only an expert could verify that... Hk
Old 4 Mar 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3214102)   #22
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think once everyone realised there were no ads on the stream you would of found a lot of people jumping on to use it.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3214302)   #23
hairykiore
Rookie

Would appreciate knowing?

Hi..I would appreciate knowing this... I presume in Australia the V8's can be viewed Live ... is this free to air ?? If it is does one of the major networks carry it ..... and which one..

I also see Rupert Murdoch has sold his + $800 million holding in SKY NZ.... Does Rupert consider the future in Live Sport is Streaming Online where already most sports are available free and with massive upgrades of Broadband .. Quality in the near future will not be a factor..HK
Old 12 Mar 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3217338)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie V8Supercar Digital IPTV Is GO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFR Mon 11/3/13, p50, Sports Review: Motorsport by John Stensholt
V8Supercars launches web TV service

V8 Supercars Australia will roll out a subscription IPTV service next month after a successful trial at the season-opening Clipsal 500 race in Adelaide two weeks ago.

V8 Supercars broadcast the Adelaide event over the internet for free as it plans to do for the Tasmania 360 on the weekend beginning April 6, before charging for the service for the Auckland race a week later

V8 chief executive David Malone said the move was part of the organisation’s strategy of keeping more revenue from its digital products: “We will be offering a subscription service to our fans at a price point that is yet to be determined. But it is certainly an intention of ours to monetise services we provide on our website, replays for races and the live broadcast stream.”

The V8s see digital services as an important source of income, particularly as the value of its new broadcasting deal with Seven West Media, which included a cash component of $18 million, was below its previous deal.

The V8s deliberately kept digital rights rather than outsource it to another party or enter into a joint venture. The NRL and AFL have also offered a new digital only broadcast product this year, charging customers about $90 for a full season service.

Mr Malone said more testing was needed to ensure the broadcast was on sufficient quality across several platforms, with the service being provided by US company Brightcove.

He said feedback about picture and audio quality of the telecast had been good. V8 Supercars used the pictures it produced for Seven Network’s free-to-air coverage and its commentary.

About 21,000 people viewed the Adelaide event online, a number Mr Malone was satisfied with given the V8s had not advertised the service, and gave it little promotion on its website.

Interest in the Adelaide race was strong, with traffic on the official V8 website up 39 percent compared with last year and impressions on its Facebook page rising 60 per cent

Wonder how much product you get for the subscription

The V8Supercar iPhone app has an icon on the website suggesting that they surpassed 175,000 downloads last year... at $15 a pop (less GST & costs), its a strong contributor to V8SA budgets...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Mar 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3217339)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So will it be commercial free?